Shark Tank

Friday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Aug 09, 2009 In Season

Shark Tank Fan Reviews (62)

7.3
  • Unimformed/ Billy Blank/Zumba/Dance with me

I have been a dancer for nearly 30 yrs I have studied with many famous teachers & dancers. I danced with ballet, contemporary & modern dance companies. Mark & Damian, don't understand something about Zumba, dancers who have worked for years to be where they are, & have the bodies, talent & knowledge beyond even what this young man had, have little respect for something like Zumba that deminishes the art form & training o f real dancers. These programs are big business. There are studios all over America that can't survive as programs like this tell people it takes nothing to become a dancer. My heart ached for that young man, as he didn't want to say, how he really feels about the entire industry of Zumba. these people who care more about what they are wearing, Who walk into studios disrupt real classes & look down their noses at people who have dedicated their entire lives to something which is being destroyed by TV & populat culture
  • American Version of an already successful series known as Dragons' Den in many other countries.

This show bastardizes any interesting features the originals had. While the UK version discusses actual business talk, such as turnover and future profits, this show focuses on personal anecdotes, damsels in distress in the business world. Shark Tank, a horrible name, fails to invoke the dramatic flair of Dragons’ Den. The lighting and the set are unsympathetic to the business atmosphere. The contestants on the show are poorly selected. Few have any business acumen... one even attempted to make a joke “this is shark tank, not bunny tank,� leaving viewers jump up and exclaim that bunnies, unfortunately, are not amphibious.
  • Shark Tank Review

This show is fake. It's showing desperate Americans trying to hock some nitch product to a broke nation, while the camera focuses on Mark Cuban's 2020 Campaign Bid. If you really want to solve a problem raise the min wage so you don't exploit Americans on TV anymore. Fast Fact America's largest export is ENTERTAINMENT!!!!
  • Das Kapital-ism

Of all the seedy Reality TV competitions out there, Shark Tank is one of the genre's biggest offenders. Seemingly "inspired" by a Japanese TV show, Shark Tank features wannabe Edisons into convincing a cabal of investors whether or not to bankroll whatever Rube Goldberg gimcrackery they have to offer.

This is the most farcical, if not pathetic Reality TV competition show ever produced. Makes me long for the days of much more urbane fare such as Strike It Rich & Queen For A Day.
  • your kidding right.

Sharks should be called lamps. One guy claims some products are junk when he sole FUBU clothing garbage that stretch after the first washing, and nobody wears that crap and did he share any profits, now he has another hustle, he on a show getting paid and won't invest unless he's practically stealing the company. The female restate agent won't buy anything at all give me a break, another one on the TV show payroll. The guy who owns a team is young and needs attention. One guy on the show may possess some value. Best for last this guy that got lucky on some toy deal a hundred years ago still has NOT impress me yet. NO MORE WATCHING this crap. If you have money and really know something, you would know helping launch a product is life changing. People like Bill Gates, Oprah, Warren Buffett no bad comments, just lets go do it. My definition of a shark is go after and destroy and let the cards where they lie. Good luck on you contract renewal SHOW SUCKS BAD.
  • What a joke within a so called reality show

After stumbling over this show by accident, i found myself stumbling away even faster.. To justify this review with suffering through almost one episode of this Shark Tank show. I observed five so called financial judges (mind you none with much credit behind themselves, only ABC money or whoever produces this crap) giving their limp opions on others product ideas or inventions.. After seeing these so called experts pick through ideas of others and give your small minded ideas toward there products, I pass this "Think Tank" more like a "Toliet Tank" with nothing going for it.. You think with a show of this idea, more creative and much more professional judges could have been assemblied here.. At least on the "The Apprentice" Donald Trump carried some weight in the developement of successful business ventures throughout his years.. With this "Tank" (right word) show, these idiots haven't even scored well with there own projects, or one stop creations.. The best with this Shark Tank is that it will not float long !
  • Not Such a Happy Valentine's Day for Black American Female Contestant

2.5
    The episode of Shark Tank that aired on 2/15/13, bordered on racism. A young African American female contestant presented her business and asked for the financial help from the Sharks. When the contestant did not have the financial information that was asked for, the three white male Sharks berated her with insults. They used words like "ignorant" and alluded to how she was unprepared. Their tone, body language, and words suggested that she was not "worthy" to come before them.

Mr. John, the one African American shark simply said that he was out. Although he did not add to the beratement, he did nothing to change the hostile atmosphere. However, Barbara Corcoran saved the day; she lessened the hostile atmosphere by being respectful and sympathetic.

