She-Ra: Princess of Power

Sweet Bee's Home

Aired Unknown Nov 29, 1986 on

• There's a reason why this episode was voted one of the top five episodes of the series!

"Sweet Bee's Home" is a series classic that all of the fans love with good reason. This episode combines the great characters we all know and love with fantastic direction and writing, making it one of the best episodes of the entire series. This episode is one of the most-referenced episodes of the series for the dialogue alone. Who can forget Frosta hanging all over He-Man while he pleads with She-Ra to get her away from him?! The scene where She-Ra tells He-Man to leave Frosta alone and He-Man replies, "Leave HER alone?!" and he facial expression changes over 61 times is classic! I'm sure the whole sub-plot between Frosta and He-Man was completely lost on me as a child, but as an adult I think it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a children's cartoon show! There are a lot of little directional things, too, that make this episode great. The facial expressions that Frosta has when she realizes that He-Man has a thing for Sweet Bee are the classic "take" pose that Tex Avery introduced to the world of cartoons so long ago, and they may seem too silly and out-of-place in a fantasy cartoon such as "She-Ra: Princess of Power", but I think it's that silliness that makes it funny and not stupid.

"Sweet Bee's Home" is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. The only way this episode could have been any better is if Skeletor had been in it!