Sheep in the Big City

Cartoon Network (ended 2002)

Lazy_TV_fan

Sheep in the Big City Fan Reviews (27)

• Why on earth did this thing end?

Seriously! This show didn't even get past the second season. Apparently it was going to get a third season but for some reason the execs at CN didn't want that, and decided to cancel it! Why do you do this, execs? You always cancel you're good shows after one or two seasons.

In fact, this show almost didn't get a second season. According to wikipedia, the first season grinded to a halt in December 2000 when the first seven episodes aired. After two more episodes, the show was cancelled midway through it's first season in March 2001, then got a brief revival in July 2001 to air the last four episodes, but got cancelled again in August 2001.

But in September 2001, they decided to renew it for another season. Apparently, the second season went on hiatus after four episodes in December 2001, only to briefly air the last few episodes in April 2002. In May 2002, the show got renewed for a third season, but in June 2002, the idea got dropped.

Why do you cancel these great shows, Cartoon Network? You had NO reason to deny the idea of this show getting a third season. That was a fantastic idea, I would've been very happy if this show got a third season. Sure, the first season wasn't as good as the second but that doesn't mean you have to cancel it, because Season 2 was fantastic! If only this show could be brought back.
  • U WOT M8

Are you kidding me? This show is awesome! Forget the haters! They just hate the show because they're big stinky doo doo heads!
  • Funny, Imaginative, Intresting Plots. WHY WAS IT CANCELED?

This was one of the funniest cartoons i've ever seen. The Oxymoron commercials were hilarious. Nowadays, Cartoon Network's shows a severe decline in quality (espically, that Uncle Grandpa). Sheep in the Big City had a lot of imagination (like the concept of Clearance Day), Also had a good sense of humor, such as the idea of "Smart Bombs" as bombs that go to the library. Cartoon Network should really reboot this show or at least air reruns of it.

• I nearly forgot that this show existed

A unique and original plot, hilarious jokes, good like-able characters. It's unfortunate how obscure this show is now.
  • Good show.

Good show. Too bad it didn't last long.
  • Well there is the sheep, and the not-so-secret military organisation hot on his tail, lame brain General Specifiks and a weird little girl who treats sheep like a dog... All this I get, but a ranting Swede? Huh? Still can't figure that out...

6.3
    The story about a sheep on the run is quite original i must say. But there are some points where it doesn't really make sense, like what is the ranting Swede?

But all in all, I think it is a fairly decent and funny cartoon to watch, when you have nothing better on.
  • A sheep gets sick of the barn so he tries to go to a city.

This show is great and underrated it has such great references and funny names for the characters like Far Mer John and General Pacific and Private Public I wonder why it was canceled? It might not have been popular but it's a underappreciated series even though the style ain't that great and some episodes were strange this show is something to get use to. I hear by give this a 8.2 out of 10 if it was still going I would give it a 9 or 10 but I give it 8.2 also cause there are somethings not good about it.
  • Whoever thought of this must have a good imagination. How was this awesome show cancelled??

It's like the creators take out the good programmes and replace them with utter crap! This show was really funny and original and they go ahead and cancel this for Codename: KND? Ok...I hated KND but loved this so I don't understand why that show was more popular...
    Anyway, the show is about a sheep who cannot talk but makes up for action, and the villains are simply hilarious. General Specific and Private Public are funny names! ;)
    But really, I think this show is truly an underrated classic. It should be more popular, I mean it was great AND original!! I think the creators should think twice before they cancel their best shows!
  • Shear silliness, but very enjoyable.

The story of a sheep living in the Big City, who not only has to somehow get jobs and make money, but also has to avoid a Secret Military Organization bent on capturing him to survive. Sounds ridiculous, and it is, but it is deserving of attention and more episodes.

The story follows Sheep, obviously, with narration by Ben Plotz. He leaves his farm and clingy owner Farmer John for life in the Big City, and with the military on his tail. It just so happens he's the perfect specimen for their Sheep-Powered Ray Gun, and General Specific will not rest until its completion. With advice from the Angry (not Mad) Scientist and Private Public, the General is constantly putting his crazy plans into action and amazingly failing every single time. Sheep also falls in love with a poodle, Swanky, but it is a love possibly unrequited thanks to Swanky's sheep hating owner, Lady Richington. Each episode has its bizarre twists with the occasional heartwarming moral, and ends with insight from our favorite Ranting Swede.

