She-Ra: Princess of Power

(ended 1987)

NeitherSparky

She-Ra: Princess of Power Fan Reviews (9)

• A childhood classic

I watched He-Man and She-Ra both as a kid. I think She-Ra had a tougher time of things than her twin did because she was originally evil and now had to fight against her old allies on a conquered world.
  • before xena and hercules came She-ra and He-man the two 80's titans. a great cartoon that is a automatic classic. She-ra is one of the greatest cartoons of the 80's, showing that girls can kick butt too, this is a excellent series.

Great show, the storys were great and the movie that started it all was an instant classic. she-ra showed cartoon lovers that women are a force to be wreken with, equaling her twin brother in stenght Adora/she-ra took out the bad guys one step at a time, for the power of gray skull this show rocks
  • Adora/She-Hulk must save the planet of Etheria from Hordak and his Horde followers.

The suprising success of He-Man with small boys prompted the creation of a similar show for young girls. While the toy line is naturally way more girly (focusing on hair and combs to brush them), the show was luckily not limited by these restrictions.

In a comparison to He-Man, many things stand out as improvements. Adora's origin of a princess stolen from her home and raised by her kidnappers to be a cruel military commander. The main villain, Hordak, is more imposing and was actually the teacher of the other show's villain Skeletor. She-Ra having abilities beyond stuff used for fighting, like healing and animal telepathy. Not to mention the awesome sword that could transform into almost anything.

The show is not without it's faults. Some of the more gimic abilities of She-Ra's allies are ridiculous (Castanetta throws nets). The one guy, Bo, struts like a manly-man while wearing a midriff top that only covers his chest. Teela (the similar but opposite gendered character from He-Man) could beat him silly. And while the show was geared more toward girls, it got a little silly with things like sleepovers.

While both shows followed similar formats and moral topics, She-Ra was allowed to explore things not allowed on He-Man, like romance and childbirth. These risks lead to a more superior product, often neglected because it is a "girly" spin-off of a popular boy's cartoon.
  • She-Ra: Princess of Power is an animated show popular in 1980 series. It follows the adventures of Princess Adora/She-ra and the members of the Great Rebellion as they try to free planet Etheria from the evil Horde.

I want to bring it back the shows because the stories shows faith,love,unity in friendship and bravery to save the peace to their free planet Etheria. The stories was leaded by Princess Adora/She-ra with his members of the Great Rebellion. Their enemies were Hordak, the leader of the Horde forces that rule Etheria,a sorceror who kidnapped the infant Adora during a failed attempt to conquer He-Man's home world years ago. My favorite part is when Adora, He-Man's twin sister said the world, " I am Adora, He-Man's twin sister, and defender of the Crystal Castle. This is Spirit, my beloved steed. Fabulous secrets were revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and cried, "For the Honor of Grayskull!!" These part is where the shows opening sequence starts. I want to bring it back because of it's great spectacular action scene,secrets to discover, and most of all the lesson you have learned when your watching a excellent show.
  • Princess Adora is kidnapped as a baby and trained as a Captain in Hordak's evil Horde. A stranger comes to Eternia and changes Adoras fate forever.

My world revolved around He-Man until She-Ra came along. She is a strong female character who is not only physically but mentally strong as well and who is a fantasic role model as well. She-Ra always strived to do what was right. I loved this show as a child and i still enjoy watching it with my daughter. We need more cartoons like this classic.
  • My Childhood Hero !!

as a kid I wanted to be She Ra she was my hero I watched her everyday after school and I would love it if this show came out on dvd or was put back on the air its sure to be a childrens classic for years to come when I have kids this is the kind of show I would want them to be able to watch !
  • Worth watching, especially if you are a chick!

Ok, let's get one thing straight, this show was no "He-Man and the Masters Of The Unverse", but it wasn't bad. Ok, if you were a guy, ya, it was kind of bad, but if you were a girl, it was cool. Chicks opening up a can of whoop SSS on Evil! She-Ra was gorgeous. All women should've tried to attain her look, even today! Ok, you better be a genetic freak, or you're already at Hefners mansion, other than that, forget it! This chick was a animated-genetic freak of nature! Adams sister was She-Ra, she has this pretty unicorn horse, oh yes, this show was all milk toasty, cozy and warm. The colors of this show were very pretty and bright. Truly amazing colors actually. The whole aspect of this show was geared towards girls. It was the original care bears but a little meaner! I can't remember a whole lot about this show, that's probably was it didn't make three seasons, but worth some remembering.
  • Like many spinoffs, this show does not match up to its predecessor, however, it is a solid cartoon product of the 80's. Like He-Man, its quality is not fantastic, but that is made up for by the fact that it's one of the original examples of "girl power".

7.1
    Like many spinoffs, this show does not match up to its predecessor, however, it is a solid cartoon product of the 80's. Like He-Man, its quality is not fantastic. The animation shows its age, and the sound quality is often grainy, but what it lacks there is made up for by the fact that the show is one of the original examples of "girl power". The show was able to bridger the gap between the common male hero idea and add a strong female figure to the role. For this, thoudands upon thousands of girls from the 80's and even TV shows like Xena: Warrior Princess owe a big thank you. Overall, a decent show that is not quite as good as He-Man, but is pretty good in its own right.

My final review: A solid show that served as one of the first examples of "girl power" behind Wonder Woman. Yet, if you want to watch a slightly better show, I recommend the predecessor He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
  • Why can't there be more shows like this on on t.v.?

I really enjoyed this show. It is the first cartoon I can remember religously watching. I was about 6 years old when it came out and I have loved it ever since. I am 26 now and I would love to get my hands on a dvd set. I am sure at this age I would find the series to be childish but what I want to see are the charachters again. My favorite was Swift Wind. I still have the swift wind action unicorn from my childhood and it has it's nice little reserved spot on my dresser. This show was truly a classic masterpiece!