Ms. Corcoran gave the contestant valuable advice and shared with her that she too was not a financial wizard.

I suggest that all the Sharks see the contestants as new entrepreneurs who need guidance and not treat anyone as they have no business or right to be on the show. They are there to learn and not be put down. I hope that the contestant who was the victim of this treatment will go on to develop and progress with her business. I also hope that other potential contestants, especially minorities, will not be discouraged by the actions which occurred in this episode.

• Shark Tank rocks

I love to see all the crazy pitches, half real business lessons, half pure TV entertainment. Check out all the various ideas at allsharktankproducts dot com
  • Waste of Air time and Space

I mean really, this is literally the most waste of time and air space on my TV. Please take it off and put in its place something less painful to watch like "WATCHING PAINT DRY OR GRASS GROW"
  • producer to get 2% of NET REVENUE? is he on crack?

entrepreneurs who agree to be on 'the shark tank' are asked to sign a contract that would give the producer (mark burnett) 2% of net revenues - in perpetuity! this is a complete joke. first, no entrepreneur with a decent idea that's remotely scalable would ever agree to such terms . . . and second, no investor would ever put money into such an encumbered enterprise. so they're setting up for failure: the only entrepreneurs who would ever agree to such a preposterous structure would be desperate losers - and who wants to watch them?

incidentally, contestants on 'dragons den' did not have to give the producer anything.
  • Choice of Sharks

Get rid of Daymon...he brings nothing to the show. He appears blaze and tries to demonstrate he is over and above things. Never has genuine nor realistic offers or valuable, constructive comments to investors.
  • TV Success Story & #1 Author of 'Conversations with Millionaires' RAVES About Shark Tank!

Shark Tank is SUCH a BRILLIANT example of the power of great ideas!

EvERY episode helps validate the power of the steps I call the 'Millionaire Money Formula'.

I just wish Shark Tank would've been on back in the late 90's when I came up with the idea for my 'Conversations with Millionaires' book. I would've LOVED to have ANY of the Sharks included with the other 9 millionaires in it!

People obviously love it anyway. But, I have to think there would've been at least ONE additional nugget, secret, or chunk of brilliance that might have been added!

Maybe it would've helped me figure out the 'Millionaire Money Formula' even faster if any of the Sharks were part of making 'Conversations with Millionaires' happen? OR, having Barbara's brillinace inside 'Conversations with Female Millionaires' would've been absolutely amazing too!

Either way, I couldn't be a bigger fan of the show!

I hope it continues to rock the charts for YEARS to come!

SUCH amazingly insightful and helpful secrets to success revealed in every episode!

TRUE BRILLIANCE from beginning to end!

Thx for being SO AWESOME Shark Tank! :-)

Jason Oman

TV Success Story & #1 Best-Selling Author of 'Conversations with Millionaires', 'Conversations with Female Millionaires', & 'Millionaire Money Formula'
  • mcuban

mark cuban is the only shark with a heart. he has helped many people with simple ideas who will employ veterans and several unemployed people. . thank you Mark!
  • The FUBU man needs to be CUT for sexual harrassment

I think that a recent episode I think this past week made me mad at the FUBU owner of the Sharks. He made a deal with a couple ad he forced the woman to full frontal hug him. He is a nasty little pervert and a terrible pathetic excuse of a businessman to represent corporate America or the "successful" average joe in any way. A man like that should not be successful. I feel sorry that she is married to the pathetic man she is married to as well. He just sat there with a smile on his face. She was selling the adjustable strap bras and I thought she was tough and handled herself very well especially considering what product she had to peddle. That is sexual harassment and molesting a woman on television. That is all he promotes, he can take a backseat and I hope he loses all of his business ventures and entire brand he "built"
  • I Refuse To Get Invested In This Show; I'm Out

I will give the show this; the ideas presented in the show are interesting. I mean, what show like this doesn't have interesting products? However, just because someone has a good idea that they want to expose to the world, doesn't mean that the show automatically becomes good. This show fails in every other way. The investments that the contestant seek are always too high or too low, and the investors, if you can call them that, always reject every contestant. Note to the executives: it's not fun to watch reality contestants gets booed off just because their fucking investments were too high and their equity stakes and royalty didn't work for these "investors"! I always end up feeling sorry for the contestants because they weren't able to get their product known to the masses. How about just scrap the idea of a reality TV show that revolves around this topic, and have these contestants turn to real investors to get their product known? That would be much better than the bullshit that happens on this show! Please, if any person on or on any other website wants to become a business person or a pitchman, I highly suggest you DO NOT appear on this show, even if you watch it. You will get chewed up, spit out, and possibly even urinated/defecated on by investors who are absent-minded. For a better reality competition show, watch "American Idol" or "Big Brother", and stay the FUCK away from this piece of shit.
  • Really robert

Whats better make in America or money?? move to china robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I do not recall ever seeing any person that is trying to get help over the age of "60".

