Shaman King (Edited)

FOX (ended 2005)

avataraang4

Shaman King (Edited) Fan Reviews (78)

• Eh, not too bad. Lyserg, boy with anger and a past, joins the guys.

I cannot believe that Lyserg Dithel boy. I knew he'd be trouble from the start. I was also very stunned when Rio hard trouble knowing Lyserg Dithel was a dude, so that really freaked me out, a lot. And, also, I thought his "find and strike people" method was a horrible way he wanted to find "friends". No one would ever try to be his friend like that. Except Yoh, who's way too nice sometimes. AND LEN! He was the only one with some SENSE! He was doubtful, but as a loyal friend to Yoh and the others he tried to actually become Lyserg's ACQUAINTANCE and tried to be NICE.
  • This was my first japenese anime and was really entertaining!

Shaman King was started off by a young boy named Manta(Morty)at his high school in Tokyo. Then after school he was sent to the Tokyo cemetary. There he meets Yoh Asakura who is a Shaman with his current spirit Amidamaru. hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hibhi hi hi hi hs i hi hi hi hi hi hi hi gi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi ohand so on to his quest to be shaman king and defeat his evil twin brother named Hao(Zeke)Asakura.
  • Just like Naruto But also good fir Kids!

This is just like Naruto ,But suitable for kids under 8 yrs.Awsome show ,Battles,Humour and spirts is awsome,Must go on A nice show is always nice,esspecially when its about Battles and Humour its pretty awsome.Yoh the guy with a spirt an his pals are in the Shaman Tournement and want to become Shaman kings.Its pretty cool with battles and stuff,its kinda like Naruto,but i think they are all pretty rad.Spirts are cool two,they can be in any weopens and it is so cool.Also the Battles and tournemts are pretty fun so you can stick with it more.

Humour is there two and its cool ,So shaman king is pretty awsome,if you are new to the series,you will pick it very fast if your a fan of Naruto.
    It must go on
  • A roller coaster ride that most of the time goes down instead of up.

I expected big things from Shaman King. The manga author was originally Oda's assisant who is doing One Piece, who was also an assistant to Watsuki, the creator of Rurouni Kenshin. With influences from manga authors who have drawn two of the greatest shounen mangas ever, you'd expect Shaman King to be at least above average. Well, it was average at best, and there's really nothing good about that. Shaman King excels in its rich world and fighting concepts along with producing some pretty cool characters, but terribly lacks in its weaker areas.

A shaman is someone who can see the souls that remain unrested and roam around the earth. The shamans are able to bind with these souls and absorb the powers and techniques that those souls previously had. When I mean powers and techniques, I'm talking about the generic shounen variety, such as flying hydras, skeletons, and beams (in fact, one character's attack is simply named "beam"). These guys are usually invited to a tournament to compete for the title of Shaman King who is granted great powers. Yoh competes in this tournament in order to achieve eternal relaxation. Throughout his journey, he meets other shamans and unite with them in order to overcome the evil that is brewing behind the scenes, along with competing for the title of Shaman King in order to fulfill their own individual dreams. Yoh is a bit unique in his own sense. A guy with great work ethic who strives to become stronger to the point where he can slack off for the rest of his life? New to me. However, the problem with Yoh is that he's a bit too superficial. Anna, Yoh's fiancee, and Hao, Yoh's arch rival, also suffer the same illness of over sophistication. Anna is much too unpredictable in a bad way. She'll be way too strict, way too calm, and way too demanding all at the same time! Hao is a bit one dimensional; predictable behaviour, his hobbies are laughing and smiling sadistically, and his character really doesn't develop until the last two episodes.

Though Hao isn't the only character that lacks development. This show really doesn't have a lot of character development at all! Most of the characters stay the same. Conflict is pretty vital to any story, but none of them any more important than character conflict, which is where Shaman King greatly lacks in. Though it is all a matter of preferential taste, because Ryu and Chocolove, two members of Yoh's group, really don't change, but are extremely likeable characters.

