Shark Tank

Friday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Aug 09, 2009 In Season

Shark Tank Fan Reviews (37)

7.6
  • producer to get 2% of NET REVENUE? is he on crack?

entrepreneurs who agree to be on 'the shark tank' are asked to sign a contract that would give the producer (mark burnett) 2% of net revenues - in perpetuity! this is a complete joke. first, no entrepreneur with a decent idea that's remotely scalable would ever agree to such terms . . . and second, no investor would ever put money into such an encumbered enterprise. so they're setting up for failure: the only entrepreneurs who would ever agree to such a preposterous structure would be desperate losers - and who wants to watch them?

incidentally, contestants on 'dragons den' did not have to give the producer anything.
  • American Version of an already successful series known as Dragons' Den in many other countries.

This show bastardizes any interesting features the originals had. While the UK version discusses actual business talk, such as turnover and future profits, this show focuses on personal anecdotes, damsels in distress in the business world. Shark Tank, a horrible name, fails to invoke the dramatic flair of Dragons’ Den. The lighting and the set are unsympathetic to the business atmosphere. The contestants on the show are poorly selected. Few have any business acumen... one even attempted to make a joke “this is shark tank, not bunny tank,� leaving viewers jump up and exclaim that bunnies, unfortunately, are not amphibious.
  • A great new show that is both interesting and suspenseful. Something that will raise the quality of ABC.

I have fallen in love with this show. The constant arguing between the sharks makes it worthwhile. The set up of the show is great, walk out of the elevator and hope you can persuade this panel to invest in you.

This show has got potential written all over it. With the limitless number of enterprisers in the country and the limitless rudeness and meanness of Kevin O. (I'm sorry, but he kind of is mean). This show could not get any better.

I recommend this show to anyone who works in an office, who loves seeing people’s dreams get hurt, or if you just like money.
  • The idea of bobbleheads is cute but not worth investing, because in my own opinion it's a novelty item.

This episode includes the Bobbleheads business, the ipod casing, the Uro Club which is a bit of a funny but useful invention and the online athletes database where colleges who wants to get athletes to join their team can register and view the profiles of students and their track records.

In this season the sharks already invested a total of $4,410,000, it's alot of money... and this show already helped lots of small entrepreneurs in making their dreams come true. I hope that they continue supporting small businessmen and women by providing them financial support and expertise. Aside from that, the show also gives people tips on how to run their businesses wisely and encourages people to come out and show the crowd their inventions and make money from it.
  • Choice of Sharks

Get rid of Daymon...he brings nothing to the show. He appears blaze and tries to demonstrate he is over and above things. Never has genuine nor realistic offers or valuable, constructive comments to investors.
  • Shark Tank producer requires 5% ownership of each company plus 2% of sales if you get funding or not.

GREAT SHOW- But viewers are not seeing the best of American innovation due the backroom deals the producers requiring an additional 5% ownership of each company plus 2% of sales, if you get funding or not.

The show would attract better companies and result in a much better show if they the Shark Tank producer was not so greedy.

No real company would take that deal as it would be a ball-n-chain around any companies neck.
  • Business Meets Thinkers

Some of the ideas are really great... lots of inventors who lack or thrive with passion for their ideas... the hosts are very stern... this all sums up to be an interesting show for me. I learned some things from here!
  • your kidding right.

Sharks should be called lamps. One guy claims some products are junk when he sole FUBU clothing garbage that stretch after the first washing, and nobody wears that crap and did he share any profits, now he has another hustle, he on a show getting paid and won't invest unless he's practically stealing the company. The female restate agent won't buy anything at all give me a break, another one on the TV show payroll. The guy who owns a team is young and needs attention. One guy on the show may possess some value. Best for last this guy that got lucky on some toy deal a hundred years ago still has NOT impress me yet. NO MORE WATCHING this crap. If you have money and really know something, you would know helping launch a product is life changing. People like Bill Gates, Oprah, Warren Buffett no bad comments, just lets go do it. My definition of a shark is go after and destroy and let the cards where they lie. Good luck on you contract renewal SHOW SUCKS BAD.
  • Unimformed/ Billy Blank/Zumba/Dance with me

