Shameless Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

I think I may have found my new TV obsession.

alecs777

[1]Jan 9, 2011
    • level: 11

The show is fantastic. It's hysterical, funny and actually finds room for some serious drama. I don't necessarily care that it is a remake since I've never watched the UK version and I woudn't have either way (I mean, 8 seasons? Who the fuk has time for that?). Haters gonna hate, the same way I am gonna hate on the Skins USremake. But I won't watch the Skinsremake anyway. I don't even know if I'm gonna keep watching the UK one cause I dreaded season 4. Anyways, back to Shameless. The actors are fantastic and the I'm in love with some of the characters already. Fiona is the lead apparently and rightfully so. Emmy Rossum plays her perfectly and she's the most caring of the family. Don't really care that much for Frank but I do agree the actor, William H. Macy, is mesmerizing.

But I really love the two brothers, Ian (Cameron Monaghan) and Lip (Jeremy Allen White). They are probably the closest duo of the family and they are really smart, especially Lip. And Ian, can you blame him? Google Pej Vahdat, who plays Kash. He is like so super hot. (Btw, you might have seen him on Bones as one of the squints. He's the muslim guy.) What else? The neighbors, I love, especially Veronica and Steve is a nice addition. We did get a few glimps of Sheila, the mother of Lip's friend, played by Joan Cusack, and I was genuinely impressed by her too. Cannot wait to see more of this show!

Edited on 01/09/2011 1:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wantangbob

[2]Jan 11, 2011
    • level: 2
    The script is pretty much a word for word replica of the UK version. It's almost as though someone has gone to the copier.

Gotta admit, it wasn't too bad, but for some reason the comedic element of the original was somewhat lacking. Fingers crossed the next episode picks things up a bit more, as the UK version of it is one of my favourites.

Also, can't wait to see the Maguires, I think that the guy playing Mickey in the original is one of the best young actors I've seen in a while. His coming to terms with his sexuality in such a brutal family is portrayed beautifully

TeaCake911

[3]Jan 11, 2011
    • level: 6
    In the original, is Frank always given such short screen time?? It's hilarious how the series starts with Frank acting like a big shot, then the premiere ends with the entire family literally ignoring him as he's laying passed out on the kitchen floor!!

wantangbob

[4]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 2

Kind of, to begin with it started with focus on Fiona and Steve, but in time (this series) the relationship between Frank and Sheila progresses. Don't forget, this pilot episode is a remake of a British pilot episode. There is a reason why it is still a major draw in it's 8th series in the UK. Nowadays the UK doesn't stand for crap television.

KamakaLo

[5]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 22
    I like it a lot and the 2nd ep was even better than the pilot. I hope it continues to be good, gets decent ratings and showtime keeps it.

ObsidianAlpha

[6]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 1
    I've watched all 8 seasons of the british version, and going by the list of shows you do watch, do yourself a favour and make time.
    Saw the first two episodes of the US version, and its good but mostly due to it being on Showtime who aren't afraid to do something edgy and unsanitised.
    I'm trying not to compare the two shows , but if you've seen both you will.
    Frank is a philosipher, a man of the people who is passionate about his philosiphy, that its a god given right for every man to party his ass off in spite of the objections of church and state, and he does it with a style all his own. Episode two left off Franks introduction speech/rant, maybe to try to differentiate between the two shows, but its a good place to start the show from, and leaving this out was a mistake. Glad they didn't f**k it up

WendyWilliams10

[7]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 1
    I haven't watched the UK version but from I hear, they have started to divert from the original script this season.

Edie70

[8]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 19
    I have never seen the UK version. But I love this one just watched 2.09 a few minutes ago and I still have 2 more to catch up on, cannot wait looking forward to the season finale on Sunday.

qtwanderer

[9]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 27
    I thought the same thing, even with Weeds but now kinda like Weeds its starting to do a bit much. And when a show does too much, it looses its thrill and becomes so unrealistic, I can't watch. Granted its a tv show I do like some realism in the show but it feels like the show will just keep doing something crazier and crazier to outdo its last episode. Not that I'm saying I dislike the show completely or its a bad show. Just that this cup of tea is becoming too cold for me that I may just pour it out and hope another pot is made. But I will watch season 3 just to make sure I'm still interested, mainly cause this is alot better than most shows that are currently on. Thats not saying much for tv >_>

Edie70

[10]May 11, 2012
    • level: 19
    Well, yeah. I still think Weeds lost it mojo in season 4, but the last two were quite good.