The characters are tolerable, because you'll find one or two characters you'll like, but the filler makes this anime borderline unbearable to watch sometimes. A couple of fillers would have been nice, but the middle portion of Shaman King is just abundant in filler that is both uncreative and plain boring to watch. You'll find a couple that are rather exceptional, but there are much more bad filler out there that is quite unforgiving.

When you start getting out of the filler phase, you run into a tedious process of good guy meets bad, bad guy is on the verge of winning, and then good guy pulls off some miracle win completely out of his ass. These bad guys also become good and aid the good guys in their journey to defeat evil. Follows the shounen guidelines perfectly. Even worse is that the ending absolutely sucks. Deus ex mechanica at its very finest.

Shaman King fails as a story in general. Fortunately it is also a shounen anime, and there are certain elements to a shounen anime that attract people, like me, into watching them. Tournaments, strategical battling, suspense, training, it's all here...in a watered down fashion. Yoh does some rigorous training exercises in the beginning, and almost never trains again. In fact, almost none of the other characters go through a process of training, yet they somehow get stronger. In fact, there's a sequence somewhere in the anime where the characters literally gain an immense amount of strength within the span of a second. The fights are pretty strategical and sometimes entertaining to watch, but they're severely dragged down by the usual "What you're doing is bad" speech, in which they will usually turn good after being defeated.

Shaman King reminds me of another middle of the pack shounen called Rave Master. Rave Master suffers from trying to be too badass and cool, while Shaman King suffers from trying to be way too unique and different. The difference is that Rave Master was much better presented and got consistently better as it went along. Shaman King would have these spurts of goodness followed by some long periods of suckiness. Only true shounen fans would possibly enjoy Shaman King, though if you have other priorities in your list of "what shounen to watch next", Shaman King should be at the bottom.
  • Shaman King

I started watching clips of the show on Jetix, then i decided to watch a whole episode and from that day on i was hooked . The main plot of the show is about a young boy called Yoh and his friend named Morty. Yoh is a shaman and wants to compete in the competition to become shaman king, but first he must go through several rounds to get to the finals but this twin Zeke wants to create a shaman only world but the only way he can is by combining with the king of spirits.
    Overall this show is awesome and i hope they bring it back form another series. Please bring it back.
  • Pretty rad,more like Naruto

It must go on
  • The shaman of shamans

A boy that allway is lisent miusic and act in a relax way is the hope to the world that is in danger .One of my favorite was HOro hore He was a litlle crazy no way.in fact he was crazy.The shamans with their spirit flouting and flyng were so fun the call me the attention. i love the one that was a butterfly or something like that .well this anime have a lot of character and the develop them alot with his own historythe single of them.

Ilike the show because the things with spirit for me are something that is so mystirys,adventure and a like silly well only a litlle .Show like this are special they have a good history but... well they can do it better.nothing personal with that.
  • Totally awesome show!!

Shaman King rocks! The plot line is original and so are the characters. They're awesome! There's a lot of action and suspense, many humurous parts, and a dash of romance. How can anyone not like this wonderful anime? I never even heard of it until my cuz talked to me about it. I gave it a chance, and I LOVED it!
  • Awesome show with an awesome story line. Origional storyline and characters. It had funny moments, sad moments, many action moments, and even romance moments.A great show all around and every second of it is worth watching. I recommened this to everyone!

