Shark Tank

Friday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Aug 09, 2009 In Season

Shark Tank Fan Reviews (35)

7.6
  • Unprofessional and disrespectful most of the time

A professional who makes an offer does not withdraw it 30 seconds later. When you make an offer and you bully the person into accepting it before hearing other offers or prevent them in discussing it in the backroom, it becomes bullying. One person on both Shark Tank and Dragon's Den shows psychopathic traits and is extremely disrespectful to many people. Both of these shows are representative of today's society where bullies, narcissists, sociopaths, and psychopaths rule in Canadian institutions to the point where many of these institutions have become corrupt. I find the products entertaining but many of your sharks or dragons set a bad example. Greed and envy are two deadly sins. Also, these people came up with an idea and created and it is selling in stores and you want 50% of their business? Yes, you are bringing your expertise but it is their baby, they don't have to give you 50%. That is absolute greed. I love it when people like Brent (spelling?) gives his money away or invests in something green. I think that Brent is the most professional and respectful of all these investors. Please drop the arrogance. You guys got lucky to get where you are today. Others have tried and have not been lucky. Be thankful that you have a good life but stop spitting on people. You are not special or the second coming of Christ, you got lucky. Be nice to people who are struggling and stop making fun of people on national TV.
  • I like the product...

I want the sprinkler system shut off tool for the house. Fire man .
  • Great show

This is one of my favorite shows. The arguing between the sharks is the best part. I also like the set up. Walk out of an elevator and hope you can get them will invest in your business . With the thousands of entrepreneurs out there and Kevin's mean attitude,this show could not get any better

10/10
  • Episode with BarkEm's to 6-9-2013

I love the show but sometimes they miss products that could be a hit. Robert should have picked up on "BarkEm's to go" especially since he understood the concept of the product. This product I would love to see on the shelves! I would definitely buy it since I take my dog out to the park, etc. and need water, food, & treat in a disposable container - no cleanup!!! Rethink that one sharks!!!
  • mcuban

mark cuban is the only shark with a heart. he has helped many people with simple ideas who will employ veterans and several unemployed people. . thank you Mark!
  • Shark Tank producer requires 5% ownership of each company plus 2% of sales if you get funding or not.

GREAT SHOW- But viewers are not seeing the best of American innovation due the backroom deals the producers requiring an additional 5% ownership of each company plus 2% of sales, if you get funding or not.

The show would attract better companies and result in a much better show if they the Shark Tank producer was not so greedy.

No real company would take that deal as it would be a ball-n-chain around any companies neck.
  • A great new show that is both interesting and suspenseful. Something that will raise the quality of ABC.

I have fallen in love with this show. The constant arguing between the sharks makes it worthwhile. The set up of the show is great, walk out of the elevator and hope you can persuade this panel to invest in you.

This show has got potential written all over it. With the limitless number of enterprisers in the country and the limitless rudeness and meanness of Kevin O. (I'm sorry, but he kind of is mean). This show could not get any better.

I recommend this show to anyone who works in an office, who loves seeing people’s dreams get hurt, or if you just like money.
  • The idea of bobbleheads is cute but not worth investing, because in my own opinion it's a novelty item.

This episode includes the Bobbleheads business, the ipod casing, the Uro Club which is a bit of a funny but useful invention and the online athletes database where colleges who wants to get athletes to join their team can register and view the profiles of students and their track records.

In this season the sharks already invested a total of $4,410,000, it's alot of money... and this show already helped lots of small entrepreneurs in making their dreams come true. I hope that they continue supporting small businessmen and women by providing them financial support and expertise. Aside from that, the show also gives people tips on how to run their businesses wisely and encourages people to come out and show the crowd their inventions and make money from it.
  • Robert Herjavec <3

Love Robert, he's the only one who's polite and it's funny sometimes to hear the other sharks get snarky and sarcastic, sometimes it's just plain awkward to watch.

And Imbowman, this woman knew almost no numbers for her business. What do you want the sharks to do, give her $ before having the basic facts about her business? Everyone who goes into the tank is expected to know their basic financials. And I can't believe you're playing the race card - they would have done the same thing to a white man. If anything, they were nicer to her because she was so sweet.
  • Cool show

Overall this show is good. Lots of fun new inventions. The judges could start being nicer.
  • These guys need VC -- 'RoboRoach,' Seeks $10,000 On Kickstarter

Remote-Controlled Roach Project, 'RoboRoach,' Seeks $10,000 On Kickstarter

A new Kickstarter campaign asks for $10,000 in donations for a project called RoboRoach, which offers cell phone users the chance to "control the movements of a live cockroach from [their] own mobile

• Business Meets Thinkers

Some of the ideas are really great... lots of inventors who lack or thrive with passion for their ideas... the hosts are very stern... this all sums up to be an interesting show for me. I learned some things from here!
  • Mr Wonderful has a new (knew) nick.. Mr PROPRIETARY.