This show is overflowing with puns along with breaks through the fourth wall and very hysterical if you give it a chance. The running gags, plays on names, and fake commercials are clever and refreshing from the usual fart jokes from other cartoons. Sometimes the show tries a little too hard to be funny, but can still have you laughing nonetheless. If you need a good laugh, Sheep in the Big City can help.
  • I miss this show

Sheep in the Big City is a cool show. Better than Catdog or Yakkity Yak I hate CN why, they won't cancell Baby looney Tunes. My favorite character is Sheep, he is one of the coolst character of Cn! None of those characters are annoying . I love SITBC

It should come back & Replace BLT.
  • A cartoon centering on Sheep, an aptly named sheep, who has left his farm to live in the Big City. While there he becomes targeted by a secret military organization for use in one of their weapons.

This was not your average cartoon with a simple storyline, but a much more complex and character-driven one. Episodes even went outside the Sheep story with advertisement spoofs and Sheep characters in other venues. It was the use of both visual and literal gags that really made the show a standout. This was genuine humor, not just stupidity and crudeness spouted out every 5 seconds. The voice work was superb and it's hard to imagine so few people were responsible for so many different characters. And though the show was somewhat short-lived, I'll always remember its genius. No two episodes were ever alike.
  • A good show with an original plot

Where the he-- did this show go? it was one the funniest shows Cartoon Network ever made. I don't remember much about it except I would wait every friday for new episodes. Cartoon Network needs to stop airing dumb shows and bring this one back. Sheep, I miss that little guy. And the Colonel was hilarious.
  • This should at least be released on DVD!

I loved this show ,but thanks to the CARTOON NETWORK it hasn't been seen in...how many years?In my opinion Sheep in the Big City was among some of the best American cartoons I've seen.The original shows that the CARTOON NETWORK has premired over the past year haven't been that good.They have lost the charm that the earler shows had.It is probably too late to bring back sheep in the big city ,but at least release the series on DVD!This was a great show ,but it hasn't even been honored with reruns.The CARTOON NETWORK is a great channel ,but it's too bad that they abandon shows so easily.
  • Very hilarious show!

This is one of CN's most funniest shows I've seen! It's about a Sheep that's in love with a Poodle named Swanky (who he thought was another Sheep but then found out later that she was a Dog but still loves her). He also runs from a Millitary that wants to capture him and use him for their Sheep powered ray gun which is pretty funny too. This tv series also has alot of hilarious fake commercials on it (kind of like on 'The Amanda Show' onley funnier) made by a company called 'Oxy Moron'. There are alot of other hilarious skits on this show too like the Sombero Brothers and the talking Sandwitch. This show does resemble 'Rocky and Bullwinkle' but I think it's alot better sinse it has alot more humor in it. This is the onley tv series that stars a Sheep and Sheep are one of my favorite animals.
  • One of my favorite cartoons, filled with puns and hilarity galore.

Sheep... what is there to say? Due to the fact that it hasn't been shown on TV since its cancellation, and there are no DVD's, I can't sit down and watch Sheep anymore. So, let me dish out some of the bigger points.

The show is basically about a sheep who is on the run from the military because they need Sheep for their sheep-powered ray gun. To assisst them in catching Sheep is the Angry Scientist. (Don't call him a mad scientist, or he'll be... well, angrier.)

The main idea for the show is pretty silly, and if you judge the show from that only, you might not be interested. However, alongside that, I get pleasures from some of the smaller things, including the "commercials" within the show, the various sketches (the Sombrero Brothers, the Ranting Swede, etc.), and the puns that are pretty much anywhere, (General Specific, Private Public, and nearly every episode title). It's not some mindless cartoon that's ready to rot your brain. Whenever you need it, you can find a play on words, or a hilarious twist on something normal. If you haven't seen this show yet, I'd highly recommend going to Mo Willem's website to watch some clips, or sending a letter to Cartoon Network to either put it on CN or Boomerang, or at least release DVD's.
  • In my opinion, this is the best kids show in the last 20 years.

This is one of the funnest shows. It kind of reminds me of Rocky and Bullwinkle, but it is a very original show. It's about what it says it is about, a sheep i the big city that is trying to be caught. During the show there were fake commercials and various little sketches to make the TV show a parody of a TV show. It is also a parody of soap operas and everything else. It's a hilarious and very well done show and its quite sad that it only lasted a mere 27 episodes on the air. Look for it.
  • A very funny show, but ridiculous at some points.

Ok, so, when I first saw ths show I said to myself....A show about a sheep...hmmm, not that good graphics, can\'t be too good.
    At first I thought that this was one of the worst shows ever, but as I paid more attention, I really started to enjoy it.
    Firstly, the jokes are verly elaborated and for smart people. Also, the puns are well put and the character names are also hallarious \" Private Public\" (2 oppostie terms).
    However, the plot of some episodes is stupid, but the Oximoron comercials really make up for it.
    Anyway, I think it was a good show and it should have had more episodes.