I have been a dancer for nearly 30 yrs I have studied with many famous teachers & dancers. I danced with ballet, contemporary & modern dance companies. Mark & Damian, don't understand something about Zumba, dancers who have worked for years to be where they are, & have the bodies, talent & knowledge beyond even what this young man had, have little respect for something like Zumba that deminishes the art form & training o f real dancers. These programs are big business. There are studios all over America that can't survive as programs like this tell people it takes nothing to become a dancer. My heart ached for that young man, as he didn't want to say, how he really feels about the entire industry of Zumba. these people who care more about what they are wearing, Who walk into studios disrupt real classes & look down their noses at people who have dedicated their entire lives to something which is being destroyed by TV & populat culture
  • mcuban

mark cuban is the only shark with a heart. he has helped many people with simple ideas who will employ veterans and several unemployed people. . thank you Mark!
  • Not Such a Happy Valentine's Day for Black American Female Contestant

2.5
    The episode of Shark Tank that aired on 2/15/13, bordered on racism. A young African American female contestant presented her business and asked for the financial help from the Sharks. When the contestant did not have the financial information that was asked for, the three white male Sharks berated her with insults. They used words like "ignorant" and alluded to how she was unprepared. Their tone, body language, and words suggested that she was not "worthy" to come before them.

Mr. John, the one African American shark simply said that he was out. Although he did not add to the beratement, he did nothing to change the hostile atmosphere. However, Barbara Corcoran saved the day; she lessened the hostile atmosphere by being respectful and sympathetic.

Ms. Corcoran gave the contestant valuable advice and shared with her that she too was not a financial wizard.

I suggest that all the Sharks see the contestants as new entrepreneurs who need guidance and not treat anyone as they have no business or right to be on the show. They are there to learn and not be put down. I hope that the contestant who was the victim of this treatment will go on to develop and progress with her business. I also hope that other potential contestants, especially minorities, will not be discouraged by the actions which occurred in this episode.

• Robert Herjavec <3

Love Robert, he's the only one who's polite and it's funny sometimes to hear the other sharks get snarky and sarcastic, sometimes it's just plain awkward to watch.

And Imbowman, this woman knew almost no numbers for her business. What do you want the sharks to do, give her $ before having the basic facts about her business? Everyone who goes into the tank is expected to know their basic financials. And I can't believe you're playing the race card - they would have done the same thing to a white man. If anything, they were nicer to her because she was so sweet.
  • Bye, bye, baby!

1.5
    I used to LOVE this show for having such an original idea and for veering away from the rest of trashy reality tv. However, the Sharks have just gotten too arrogant and nasty for my taste. It is painful to watch these people being slaughtered by the Sharks each week. Barbara is the only one who remotely treats people like a human being. Call me crazy, but I watch TV to be ENTERTAINED. This has just gotten painful.

PS - Maybe the guests' sales pitches need to be vetted by the producers beforehand to make sure they know their numbers. Why waste everyone's time?
  • The latest episode

The guy with the mission belt is lying through his teeth. I have been buying ratchet belts from a company in Washington state for the last four years.

I can't believe no one researched that before the show aired.
  • Such a GREAT show that has gone SO DOWN Hill!!!!!

1.5
    This was such a awesome show my husband and I looked forward to every week since season 1. It was refreshing and such a good show regarding business till it has just turned into another trashy reality show. Such a disappointment thought this was a keeper and so different
  • I like it but...........

4.5
    It appears that all the shows are taped at once..

Is this true ? Barbara has the same necklace on in all episodes

The guys have the same clothes
  • Episode with BarkEm's to 6-9-2013

I love the show but sometimes they miss products that could be a hit. Robert should have picked up on "BarkEm's to go" especially since he understood the concept of the product. This product I would love to see on the shelves! I would definitely buy it since I take my dog out to the park, etc. and need water, food, & treat in a disposable container - no cleanup!!! Rethink that one sharks!!!
  • These guys need VC -- 'RoboRoach,' Seeks $10,000 On Kickstarter

Remote-Controlled Roach Project, 'RoboRoach,' Seeks $10,000 On Kickstarter

A new Kickstarter campaign asks for $10,000 in donations for a project called RoboRoach, which offers cell phone users the chance to "control the movements of a live cockroach from [their] own mobile

• Great show

This is one of my favorite shows. The arguing between the sharks is the best part. I also like the set up. Walk out of an elevator and hope you can get them will invest in your business . With the thousands of entrepreneurs out there and Kevin's mean attitude,this show could not get any better

10/10
  • The whole concept of the show.

