Shark Tank Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

How do you apply for Shark Tank?

equi-spirit

[1]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 1

How does one apply for Shark Tank. It is quite the intriguing show and we have an awesome product. Thanks.

Naturally,

Lisa

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rzemar

[2]Aug 31, 2009

Dear Sirs,

I have a new product that I have a patent on and I am presently selling. I would like to present it to the Sharks for their input and hopfully they would be interested in further Marketing and sales. My product is a Solar Flag Light to illuminate the American Flag at night. My product is called" The Liberty Light" It is solar powered with a solar panel that charges 3x1500mAh Ni-MH batteries during the day and a sensor that turns the 60 lux Output light on at dusk and lights the Flag. It can last up to 12 full hours. This is a very efficent way to light the flag. Please let me know if this product could be seen by the Sharks so I can get help with mass distribuation.

Sincerly

Ray Zemar

kravitzfan12

[3]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 34
    Hi guys! Below is the link to the application for Shark Tank. Just read over the disclaimer and then email the following info to SharkTankCasting@yahoo.com:

Name, Age, Contact Info, Recent Photo of Yourself, NON-CONFIDENTIAL Description of Product / Company.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank/casting

equi-spirit

[4]Sep 2, 2009
    Thanks so much for the info. NONCONFIDENTIAL, huh. That I might not be comfortable with. They are sharks, aren't they??

cherose228

[6]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    Hi, all:

You can send them an Executive Summary of your company and the product that you're pitching. That gives all the information that they want, and it doesn't give enough information about the inner workings of the product to do anything other than give an overview.

My wife and I submitted 3 weeks ago, and we haven't heard a word. GOT to wonder just how very many requests these people get. Hundreds of thousands, no doubt . . .

bergerodrigue

[7]Sep 28, 2009

We have a new product, which we designed and are having manufactured. It is patented by us. It is a Chaise Lounge Repair Kit, an alternate "fix" for the sagging vinyl strap problem. It will extend the life of a chaise lounge or patio chair up to 10 years. And it will keep the discarded chaise lounges and patio chairs out of our landfills, a growing problem. We have the material supply and production all set. We need some help in the Marketing area. This is a very large, undeveloped market, waiting to be tapped.

What do you need from us to decide if our product would be a good fit for your "Sharks"?

Bill Wilderman/Jacques Rodrique

J&W Partners LLC

Las Vegas, NV 89146

jwpartnersllc@cox.net

702-809-4922

kravitzfan12

[8]Sep 28, 2009
    bergerodrigue:

Please see the link below to submit your information:

NevaGlindo

[9]Nov 11, 2009
    You can go to this site if you want to apply http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank/casting or if you want to learn more about Shark Tank you can also visit this site http://www.SharkTankTVShow.com , goodluck! I'll just wait for your pitch next season.

clancy14

[10]Nov 23, 2009
    Hey you guy that are thinking of applying for shark tank if you already havn't watch the clips on youtube you try and help you out. Oh and make sure you have a good amount of sales or O'Leary will tear you apart.

DariceStricklan

[11]Dec 4, 2009

HELLO TO WHOEVER IS JUDGING THIS AS AN APPLICATION:

