Shameless (UK) Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Channel 4In Season

Is Shameless better now in comparison to the earlier seasons

Is Shameless better now in comparison to the earlier seasons?

csino1fan

[1]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 15

Is Shameless better now in comparison to the earlier seasons?

The last episode wasnt to bad (E4) I didn't very much care for the C4 one. The plotlines seem to lack the Texture the earlier season had

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

POTTYLISA

[2]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Although I have enjoyed this series of shameless so far,I don't think it has been as good as earlier series.However the present series has had a longer run at 16 episodes compared to 8 in series 4 so I suppose it's whether you prefer quality over quantity.

csino1fan

[3]Mar 13, 2008
    Hmm, i would go with Quality. Although, i didn tknow they had som much episode in this current season. This gives it some chance to perk up a little bit

POTTYLISA

[4]Mar 16, 2008
    well only four to go now the e4 episode on tuesday looks good this week though.

csino1fan

[5]Mar 16, 2008
    Woop, lets hope my Sky Digital sorts itself out, otherwise im watching it on freeview in the kitchen!!!

ozziefan

[6]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 30
    No not at all I'm afraid. It is still quality viewing, but it much harder to believe now.

Season 1 and 2 had it all - it was funny one minute dramatic the next. You take Fiona and Steve out and it its never going to reach that peak again.

csino1fan

[7]Mar 18, 2008
    Hmm i think it was still okay without Fiona and steve. Take out Kev, vreonica, sheila and Kez and what have you got? Well..pretty much what we have now. Its not bad, but its nothing compared to what we had!!!

ozziefan

[8]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 30
    Oh It was still really good, (still is) just more comedy based than before.

The drama has almost dissappeared though and I really liked the blend between comedy and drama. The one where Debbie took the little kid is the best example of that!

Lethal-dealer

[9]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    Since season 1 .. fiona , steve , lip, kash , kev veronica , marty , sheila have all gone but its still good . Carl gets more time now and i like him and the maguires are as much a part as the gallaghers. It isn't as good but ill still watch obviously

POTTYLISA

[10]Mar 21, 2008
    I think shameless has always been more about comedy than drama really and although at times true to life,I think it does have a tendency to go over the top on some storylines but that makes it more fun to watch, and yes I do really miss certain characters namely Sheila,kev and Veronica.But like with most shows characters come and go and though we miss them I feel bringing in new characters brings a new freshness and feel to storylines I wasn't sure about the Maguires when they first started but now I think they are central to the show and would really miss them if they left.I also think the show has picked up a lot over say the last 4 episodes and tuesday nights e4 ep was hilarious, I really don't want it to end now it makes my tuesday nights after a long days work.

csino1fan

[11]Mar 21, 2008
    POTTYLISA wrote:
    I think shameless has always been more about comedy than drama really and although at times true to life,I think it does have a tendency to go over the top on some storylines but that makes it more fun to watch, and yes I do really miss certain characters namely Sheila,kev and Veronica.But like with most shows characters come and go and though we miss them I feel bringing in new characters brings a new freshness and feel to storylines I wasn't sure about the Maguires when they first started but now I think they are central to the show and would really miss them if they left.I also think the show has picked up a lot over say the last 4 episodes and tuesday nights e4 ep was hilarious, I really don't want it to end now it makes my tuesday nights after a long days work.

Completly agree, keeps the plot fresh!

Missed E4s episode because of 'Technical difficulties' (meaning that Sky Digital is crap!!!) I shall catch up on tuesday with both C4 and E4 epsiodes

POTTYLISA

[12]Mar 22, 2008
    I know what you mean about sky digital,but at least it means you'll have more to watch on Tuesday so enjoy p.s. after you've done all your coursework of course

csino1fan

[13]Mar 24, 2008
    Yep more to look forward to

Finished some coursework i will do a bit tomorrow and then as a reward it will treat myself to...csi and shameless ahh gonna be a fun night!

csino1fan

[14]Mar 25, 2008
    Hahah Loved the channel 4 epsiode!!!

Likeing the one at the moment "CSI: Chatsworth!!" hahaha only like 9 mins in though!

POTTYLISA

[15]Mar 26, 2008
    Can you believe last night's e4 episode, they said a shocking secret would be revealed and boy they weren't Joking,I really didn't see that one coming.And who was it said the drama had gone from Shameless,The Maguires were really funny once again last night but I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as last week.Still my favourite British Show though and I will really miss it in 2 weeks when this series comes to an end.Wonder what they'll do for finale this time,anyway must go before I'm late for work unlike some lucky people still on holiday,enjoy your day.

csino1fan

[16]Mar 26, 2008
    Yes it wasnt as good as last week!

And still my fave British Drama to! It ends in 2 weeks!!! They best have a really good plot for the finale, maybe a suprising return of one of the characters?

Haha, i am enjoying my holiday. Although workfilled its enjoyable!. Enjoy your week

csino1fan

[17]Apr 1, 2008
    This episode picked up! I loved the "Happy days" line from Frank

"You pissed on a rape victim?!?!" - another brillient line

Great overall plot, hilarious episode

(the E4 one that is)

verbaldaggers

[18]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think the first two season of shameless are by far the best. But that dosn't mean I dont enjoy the new seasons the show is still amazing.

emopirategirl

[19]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 4

I think that the last few seasons have been more about the comedy factor, rather than what the show was originally all about. For example, the episode where Frank had a bad E and spent the entire episode in Debbie's bedroom cupboard. That's not something that would have happened in the earlier seasons, as they were far more serious.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy the current seasons, of course.

POTTYLISA

[20]Apr 3, 2008
    csino1fan wrote:
    This episode picked up! I loved the "Happy days" line from Frank "You pissed on a rape victim?!?!" - another brillient line Great overall plot, hilarious episode (the E4 one that is)
    Yeah I really enjoyed this episode too, one of the best this series I reckon.Can't believe it's all over next week though it's gone so fast.