Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre

Showtime (ended 1987)

RoxieVelma

Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre Fan Reviews (2)

• When discussing these shows with a group of adults, it was clear that there was no 'best' or 'worst' episode of this show. Everyone had their unique memory of different episodes that inspired them. Yet, no one could recall an episode they didn't like.

Fairie Tale Theatre is one of the first things that I will collect the moment I find out I am with child. (Although, I have no plans as of now.) When I look back on my toddler years, this is one of the first things that comes to mind. I credit Fairie Tale Theatre with so much of the creativity that I posess today. (I'm a performer in film/television and theatre, and also paint.)

The stories are obviously timeless and Fairie Tale Theatre produced them masterfully. The performances are uncanny and written with charm, wit, and a deepness that children can understand yet, adults can still relate to.

I will be honest, I don't remember these shows instilling some great morals in me, or having some terriffic educational value. Educationally, you may consider that in elementary school the stories are covered and I remember feeling 'ahead of the class' when we got to each one.

Adults alike would not be dissappointed at reviewing these shows. They are entertaining and scenically designed for viewers of all ages. And, it is intriguing and entertaining to see so many acclaimed actors skillfully play these classic roles.

Whether you are a parent, college student, or senior citizen, this show is a-list recommended. It is a mystery to me why the show was ever cancelled, and why they have not attempted a reprise! But, who knows what could happen? When you wish hard enough, and believe in a little magic, dreams can come true, right?