I THOUGHT OF A WONDERFUL PET PRODUCT FOR CATS 25 YEARS AGO. I TURNED 69 RECENTLY AND DECIDED TO REALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT SO I HAVE A PROTOTYPE MADE AND INSTALLED AND IT IS WORKING LIKE A CHARM AND IS THE ANSWER TO ALL CAT OWNERS WHO HATE A LITTER BOX. A LITTER BOX IS THE ONLY HOLD UP ON A CAT BEING A PERFECT PET. THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN VOTED THE MOST POPULAR PET FOR PET LOVERS BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TO TAKE CARE OF AND ARE MYSTERIOUS AND FUNNY FRIEND. I MADE A DEAL WITH A LOCAL ANIMAL SHOP TO RENT A KITTEN FOR A DAY AT A TIME BECAUSE PETS WEREN'T ALLOWED IN THE PLACE WHERE I LIVED. THE FIRST TIME I TOOK THIS KITTEN TO MY APARTMENT I FULLY INTENDED TO RETURN HIM THAT AFTERNOON. I FELL IN LOVE AND TOLD MY FAMILY THAT IF I REFERRED TO HIM AT ANY TIME I WOULD REFER TO HIM AS MY COMPANY. I GOT CAUGHT BY THE FILTER CHANGER MAN AND WAS TOLD TO GET RID OF HIM OR MOVE. I MOVED AND GOT A PRESCRIPTION FOR A CAT FOR MY NERVES SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY A HUGE DEPOSIT. HIS NAME IS "COMPANY" AND HE IS FOUR YEARS OLD AND USES MY INVENTION AS ARE TWO OF MY SISTERS CATS. THERE IS NO SCENT OF CAT AT ALL. IT IS EASY TO INSTALL AND THE ACCLIMATION TIME FOR THE CAT FROM HIS USUAL SMELLY LITTER BOX WAS VERY SHORT....I 1/2 DAYS. IT IS CALLED "THE INSIDE OUTHOUSE" AND WILL BE A REVOLUTION FOR CAT LOVERS NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE. ALL WHO SEE IT ARE AMAZED AT THE SIMPLICITY OF THE PRODUCT. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ON SHARK TANK TO GET THE INSIDE OUTHOUSE OUT TO PET STORES OR A PET "COMPANY". IT WILL BE A REVOLUTION. I HAVEN'T HAD THE MONEY TO MOVE FURTHER THAN HAVING A PROTOTYPE MADE BY MY GENIOUS BROTHER-IN-LAW BECAUSE I'M ON SOCIAL SECURITY. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOKE BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY IT ISN'T AND I WOULD LIKE TO PROVE MY PRODUCT'S POSSIBLIES. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD A PATENT AND I KNOW THIS IS SCARY BUT I'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING NOW OR FORGET IT. PLEASE BE REAL AND NOT ANOTHER OF THE FAKES THAT HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF SOME OF MY IDEAS IN MY PAST. THIS LATE IN MY LIFE I WANT TO DO SOMETHING AND NOW. CATS OWNERS EVERYWHERE WILL LOVE ME AND APPRECIATE THEIR CAT MORE THAN EVER FOR NOT HAVING SUCH A TERRIBLE ODOR. THIS INVENTION COMPLETELY ELIMINATES THE PROBLEM.

DARICE STRICKLAND......daricestrickland@att.net......1-580-332=4116 or 1330 Nadine Drive in Ada, OK. 74820. THANK YOU.

I

Edited on 12/04/2009 8:10am

kravitzfan12

[12]Dec 20, 2009
    DariceStricklan:

Please take your post and submit it to the link listed below. Nobody at this website is able to process your information.

netgoddess

[13]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    It's kind of odd how people are replying to this thread as if it has some sort of real access to the show. This is just a forum for discussing the show, so it's great that you have an idea, but if you actually want to get on the show posting here is not the right place to do that.

loldude1

[14]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 10
    It might be odd but it is still a smart move, because it is getting the product 'in the air' with hope that it will get 'on the air' A good friend of mine also has a product that he intends on pitching to the sharks, it's Armis, it can be viewed at www.ArmisGame.com

stevenpryor

[15]May 16, 2011

i have invented the wonder door for small animals. it is for sliding glass doors and you do not lost any heat or air. it is great for patios or someone with fence yards. i would like to show you my invention. thank you steven pryor

saggerswag

[16]Sep 14, 2011
    I have my own clothing design called Sagger Swag and i also have it patent with the patent office.I have my design on facebook or i could email them to you.What it is I know you get tired of seeing the young people showing their underwear so i came up with this design where they could have the look without sagging.I took a pair of boxer and a pair of shorts and sewed them onto the same type of pants and called it sagger swag.I have been to several schools and all the kids love the idea and said they would wear my design.I am 45 years old my number is 404-391-5749 my company is called Sagger Swag By Emery

dpm1622

[17]Jan 28, 2012

Will someone please answer how one goes about submitting an idea to Shark Tank?

D. P. Mc Intyre

dpm1622

[18]Jan 28, 2012

Does anyone read the messages and answer the questions? How does one go about applying for Shark Tank?

Traqqer7777

[19]May 11, 2012
    Not sure, but how to get on the show, but here are some tips on how to prepare for it:

http://sharktankreport.com/?p=102