Shameless Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeBetween Seasons

Very surprised about the lack of interest on the forums here

tkeep13

[1]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 1

I found the series to be highly entertaining and was surprised there was so little action on the forums here or really anywhere for that matter. Is it because it is viewed as inferior to the original series by so many people?, just not caught on yet?, or maybe I just can not judge what is a good show or not.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TylerA46

[2]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 11

I don't watch the original, it can't be better. This is perfectly made... There is not much to talk about though. The show entertains for an hour, but it doesn't give anything extra to think about during the week, that's why no comments.

dr150

[3]May 13, 2011
    • level: 2
    It's a VERY good show.

I think the volume of posts on these boards on this website are weak and doesn't represent ANY shows true fan interest (aside of the 20+ million viewer shows).

ImpalaFan

[4]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 3

Well, I must say I'm surprised by the lack to posts on this forum too. This is my new FAVORITE show. A friend told me about it a few weeks ago, so I watched all of Season 1 "on demand" to get caught up and am totally hooked. It's satirical in a way (intentionally) but also contains a lot of truths as far as family dynamics. I think all the characters are great

WendyWilliams10

[5]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 1
    Very as it is one of the best shows on Television right now.

I am a member of another small board, there is some interest but it is still not as active as you'd think a show like this one will generate

Edie70

[6]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 19
    Well, this is not a surprise to me since it is a racy and genius cable show not that many viewers can appreciate something as unique as this show so they just watch their usual stuff NCIS.

showinuse9

[7]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 11
    i just watched it through the first 2 seasons. im thinking people don't comment cause the characters aren't really likeable. and also people dont know how to comment. people on these forums wouldn't really understand what its like to scrap by and to do whatever it takes. i think when people are expecting characters to do good but then a charaacter like frank always does the worst when you think he'll step up is something that turns people off to discussing.

mattgus

[8]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 14
    i use to vivit the forum all the time. in the last yr this site has had a drop in participation with them or domething..and on alot of the shows,not just a couple...????

cuculhain

[9]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 8

they change the layout of the site, and everything dropped off after that. the forums use to include comments from right after the show aired. now there is a TV.com review that can show up hours afterward, and comments that were written before are not included, so it seems like 2 discussions when it is actually just bad planning. when I realized I had to click 2 discussions to find the thread I was interested in, I started to look to other sites too.

Having said that, Shameless has only gotten better as far as I'm concerned, and if it seems the site is quiet about it, the ratings aren't so that's a good thing.

mattgus

[10]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 14
    i use to be on tv.com all the time...in the last year for some reason all the shows i watch and posted on routinely have seemed to have lost interest from it's members. i don't know why or if it is just a coincidence that they are shows i watch,but i don't think so??? and i would like it to return,it was fun,but now i just visit very seldom...this is not the 1st show i have seen other members mentioning this...and this is such a great show and would be fun to talk about..espsince it does not attract just anyone...i'm not worried about shamless,i think it is ok...it's the site...i get emails from other sites i visit but not tv.com..isn't it owned by cbs...maybe it isn't that important to them as it is to a more grassroot site????i really don't know. if there was a way for the members to spread the word in a efficient way?

cuculhain

[11]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 8

again, I agree. but as I said in the last post to this discussion, the new format doesn't connect reviews or discussions like it use to. I is 3:25 am eastern, 5 hours after the latest episode aired, and no tv.com review is up, so any review or comment you would make is going to be thrown to the side once they finally put "their " review up and that starts a new and more important discussion. And for me the kicker is I like to read the review of their writers and staff, they are not just funny and intelligent, but they really add to any conversation . i.e I am one of the nutjobs who was obsessing over Ted marrying Barney's sister in HIMYM, and while the reviewer/s didnt always agree with it, once it was debunked, they didnt jump all over us like we were primates who were lucky to own a keyboard. So I don't mind their reviews being put as a starting point, but they should add any reviews that came in before theirs were posted to the same stream, so others scan scan through them too. But the new format doesnt allow it.

And lately they have been adding banners that go above your personalized notifications. really annoying.