The show is right interesting. At least one Shark and/or applicant couldwith an Am or should produce a program that teaches one how to present ones self.

I just suffered through an idiot that insisted she quit her SENIOR YEAR of Law School to produce "dog slings" (which BTW had a 500% markup).

REGARDLESS, This undereducated monkey ended EVER SENTENCE WITH A QUESTION MARK???

At what point does the 'valley girl 80's' drop off the map?? ? ?

This Nimrod wasn't even born in the 80's.

Perhaps Kim Kardashian North is her role perfect example of the decay of America. to identify myself/show my passport. To travel with an American passport is to take a southern accent to the Bronx.

Sharks. Would you invest?

Is 'educating social idiots' marketable?

If not consider me an expatriate.

In conclusion; I've been robbed BIG-TIME TWICE (well much more than that but the innovative million dollar inventions are still painful).

In 1977 I invented microwave . In 1988 I invented the 'thermo patch' as I presented my prototype at the Government patent office they were loading everything in the office out the back door into a huge unmarked truck (sure, I'm a trusting, fool, idiot). The 'agent/representative' asked me about 30 times; "What do you plan to do with this?". No answer was the right . He took my prototype, patent search and application with a shake of his head and told me not to get my hopes up.

I spent many years trying to find that con.

Seven years and one day later my thermo patch was advertised on television.

If or when I bring another household invention to the table (apparently I'm good at made MANY millionaires) and choose to take it to the Sharks (Hello, why'd ya s'pose they're called SHARKS?!?) My one and only stipulation is this: "Mr. (Proprietary) wonderful, ugh, will not be able to bid or speak for I wouldn't work with that slime if my children were hungry.

It reflects, from time to time, the progress of prior inventors and what they've accomplished with their Shark.

Ever seen one with Mr. Poisonous?
  • pretzel business

Lol Mr wonderful when a gay men couple was trying to get help for tea he said HELL YEAH but today he said no to a mother making pretzel because it's too common like tea aint common? She clearly had a good business but u say no and yeah to some f##in tea, Mr wonderful I rock wit you but sometimes you talk for no reason
  • Sports Bras for Women Idea

Kevin has it wrong, a good sports bra is needed for Women.
  • Choice of Sharks

Get rid of Daymon...he brings nothing to the show. He appears blaze and tries to demonstrate he is over and above things. Never has genuine nor realistic offers or valuable, constructive comments to investors.
  • I do not recall ever seeing any person that is trying to get help over the age of "60".

Could it be they are too smart to give up 5 percent of their business or a 2 percent royalty, to the show's producers and ABC, this is in addition to the cut the sharks take.
  • Fire the Commentator!

To the producers: Please, fire the commentator. His insidious, shallow remarks disrupt the flow of the show. Each time he describes something we can clearly see, . "Mark covers his eyes", it's like hearing nails scraping on a blackboard. Get rid of this guy (or at least this element of the show), please.
  • The whole concept of the show.

I am getting tired of these million/billionaires turning down people with good "ideas" because they haven't made a ton of money yet. This is'nt about buying stocks, is it? This show would be so much more exciting if it would be for common folks with great ideas looking for "help" with their business. Distribution, advertisement, TV spots... and yes ... money. The show on 09/12/2013 was better! The deal made at the end with the homeless people pitching their dance/excersize idea. The guy who pitched the "Interchangable Bikini" idea was right when he started give it to the sharks about starting out just like all of them had, and asking for some help. If this new season does not have a different structure to it.... "I'm out"!!!
  • The latest episode

The guy with the mission belt is lying through his teeth. I have been buying ratchet belts from a company in Washington state for the last four years.

I can't believe no one researched that before the show aired.
  • LOVE THE

4.5
    I love watching the Shark Tank. Would even like to invest in a few companies. Starting to get really tired though, the sharks are just getting to nasty to the people. We have all worked hard to get where we are today, but wouldn't it be a better show if the treated the people like humans. Mark used to be really decent but tonight was acting like he is too good for the little people. Don't waste a good show or you will be "as mr. wonderful says" TOTALLY FORGOTTEN
  • I like it but...........

4.5
    It appears that all the shows are taped at once..

Is this true ? Barbara has the same necklace on in all episodes

The guys have the same clothes
  • Unimformed/ Billy Blank/Zumba/Dance with me

I have been a dancer for nearly 30 yrs I have studied with many famous teachers & dancers. I danced with ballet, contemporary & modern dance companies. Mark & Damian, don't understand something about Zumba, dancers who have worked for years to be where they are, & have the bodies, talent & knowledge beyond even what this young man had, have little respect for something like Zumba that deminishes the art form & training o f real dancers. These programs are big business. There are studios all over America that can't survive as programs like this tell people it takes nothing to become a dancer. My heart ached for that young man, as he didn't want to say, how he really feels about the entire industry of Zumba. these people who care more about what they are wearing, Who walk into studios disrupt real classes & look down their noses at people who have dedicated their entire lives to something which is being destroyed by TV & populat culture
  • American Version of an already successful series known as Dragons' Den in many other countries.