The show begins with a short boy named Manta (Marty in english)who is an average kid who gets very good grades. Then he meets an odd kid named Yoh in a cemetary and meets some ghosts. The two become the best of friends and then the adventure begins. They take on Ryo of the wooden sword, and then fight another powerful shaman by the name of Ren. (Lenny in english)Then Anna the feared shows up, and turns out to be none other then Yoh's fiance! Soon Ryo comes back as an ally and Horo-Horo (Trey in english) as well, after his sister. The gang is happy when Ren's spirit bursts through the door telling of a horrible mishap with Ren and Jun (his older sister) when they try to stop going along with their father (Uncle in english version) En Tao. Yoh helps Ren out and the gang defeats En. After that Ren finally warms up to Yoh and almost becomes friends. And then the Shaman Tournament begins. Yoh's first fight is against his friend Horo-Horo, then a powerful Necromancer named Faust, and none other than Ren himself. After the preliminaries, Yoh finally becomes friends with Ren and the gang sets off for the second round in America. Many shamans are met and many battles take place. In the end they fight a re-encarnated Hao (Zeke) and an amazing battle takes place, and then the series ends. (tear) Anyways, what I'm saying is WATCH THE SERIES!!! But not in english!!! The voicres are so gay especially Rens, he sounds so retarded!
  • Very cool!

I love anime.My favorite anime shows are Inuyasha,Rave Master and of course Shaman King.What I love about this anime is the storyline,the animation and the characters.

Storyline:Shaman King is about a 14-year-old shaman boy named Yoh who lives in a world where people and spirits can see and communicate with each other.He also makes friends with a boy named Morty who can see ghosts as well even if he's not a shaman.Yoh even finds a guardian ghost named Amidamaru,a great Japanease samurai who died at the age of 24.Being Yoh's new guardian ghost,Amidamaru travels with Yoh to fight other shamans and eventually,become the shaman king.Yoh even has help from his bossy,tough and rather terrifying fiancé and trainer,Ana who also happens to be a Spirit Medium who can summon and communicate with the dead with a necklace of beads no matter where in the world she is.As Yoh prepares for the shaman tournament (the biggest fight to determine the Shaman King),he makes some unexpected friends along the way and discovers the power he holds as a shaman.

Animation:The animation of this show is the best.The parts when the shamans use spirit unity or furioku are well sketched out which is why I love those parts.The expressions on the characters are priceless especially when the characters are depressed or angry and there's a shadow drawn over their eyes which viewers just can't help wondering about what will happen.The way the characters are drawn is also fantastic.Most of the wacky hair styles on the characters are good ways of remembering who's who because anyone who watches Shaman King could never forget such well drawn yet strange hair of each character.

Characters:Yoh just happens to be my favorite character on the show because of his easy-going,trusting and relaxed personality and how he can see the good in everyone even in most of his enemies.Ana's ways of torturing Yoh yet improving him are hilarious.It's really nice to see an anime girl with a whole lot of backbone and an appearance showing almost no fear.When she wasn't fighting with Yoh when he was up against a Dao-shi (someone who controls zombies with talisman),I was a bit disappointed in her but after she explained to Morty why she wasn't fighting was because she had faith in Yoh,it made me happy she was my favorite female on the show.Morty's interesting.I'd like to know and see more of his family but other than that,I like him because he's extremely loyal to his friends.Rio's awesome.At first,I thought he was going to be a freak but I saw he was funny and also helpful to Yoh.I also like how he defends Yoh's honor if someone insults Yoh.Len at first seemed like a psychopath who just wanted to destroy but after Yoh invited Len to his house,I saw Len was a decent character and liked how he became a friend of Yoh's.Trey's hilarious and I also like his dedication to nature.Lyserg at first was an okay character but after he joined the X-Laws (fighters for good but fight with no mercy)I hated him ever since and he left just because Yoh was defending someone who was evil from the X-Laws.The X-Laws are just annoying because they hide behind their fancy guns and whatnot and just blast people who they think are evil.All around,there really isn't a character I hate on this show.Altogether,I rate this show an 9/10.
  • This show changed my look on the world!!!