• This was a great show people!

This show was awsome! They need to bring it back now! This was one of the good classics that was great and got cancelled! Cartoon Network needs to bring back the old classics like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, Time Squad, Mike Lu and Og, Johnny Bravo, and this one! They need to take off every show on CN exept for adult swim, FHFIF, Camp Lazlo, Billy and Mandy and Ed, Edd n' Eddy. They can stay. But this was a great show that needs to be put back on! NOW!
  • This show rocked! Persuading words inside.

Why did Mo Willems quit this show to work for the bleeping Kids Next Door (pun LOL)? That show is worse than Sheep! Why did it only have 27 episodes?! When the bleeping Kids Next Door had 19 in the first season?! It sucks that people can't tell between good from bullbleep (more sheep pun LOL)!
  • Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Sheep in the big city to come back!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if I have to watch reruns, Just bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else remember these shows: Robot Jones, Time Squad, Cow and Chicken, well, Everything!!!!!! It was the most awesomest show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was totally random, and I like randomness!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • some pun on the word sheep? ha! funny show!

5.9
    sheep in the big city is fun! sheep is being chased by a secret military base AND farmer brown! and the ranting sweed , is so funny when he's angry! ha! i love this show! i wish cartoon network would bring it back to enjoy the goodness of that sheep!
  • Awesome!

Sheep in the big city was one of the lesser known cartoons that hit it big time back in 2001 when they were still showing cartoon cartoons and stuff like the powerpuff girls,new episodes of dexter's lab,johnny bravo,...the classic cartoons that didnt make it to 2005 or just got old pretty fast.But this is a classic that should have stayed on the air! its pretty funny,original,and you cant help but feel simpathy for sheep because the general guy always wanted to capture him.It was like he didnt have any friends or family in the big city,this show is excellent and original! it can even top the newer cartoons that are comming out now if it was still on the air.
  • Original Cartoon. . .

This is a really original cartoon, who could imagine this main story.

This is a funny show, sometimes boring, but almost all the episodes are really cool. Like all cartoon cartoons, this show has a potencial, they just need to realize this.

Original Story, Funny Episodes, Some Non-sense funny, this show has the fomula for the sucess, so why cancel it?
  • One Of The Funniest Shows On TV.

This is one of the funniest shows on TV. Too bad Mo Willems and Mr. Warburton are doung that Kids Next Door thing. That show is boring, but Sheep is much more interesting.

It's one of those you just can't think it could get any funnier. They have "commercials" on the show, and one of them is about a salesman that sells things for outrageous prices, and says the reason is that he's crazy.

The guy who raised sheep is funny. So Is Major Attitude, Major Investment, Major League Ball, General Specific, Private Public, and the Angry Scientist.

The world can never have too many shows like Sheep In The Big City.
  • more funny than the simpsons.

This show was hilarious. I like the fake ads they use to have they were funny. I remember one when the said this lady is in the store buying grocerys but what she doesnt know is that were switching her with the same exact grocerys. then when she checked out they said ha this isnt the exact things that we got you. But this is just what i wanted. But its not the exact grocerys.

That was so funny. I havent seen it in a while or know if its on but it was definitly the best Cartoon Network show ever.
  • the titel^ ^ says it all

i love this show sooooooooooooo much i wish with all my might they brought it back the plot is so original un like some of those new shows that copy every thing for example juniper lee copies ppg camp lazelo copies spongebob and krypto copies superman any way my point is this show needs to come back becuase it is hilariouse funny original and is a classic so please cn consider bringing this show back and fast
    ummm
    oh yeah please???
  • In my Robot Jones review, I stated that people will watch anything. I changed my mind. People will watch anything "bad".

Maybyr I'm just bad luck. Every show I loved has been taken off the air. Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, the list goes on. One of the titles included in this ongoing list would be "sheep in the big city".

One of the main things that made this show so good was that it never took itself too seriously. Each show was divided into chapters. Each chahapter had an obvious "sheep-pun" for a name, like "sheer danger" or something. Heck, half of the characters were named after oxymorons. General Specific and Private public, the "bad guys in the show" had intentionally exadurated voice ons, and were constantly trying to capture him to put in their "sheep powered ray gun". I dont know, I just cant seem to get across on paper how charming this show is.

The art style is great. The humor if Great-er. Watch it. Now *aims sniper rifle at your forehead*