This show bastardizes any interesting features the originals had. While the UK version discusses actual business talk, such as turnover and future profits, this show focuses on personal anecdotes, damsels in distress in the business world. Shark Tank, a horrible name, fails to invoke the dramatic flair of Dragons’ Den. The lighting and the set are unsympathetic to the business atmosphere. The contestants on the show are poorly selected. Few have any business acumen... one even attempted to make a joke “this is shark tank, not bunny tank,� leaving viewers jump up and exclaim that bunnies, unfortunately, are not amphibious.
  • No Fair!!

2.5
    I love watching the Shark Tank. I have been watching for a long time. Mark, Barbara & Lori are my favorite sharks because of their human nature & understanding of how hard it is to get started in the business. However, it seems that recently, all of the sharks have been getting nastier & nastier by the episode. They seem tired, annoyed and are only looking for the most polished and well versed contestants. However, as a public (amateur) viewer I was extremely disappointed to watch how Mark & Lori chew the poor guy up, that invented the wine balloon. I don't think they gave him time to even process what was being presented to him. Mark & Lori originally offered the guy $600K for 100% of acquisition and within 30 seconds, Mark backed out and then 30 seconds later Mark decided to be back in the deal with Lori but this time - for only $400K. The poor guy should of walked away from that deal - to show them that his idea was worth more than $400K.

Both Mark & Lori will probably go on to make millions from this awesome product. This behavior is something that I would have expected from Mr. Wonderful but not from them. They are usually better balanced when playing the "Good Shark - Bad Shark" way. This time the nicer sharks were down right greedy and very ugly. What a shame and definitely - NOT FAIR!! I think it might be time to clean out the shark tank out and get newer (more compassionate) sharks in.
  • Not Such a Happy Valentine's Day for Black American Female Contestant

2.5
    The episode of Shark Tank that aired on 2/15/13, bordered on racism. A young African American female contestant presented her business and asked for the financial help from the Sharks. When the contestant did not have the financial information that was asked for, the three white male Sharks berated her with insults. They used words like "ignorant" and alluded to how she was unprepared. Their tone, body language, and words suggested that she was not "worthy" to come before them.

Mr. John, the one African American shark simply said that he was out. Although he did not add to the beratement, he did nothing to change the hostile atmosphere. However, Barbara Corcoran saved the day; she lessened the hostile atmosphere by being respectful and sympathetic.

Ms. Corcoran gave the contestant valuable advice and shared with her that she too was not a financial wizard.

I suggest that all the Sharks see the contestants as new entrepreneurs who need guidance and not treat anyone as they have no business or right to be on the show. They are there to learn and not be put down. I hope that the contestant who was the victim of this treatment will go on to develop and progress with her business. I also hope that other potential contestants, especially minorities, will not be discouraged by the actions which occurred in this episode.

• bedhead

1.5
    I just watched the episode with the product " While I admit this is not the best invention ever, I see no reason why the sharks have to make fun of the guy and laugh at him. In my opinion this is cruel. For that reason I'm out!
  • Such a GREAT show that has gone SO DOWN Hill!!!!!

1.5
    This was such a awesome show my husband and I looked forward to every week since season 1. It was refreshing and such a good show regarding business till it has just turned into another trashy reality show. Such a disappointment thought this was a keeper and so different
  • Bye, bye, baby!

1.5
    I used to LOVE this show for having such an original idea and for veering away from the rest of trashy reality tv. However, the Sharks have just gotten too arrogant and nasty for my taste. It is painful to watch these people being slaughtered by the Sharks each week. Barbara is the only one who remotely treats people like a human being. Call me crazy, but I watch TV to be ENTERTAINED. This has just gotten painful.

PS - Maybe the guests' sales pitches need to be vetted by the producers beforehand to make sure they know their numbers. Why waste everyone's time?
  • Das Kapital-ism

Of all the seedy Reality TV competitions out there, Shark Tank is one of the genre's biggest offenders. Seemingly "inspired" by a Japanese TV show, Shark Tank features wannabe Edisons into convincing a cabal of investors whether or not to bankroll whatever Rube Goldberg gimcrackery they have to offer.

This is the most farcical, if not pathetic Reality TV competition show ever produced. Makes me long for the days of much more urbane fare such as Strike It Rich & Queen For A Day.
< 1 2