When i first saw this hwo...i knew it was something special.I knew it wasnt like any of your normal shows!!!Before i ever saw this show...i didnt believe in ghosts!I know it sounds silly,but its true!!!I just wish they could bring it back someday...and maybe they will...i guess well just have to wait!The first anime show i have ever liked!!!I even think its better than Naruto!!!(NO OFFENSE)If it werent for this show...i would of had nothing good to watch back then!!!I mean,its different.When did you ever see a show with a tournament,and kids using ghosts as their guardians!!!Its a really different show!But in the good way...of course!
  • Shaman King is about teenager Yoh and many friends who are Shamans, people who talk to and do battle with ghosts and spirits. Its about the adventure they go on trying to win the grand Shaman Tournament and save the world from his evil twin brother Zeke.

Shaman King is one of the best animes I've EVER seen. I've watched it so many times and never got bored. It might be a kiddish series but it's full of so many TOTALLY dfferent characters all with their own angst and sadness and horrible pasts. They're all such opposits there's gotta be at least one character you love or just wanna mother feel sorry for. The plot has so many twists at each episode there always something exciting going on. Give it a try, I'm pretty sure there'll be some element in there to pull you in.
  • this show is about the adventures and actions of the shamans yoh,ren,jako and the others as they go on a journey to find dobbie village and battle to try and become shaman king to make thier dreams come true when they become shaman king.

yoh and his group have a defficult time finding the hidden village to do the last round of the shaman fights.

but there is a shaman who wants to become shaman king to destroy all humans his name is zeke and he is yoh's older twin brother but yoh was unawear of this until his father explained it to him,it seems zeke incarnated himself into thier family to gain the fruits of the powers of thier family's ancestors.

later zeke takes yoh's spirite as he is about to take the king spirit before the end of the tournament but yoh defeats him at the end.
  • yes it is coll parteeeeeeeeeey

It is the end of the twentieth century. Yoh Asakura is a Shaman. He is on a training course, hoping to strengthen his abilities. His ultimate goal: to participate in the Shaman King Fight, an event which occurs once every five-hundred years. Shamans from all over the world compete in this massive tournament for one goal, to gain possession of the omnipotent spirit, The Great Spirit. Together with his classmate and best friend Mortimer Oyamada, his samurai spirit Amidamaru, fiancee Anna Kyoyama and other Friends and Rivals such as Len Tao from China and Trey Racer from the North and many more, they will work towards the ultimate goal of becoming the all-powerful Shaman King. But he will discover the dark truth behind Zeke.
    THIS SHOW IS THE GREATEST
  • man if you could sum this up into one word it would be this BLILLIANT

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
    awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
  • A show that I won't be able to see anymore

Shaman King is another one of my favort 4kids shows along with Kirby, Cramp Twins, Sonic X, & Viva Pinta I so glad that Kirby & Pinata is on 4kids but I'll be even happier if this Cramp Twins & Sonic X is back on because there been a lot of crap on t.v. these days like CatDog, Baby Looney Tunes, Sagwa, & House of Mouse
  • Wow. Shamans,spirits, ghosts, furyoku, what coud be next? A shaman tornament that happens every 500 years, thats what!!!

I really love this anime so much.. I am like in love with it. I mean... uh.. thats to say...uh.. you know what i mean.
    ok where was I. why I like shaman king because there actions adventure comedy and fantasy. Thats the anime I like. My fave characters are
    - REN TAO
    -YOH ASSAKURA
    -HAO ASSAKURA
    -ANNA
    -JUN TAO
    -RAN TAO
    -HOROHORO
    -MORPHINE
  • What else could i ask for??? spirits, action, weapons....

Yeah! this is a show about a 14 years old boy called Yoh Asakura he wants to become the shaman king so he can have a paceful life. He\'s a paceful guy who confront all the situations with a smile.He always like to make new friends and help them when they need to, his spirit is Amidamaru,the legend says when he was alive he use to be a terrible samurai known by kill a lot of people..(600 years ago).Yoh\'s fiancée is Anna an itako, she makes him train so hard so he become the SK and have a luxury and comfort life but in fact she really loves him.
  • Yoh is a shaman who is easy going and doesn't take everything seriously. His spirit is Amidamaru ,a samurai.His best friend is Morty and fiancee is Anna. He gets many friends during the shaman tournament and battles his twin brother Zeke along the way.