I am getting tired of these million/billionaires turning down people with good "ideas" because they haven't made a ton of money yet. This is'nt about buying stocks, is it? This show would be so much more exciting if it would be for common folks with great ideas looking for "help" with their business. Distribution, advertisement, TV spots... and yes ... money. The show on 09/12/2013 was better! The deal made at the end with the homeless people pitching their dance/excersize idea. The guy who pitched the "Interchangable Bikini" idea was right when he started give it to the sharks about starting out just like all of them had, and asking for some help. If this new season does not have a different structure to it.... "I'm out"!!!
  • Fire the Commentator!

To the producers: Please, fire the commentator. His insidious, shallow remarks disrupt the flow of the show. Each time he describes something we can clearly see, . "Mark covers his eyes", it's like hearing nails scraping on a blackboard. Get rid of this guy (or at least this element of the show), please.
  • I Refuse To Get Invested In This Show; I'm Out

I will give the show this; the ideas presented in the show are interesting. I mean, what show like this doesn't have interesting products? However, just because someone has a good idea that they want to expose to the world, doesn't mean that the show automatically becomes good. This show fails in every other way. The investments that the contestant seek are always too high or too low, and the investors, if you can call them that, always reject every contestant. Note to the executives: it's not fun to watch reality contestants gets booed off just because their fucking investments were too high and their equity stakes and royalty didn't work for these "investors"! I always end up feeling sorry for the contestants because they weren't able to get their product known to the masses. How about just scrap the idea of a reality TV show that revolves around this topic, and have these contestants turn to real investors to get their product known? That would be much better than the bullshit that happens on this show! Please, if any person on or on any other website wants to become a business person or a pitchman, I highly suggest you DO NOT appear on this show, even if you watch it. You will get chewed up, spit out, and possibly even urinated/defecated on by investors who are absent-minded. For a better reality competition show, watch "American Idol" or "Big Brother", and stay the FUCK away from this piece of shit.
  • No Fair!!

2.5
    I love watching the Shark Tank. I have been watching for a long time. Mark, Barbara & Lori are my favorite sharks because of their human nature & understanding of how hard it is to get started in the business. However, it seems that recently, all of the sharks have been getting nastier & nastier by the episode. They seem tired, annoyed and are only looking for the most polished and well versed contestants. However, as a public (amateur) viewer I was extremely disappointed to watch how Mark & Lori chew the poor guy up, that invented the wine balloon. I don't think they gave him time to even process what was being presented to him. Mark & Lori originally offered the guy $600K for 100% of acquisition and within 30 seconds, Mark backed out and then 30 seconds later Mark decided to be back in the deal with Lori but this time - for only $400K. The poor guy should of walked away from that deal - to show them that his idea was worth more than $400K.

Both Mark & Lori will probably go on to make millions from this awesome product. This behavior is something that I would have expected from Mr. Wonderful but not from them. They are usually better balanced when playing the "Good Shark - Bad Shark" way. This time the nicer sharks were down right greedy and very ugly. What a shame and definitely - NOT FAIR!! I think it might be time to clean out the shark tank out and get newer (more compassionate) sharks in.
  • Waste of Air time and Space

I mean really, this is literally the most waste of time and air space on my TV. Please take it off and put in its place something less painful to watch like "WATCHING PAINT DRY OR GRASS GROW"
  • I do not recall ever seeing any person that is trying to get help over the age of "60".

Could it be they are too smart to give up 5 percent of their business or a 2 percent royalty, to the show's producers and ABC, this is in addition to the cut the sharks take.
  • bedhead

1.5
    I just watched the episode with the product " While I admit this is not the best invention ever, I see no reason why the sharks have to make fun of the guy and laugh at him. In my opinion this is cruel. For that reason I'm out!
  • Barbara needs to go....

Barbara is not worth watching. She only bids on low dollar opportunities and takes advantage of everyone. The 4/25 show, she should be fired for buying that supplement about mindless. Mark needs to get rid of this women.
  • Sports Bras for Women Idea

Kevin has it wrong, a good sports bra is needed for Women.
  • Cool show

Overall this show is good. Lots of fun new inventions. The judges could start being nicer.
  • pretzel business

Lol Mr wonderful when a gay men couple was trying to get help for tea he said HELL YEAH but today he said no to a mother making pretzel because it's too common like tea aint common? She clearly had a good business but u say no and yeah to some f##in tea, Mr wonderful I rock wit you but sometimes you talk for no reason
< 1 2