Could it be they are too smart to give up 5 percent of their business or a 2 percent royalty, to the show's producers and ABC, this is in addition to the cut the sharks take.
  • Business Meets Thinkers

Some of the ideas are really great... lots of inventors who lack or thrive with passion for their ideas... the hosts are very stern... this all sums up to be an interesting show for me. I learned some things from here!
  • These guys need VC -- 'RoboRoach,' Seeks $10,000 On Kickstarter

Remote-Controlled Roach Project, 'RoboRoach,' Seeks $10,000 On Kickstarter

A new Kickstarter campaign asks for $10,000 in donations for a project called RoboRoach, which offers cell phone users the chance to "control the movements of a live cockroach from [their] own mobile

• middle show information

I've never posted a comment on a show however when I watch shark tank, when I join in on an episode when they are negotiating a deal and haven't watched them present their investment they never tell you what their product or idea was. I think after the sharks say yes or no and they walk out the door the announcer should say "... and the (product or idea such as gumballs) took the deal at 2 million for 10 so the audience knows what's going on.
  • More Bait for the Sharks!

Trump it up! Have a phone line taking orders during the candidates pitch.

Just like HSN takes phone sales, this s/b an interesting by-line, panel activity, with live orders. This would add frenzy for two reasons:

1) The Sharks can test the water ~ pre market if you will.

2) It's a pay it forward gesture. The candidates may not get a deal from the sharks, but they can walk away with phone and web orders.

Just throwing it out there!
  • I like the product...

I want the sprinkler system shut off tool for the house. Fire man .
  • Great show

This is one of my favorite shows. The arguing between the sharks is the best part. I also like the set up. Walk out of an elevator and hope you can get them will invest in your business . With the thousands of entrepreneurs out there and Kevin's mean attitude,this show could not get any better

10/10
  • Episode with BarkEm's to 6-9-2013

I love the show but sometimes they miss products that could be a hit. Robert should have picked up on "BarkEm's to go" especially since he understood the concept of the product. This product I would love to see on the shelves! I would definitely buy it since I take my dog out to the park, etc. and need water, food, & treat in a disposable container - no cleanup!!! Rethink that one sharks!!!
  • The show really deteriorated lately

I used to really like this show and recommended it to my children and grand children as a good business show. But, no longer. In the show last night (10/2), Barbara is no longer a shark. She kissed up to Mark Cuban so much, she is more a little minion riding on the back of a shark. Now, Cuban is something else. He is so arrogant and rude, he showed no respect for other sharks, nor the presenters. I am quite sure that he did not get to where he is now by behaving this way. The show is no longer a role model for younger people to learn about business. It also lost its entertainment value. Too bad!
  • Last episode I'll watch.

Irish51 is right, these guys all act like they didn't fail all over the place before they made it big. Instead of being gracious and uplifting they are all a bunch of immature, self-centered babies. I've seen six-year-olds have better self control. O'Leary is the worst and should be removed from the show. I think he makes the rest of them "go to the dark side" too because of his rantings. Lori totally lost me tonight with her "wah, wah, you didn't listen to me so I'm out!" Are you kidding me? Grow up people and do the job you were sent there to do. If you don't want to spend your money then don't. But grow up and stop being jerks. Here's a hint to all of them.... I"D like to hear what the person has to say!!!!!! Like I said... last show for me.
  • Such a GREAT show that has gone SO DOWN Hill!!!!!

1.5
    This was such a awesome show my husband and I looked forward to every week since season 1. It was refreshing and such a good show regarding business till it has just turned into another trashy reality show. Such a disappointment thought this was a keeper and so different
  • The latest episode

The guy with the mission belt is lying through his teeth. I have been buying ratchet belts from a company in Washington state for the last four years.

I can't believe no one researched that before the show aired.
  • Love the innovation

Hi, I simply love the shark tank and while O'Leary can get on your nerves, he sometimes provides entertainment value. I can see why so many people would dislike him though. I am fascinated by the kind of innovative products that come to the tank and while some don't get a deal, they instantly get viewed by millions of die hard fans.
  • How Do I apply to get on the show

I have been trying to figure out how one applies to get on the show. Any suggestions.
< 1 2 3