This show is awesome!!!!x100 Too bad they ended it though. They should have kept it going. My favorite character is Yoh because he can be so lazy sometimes. This show is full of action and suspensing. There's a lot of surprises in it also. I never got to see all the episodes but the ones I did see were awesome. I hope they show them on tv again!!! I'll be so glad because I was sad when the last episode aired. I love how it is about spirits and things like that. It's so cool. The creater of this show thought up a really good show.
  • The show was so great, even 4-kids couldn't ruin it.

I'm pretty sure i watched every episode in the series. I use to watch it on 4-kids.tv every saturday morning, i never missed an episode. Its one of them animes, that get you hooked in the story. When i first saw Shaman King, i was like "WOW...Finaly a new good anime came out". Anyways, i like the story, i like the characters, oh heck i like pretty near everything about it. I have also red the Manga, which is even better then the show. I'm glad the show at least had a good ending to it. Thats all for me. Later...
  • It is a very interesting and historical series .

Yoh Asakura is a cheerful and easygoing slacker . He is also a shaman - one of the gifted few who are able to channel spirits that most people can't even see . He has spent years training for the Shaman Fight an epic tournament to determine who will become the shaman king and shape the future of humanity . He has Amidamaru , a samurai who died in Japan's Muromachi era . He is Yoh's ghostly companinon . He also has friends named Anna, Ryu , Tao Ren , and Lysberg . Unfortunately for Yoh, every shaman in the world is vying for the same prize .
  • GHOSTS AND SPIRITS!!!

Shaman king is about a boy named Yoh Asakura. He is a shaman. He can see dead people and can inherit their powers. A bunch of other characters in Shaman King can also do that. I like Shaman King a lot. I haven't watched a lot of episodes of Shaman King. The ones that I have watched are good. My favourite characters in Shaman King are probable Yoh Asakura and Len Tao (Lenny). My least favourite characters are Morty and Ryo. I mean Morty is so short and ugly and he is always carrying around a dictionary. A DICTIONARY???? Ryo is tall and very ugly. He wears such stupid clothes and his hairstyle is soooo dumb. He's a Swiss roll head. Anywayz other characters aren't that bad like Yoh and Lenny. I don't really have a favourite episode. This show is a good show.
  • sweet ghosts and spirits!!!!

great show only not to fond of what 4kids did to it still had the action but you almost have to have blood!!! they did the same thing for onepiece they took out all of the good parts!!! they actually ruin all the shows they put on there i watched the japenese version and know what i saw BLOOD!!!! wha ha ha!!! talk about awesome!!! i like doing this (!!!) and this (...) if you've noticed...srry off subject... ok just watch the show you'll be amazed... wait oh no 4kids had to be bunch of @*#$&@^#$ and cancel it thats right cancel it!!! im really starting to hate them... but at least i have youtube to rewatch episodes i think i saw them all...
  • This show is one of da best!!!

When watching this show for the first time, I didn't really got into it at first. Then, I thought why don't I give it a try? What would I lose, right?

I like everthing about it; from the plot to the character's personality, and to the lessons learned in the shows. At first, I could't believe it! I said to myself, who would want to watch a dumb show like that? Then, I found myself liking and watching it everyday. Maybe it's because I'm a fan the show.

