Shameless

Sunday 9:00 PM on Showtime Premiered Jan 09, 2011 In Season

anbis82

Shameless Fan Reviews (31)

• Shameless US or UK

I have literally watched every episode of the UK version of Shameless and though many of the seasons have been brillaint, the newer seasons have been missing the gritty edge and inticing storylines it once had.

I never expected to like the US version however as in my mind the characters could never be replaced by other actors. Although the man who plays Frank in my terms completely kills the character of Frank they are many good things about this re-make. The actress who plays Fiona is so much better than the originial and really makes the show, let's hope her character stays in longer than in the uk show. Other chracters which have been potrayed brillaintly are Veronica and kevin, in the UK show I never really liked or got them but the actress and actor behind the US make their characters far more interesting and Sheila is just as amazing in the US as the UK really hard to decide which actress plays her better to be honest.

However such characters as: Karen, Debbie, Carl, Lip, Ian, Monica, Monica's lesbian lover who I can't quite remember the name and the Macguire family wannabe's are just plain awful. Lip plays an unbelieveable womaniser in the show which is far from Jody Latham's potrayal, Debbie is just far too plain and Karen is just a shipwreck.

SHO