A Shameless Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on Showtime

Showtime's dysfunctional family drama Shameless is in the middle of one of its best seasons yet, with Sunday's "Iron City"—in which Fiona spent some painful time in county jail—coming in as one of the series' best episodes to date. Perhaps as a reward for Fiona and the rest of the family's really good bad behavior, the network has renewed Shameless for Season 5, which will run for 12 episodes and debut in 2015. But the Gallaghers aren't the only ones who received good news today: Shameless's Sunday-night dark comedy companion House of Lies has also been renewed, for Season 4. Both shows air alongside the Matt LeBlanc-starring Episodes, which was renewed for Season 4 back in December

Despite boasting several critically praised performances, especially by Emmy Rossum (who plays Fiona, the eldest Gallagher daughter), Shameless has yet to really receive earn the kind of ratings (or awards show love) it deserves, but the numbers have slowly been rising in Season 4. Shameless is currently averaging 5.5 million viewers across all viewing platforms, which is an 8 percent increase over Season 3. House of Lies, which stars Kristen Bell and Don Cheadle as management consultants who will say whatever they have to say to swindle their clients out of fat stacks of cash, is holding steady at 3 million viewers a week.

Are you excited for more Shameless and House of Lies?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 12

Next Episode

AIRS ON 10/2/2016

Season 7 : Episode 1

34 Comments
Comments (34)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
we love shameless,house of lies and episodes all three. they are the reason we have showtime.
Flag
Never miss either one of those shows on Sunday.

In my book, they are both superior than the highly overrated Girls. Hell, Episodes is better than that ridiculous chickfest!
Flag
Great News for Shameless. One of my favorite on TV now. I am getting quite bored with House of Lies. I really liked the cast but the stories are getting old. I have yet to move beyond episode 3 of this season.
Flag
Great news it is! Can't wait for more Shameless! Wish they have more episodes per season!
Flag
Shameless is another reason to stay away from that area of the US!
Flag
Congrats to Shameless. I've never watched the US version, but have frequently and continuously heard nothing but praise about it from many users here at tv.com, and it's now fast moving up my list of shows to catch up on. This news only gives me even more reason.
Flag
House of Lies!
Flag
Good news everyone!
Flag
So happy to see more Shameless! House of Lies went pretty far downhill in season 2, but they've been coming back really strong in this new season, AND they brought back Marty's freeze-frame moments, arguable the greatest part of the entire series!
Flag
Shameless is one of the best shows on TV period, even though I don't like some of their storylines lately, so I'm not too surprised it's renewed... could care less about House of Lies, I kept trying to like it but the only redeeming aspect was more Kristen Bell in my life.
Flag
Yay Shameless!! Seriously underrated show that deserves each renewal it receives. House of Lies I fell off of during season 2, but I'm happy its back I enjoy both leads
Flag
Hooray for House of Lies!!! Hooray for Shameless!! Hooray for Episodes!
In THAT order.
Flag
I was getting Paranoid that Season 4 was going to be the shows last from what's been happening on the show. So glad they renewed it. I've only seen the first season of House of Lies on Netflix and thought it was trying to be like Californication in tone and not as good. Does it get better in the later seasons??
Flag
Shameless has gotten better and better with each passing season (and it started out really, really good). I'm very happy it's being renewed.
Flag
I'm really exciting about Shameless being renewed for another season. Emmy Rossum deserves an award for her acting
Flag
I'm more excited for Shameless. Frankly I think that House of Lies isn't as good a show, I skip it completely.
Flag
Great news about Shameless. One of the most consistently good shows for the last 4 years.
Flag
I literally came online to type in google to see if house of lies will get renewed and boom.. it has. fun show that doesnt take it self seriously
Flag
Shameless!!!
Flag
'Shameless' and 'Episodes' have been on fire - both exceptionally fantastic - this year - "House of Lies" is still the same incredibly insulting and degrading to females piece of dog sh1t it has been since its premiere. Don Cheadle must have a lot of friends to get nominated for that excrement. Who wants to watch a show where every single main character is completely vile?

If this season doesn't get Ms. Rossum noticed for an Emmy then they can just continue giving their Best Actress award to actresses in completely stereotypical female parts you've seen a million times on TV 'like Robin Wright!' and leaving the real heavyweight female performances unacknowledged. We 'Shameless' fans can heartily agree that Emmy Rossum rules.) How the hell do more people watch 'Walking Dead' than 'Shameless'? I think the twins Blake/Brennan Johnson (Liam the most awesome Gallagher) are better actors already than Chandler Riggs (Carl Grimes) will ever be. (We won't even embarrass him and compare his performance to those in 'Shameless' closer to his age group Emma Kenney and Ethan Cutkosky.)

Flag
"Who wants to watch a show where every single main character is completely vile?"

*looks around, raises hand*

I feel weird arguing with you cos Whedon is my master but I mean, I don't get why shows have to have characters you would like in real life? Then again I love Pete Campbell so maybe I'm demented?
Flag
If you can stomach pure trash like 'HoL' then more power to you. Kristen Bell got famous playing a great, fully fleshed out, female character and now she's playing a stereotypical 'female business woman' character who has slept her way to the top of her profession. Nothing more than a bad dated TV cliché from a writers room filled primarily with men - that's taking a step backward in your career.
Flag
I'm kind of a similar opinion. There are plenty of characters out there that people love, that you would never like in real life. Just look at House of Cards. Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) has done some pretty horrific things to get to where he is, but I still can't help but root for him.
Flag
Staff
Shameless is definitely having its finest season yet. Deserves to be renewed for TWO more seasons.
Flag
I never thought House of Lies would make it this far. Maybe I don't destroy everything I love after all.
Flag
So true - It seemed to get no critical acclaim and so-so ratings but I am over the moon as I love the show esp Don Cheadle and 'Veronica Mars'
Flag
Shameless, House of Lies and Episodes is a terrific line-up. IMO the best one Showtime has. Although I do love Masters of Sex.
Flag
Hurray!
And now those Emmys!
Flag
So happy about Shameless, one of the best shows on TV.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members