Anyways, I suggest that this is a one hell of a good show. I dare ya to watch it. And I promise you won't regret it.
  • too bad they don't show it anymore

shaman king was one of the best shows one the air.I really like that show and I couldn't wait to see the next episode..I'm really sorry that this show is over because it was my favourite thing to watch... the charecters were interesting they were funny strong and it was an amasing entertaiment...I personaly preffer more realistic shows wthout ghost but for people who like sci-fi will love that cartoon..I don't give it perfect 10 only because the ending wasn't the best and it's like the crators just knew that the show is ending and they didn't put to much in the ending but overall it was good.
  • This show is amazing! ^_^ I wish they'd make more episodes and pick up where they left off! :(

Shaman King plays out the journey of Yoh Asakura and his friends Morty, Lenny, Trey and Rio as they battle it out in the Shaman tournament, an event that takes place every 500 years. The winner of this tournament will be crowned Shaman King; they will have complete access to the King of Spirits and with it all the knowledge in the world. But things don't exactly go to plan, and they meet a certain somebody bent on ruling a powerful, shaman-only world....

************************************************************

I agree that another company OTHER than 4Kids should have been involved in the distribution of this fantastic anime (why not Viz? They've done a pretty good job of Naruto!) But all in all, 10 out of 10. :) It has action, adventure, suspense, friendship - pretty much everything, which is a winning formula in my book. :) Now, who to keep on to to get the DVDs (re-)released....
  • This is probably the ONLY Shonen Jump and Non-Nintendo 4Kids dub I can tolerate.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen a LOT wrong with this dub compared to the original, but I will also admit it is not one of the worst ones either. I have done some comparisons and such and basicly the there are two huge flaws in this dub. Corny dioloage change, and some stupid storyline alterations, (a lot of them) so this is not that true to the original. However, the way it was dubbed and what WAS left in and such actually made this an acceptable show even for teens and adults as well. A lot of dark stuff was left in (but believe me, more dark stuff was left in the original).

If you can get the manga or the original versions of the animes with subtitles, I would recommend them over this. But still, this version is enjoyable too, but after watching it, if you do like it, watch the original afterwards.
  • I love this show, but why did they have to change the plot.

To tell you the truth, I don't really watch that much Anime. Only a couple, like Yugioh, Witch Hunter Robin, Naruto, well, you get the idea. But while watching Saturday moring cartoons one time (my brother made me) I came across an anime that caught my eye: Shaman King.
    And from that moment, every Saturday I woke up at 9:30 just to watch it.
    The plot is real simple: Boy dreams of creating a world where no one is lonely and he can slack around. Boy finds way to get to dream. Boy compeates for dream. But the overall plot in detail is more complicated than that. 13-year-old Asakura Yoh wants to become Shaman King. After gaing the 600-year-old samarui Adminamaru to become his ally, he is pronounced an aligiable candidate.
    In the first round of compeading, he manages to come out with only 2 wins and 1 loss. But in the second round, he meets up with the secreat of his family: Asakura Hao. Hao, personally, is my favorite character. He's complicated, both evil and good, pure and impure, human and inhuman. He's the spirit of a man who lived 1000 years ago, and has sworned to destroy all humans.
    The reason he wants to destroy humans has remained a mystersy to most fans, besides the fact he divined that humans will be the end of the earth. It changes greatly in both the anime and the manga. The Anime is he's just evil; the manga reviels that the original Hao Asakura 1000 years ago started off as a poor country kid, who's mother was a shaman. Unfortunately, humans mistanken his mom as a witch and burned her while he got beatened up. Sad, really.
    Well, the story is way, waaaay longer than this, so I hoped you enjoyed my reason to watch Shaman King. See ya.
  • Yo is destined to be the Shaman King.

Shaman King is a classic television show. Yo and the Shaman people are so cool. They can summon thier spirit partner to help them win battles. Like charging with full force with a spear except a magic aura of your spirit comes and makes your attack even stronger. When Yo was just learning how to use his powers the show was preety simple but when the Shaman tournament began it just got tottaly better. With many fights and characters it is bound to make the show entertaining and thrilling. Each character also has a dream which lets you know them a little better. If you like anime this is a must see!
  • So freaking good man!!!

OMG so freaking great man! The best anime ever! Wish they would make new episodes! I love it! I love it! I love it!I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it!
< 1 2 3