She-Ra on DVD

Chalvineli

[1]Sep 25, 2005
    • level: 13
    Hi does anybody know if She-Ra is available on DVD, I already have the He-Man DVD's so am wanting to add to my collection with the She-Ra ones.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NeitherSparky

[2]Sep 28, 2005
    • level: 30
    Er...there *used* to be a post on here about DVDs that I had replied to but I see it's been deleted! I suppose it was a violation of the TOS to discuss "pirated" DVDs and someone reported it. Therefore I suggest you don't ask anyone else about this or you may get in trouble.

Chalvineli

[3]Sep 28, 2005
    NeitherSparky wrote:
    I suppose it was a violation of the TOS to discuss "pirated" DVDs and someone reported it. Therefore I suggest you don't ask anyone else about this or you may get in trouble.

I'm not asking about pirate DVD's, I want to know if there are any official DVD's been released yet.

NeitherSparky

[4]Sep 28, 2005
    • level: 30
    Lol. Okay. Yes, one or two discs were released in France (in French), but that's all I've heard of.

he-man.org is the best place to look for any info on any Masters of the Universe related stuff, so you could check there to be sure.

robinepowell

[5]Oct 1, 2005
    • level: 63
    So far the only thing that is going to be out is the X-mas special which I already started a thread on. If you sign up @ www.TVShowsonDVD.com you'll get updates if/when She-Ra is coming to DVD. Read my thread and you'll find out some info from it.

Drakken_Shego

[6]Oct 6, 2005
    • level: 15
    Oh I really hope they release this and RE-release He-Man(not some crappy money rip-off "Best 10 episodes!" I want all the eps and by their seasons!) on DVD. He-Man and She-Ra were and still are awesome! I used to have all the toys(well they were my brothers) and then he didn't want them anymore(he grew up and moved onto video games) and instead of giving them to me to take care of my mom gives them to my cousins(she thought a girl should be playing with barbies!) who have lost many weapons and have broke some characters or lost them as well! Those things are valuable and they destroyed them! I would have put them in a glass display even though they weren't mint, they were still in good shape and we had all the items they came with. Nothing was missing. I really loved the main bad guys castle with the skull head. It's mouth you could open as the draw-bridge and you could have guys standing on the look-out towers. It was awesome! I also loved the tiger creatures you could have guys ride on and of course She-Ra's flying horse! Oh how I miss the days of my youth. Seeing the show again would bring back great memories. Oh sorry I went off topic a bit.

Oh and I noticed topics getting deleted on other boards as well. It seems if the show isn't very popular and many people aren't on the boards discussing it they slowly start deleting topics after a certain amount of time has gone by. Many post on Freakazoid's and Tales from the Crypt's message boards have been deleted! It's really STUPID!

SeptupleA

[7]Oct 16, 2005
    • level: 9
    He-Man Season 1 will be released on 10/18/2005, but so far no announcements as to when She-Ra will be released, other than the ubiquitous Christmas special.

Drakken_Shego

[8]Oct 19, 2005
    • level: 15
    I got the He-Man boxset season 1 DVD. I LOVE it! I highly recommend getting it. And it's only $34. for 33 complete eps and LOTS of special features!

SeptupleA

[9]Nov 6, 2005
    • level: 9
    He-man Season 1, Volume 2 (episodes 34-65) will be released on Valentine's Day (2/14/2006), but still no word on any She-Ra related DVD's other than the December 6, 2005 release of the Christmas Special that carries an outrageous retail price of $19.95 for just the one episode.

1980srule

[10]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 23
    According to he-man.org She-Ra will come on DVD if the He-Man
    DVD sales go well.

menmyteddy13

[11]Dec 6, 2005
    • level: 6
    I might buy my hubby the He-Man dvds in hopes that the sales are high enough to release the She-Ra Dvds!!

They did release all the My Little Pony eps, which I will get for my daughter.

I want She-Ra for ME!!! I remember having She-Ra and Frosta, and by trading toys with my neighborhood girlfriends I acquired Bow. I have them boxed in my mom's basement, but plan to put them up in my new house (2 more weeks until I move in!) in a display case. I would love to add to my tiny collection.

Soon I'll get the Xmas special, a little She-Ra is better then none, and the Xmas special was good, I remember watching it over and over as a kid.

Chalvineli

[12]Dec 17, 2005
    Oooo I'm all excited now I've just ordered the Christmas special. Hopefully with good sales of that along with He-Man they will release She-Ra on DVD too!!!

waverley

[13]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 8
    does any tv channel ever air any repeats? not too long ago i discovered a channel that aired the smurfs, so i was hoping maybe there were she-ra repeats somewhere out there...

donutsfordinner

[14]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 7
    I haven't seen She-Ra on TV in a LONG time.

I loved that show! Forget Barbie...I wanted She-Ra! I remember getting She-Ra collectable stickers. There was a big sticker book and you had to keep buying packages of stickers so you could get all the stickers. I was SO into that. I bet I still have it around somewhere but I don't know if I ever got all the stickers...

Anyway, I will cross my fingers that She-Ra comes out. I wouldn't mind getting He-Man too. I always loved the into to He-Man...

Chalvineli

[15]Dec 21, 2005
    WOOOHOOO! I just recieved my DVD for the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas special. I can't wait till Christmas day now to open it and watch.

Chalvineli

[16]Dec 21, 2005
    WOOOHOOO! I just recieved my DVD for the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas special. I can't wait till Christmas day now to open it and watch.

waverley

[17]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    i noticed that people are selling she-ra dvds on ebay. are those illegal copies of the show? how did those people get the dvds?

robinepowell

[18]Jan 16, 2006
    Good News! She-Ra is coming going to come to DVD. I have the information that says she's coming to DVD but not when yet.

:
    We've added a news item for "She-Ra: Princess of Power" to the site. Here it is:

FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL! She-Ra Rights Bought By BCI Eclipse!!! - 6:02 AM 1/16/2006 We've got news about rights to Filmation's "She-Ra: Princess of Power" series being picked up by a USA company for North American/Region 1 DVD release. Get the story in the TVShowsOnDVD News!
    www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4916

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "She-Ra: Princess of Power" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".

TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com

robinepowell

[19]Jan 16, 2006
    Here's some information that includes other shows owned by BCI:

:
    We've added a news item for "She-Ra: Princess of Power" to the site. Here it is:

BCI Eclipse Issues Official Press Release For Filmation Deal: She-Ra, BraveStarr, Ghost Busters, Zorro, Lone Ranger and more named! - 5:56 PM 1/16/2006 We've got the official BCI Eclipse press release for the BCI/Entertainment Rights/Filmation deal, and it mentions "She-Ra" of course.
    Read it for yourself in the TVShowsOnDVD News.
    www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4918

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "She-Ra: Princess of Power" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".

robinepowell

[20]Feb 8, 2006
    She-Ra's coming in July (maybe):

:

First Tentatvie Release Plans For She-Ra Made Public - 5:59 AM
    2/08/2006 We've got some exciting news about "She-Ra" on DVD. Read the story in the TVShowsOnDVD News!!
    www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5068