She-Ra: Princess of Power

The Stone in the Sword

Aired Unknown Oct 04, 1985 on

• When a stone in She-Ra's magic sword breaks and Adora loses her She-Ra powers, she gathers her determination and sticks to every challenge to get her powers back.

This She-Ra episode illustrates a great example of sticking to an important task, like when Adora loses her She-Ra powers and needs to get her sword fixed. Without Swiftwind to fly her to the top of Skydancer Mountain where the Crystal Castle is, Adora is determined to climb to the top herself. With Kowl by her side and Lighthope to tell her where to go, she encourages Kowl to believe in her when she must face several challenges along the way in order to restore her powers and rescue Bo from the Hoard. Those challenges Adora faces include "surfing" down the spiral stairway with a spiked ball after her, escaping a cave-in, and going through the Forbidden Corner.

Even though Kowl doubted Adora along the journey, she kept at her tasks. I even liked the ending where She-Ra gives Hoardack the giggleberry powder treatment and he laughs uncontrolably like crazy. This has to be one of my favorite eps thus far. It's been a while since I last saw this show.