Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

FOX (ended 2001)

Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century Fan Reviews (4)

7.7
  • Timeless

Anytime I think of steam punk this show comes to mind. It bridges a nice gap between the centuries and shows that no matter how new tech aids us, the base of logic and deductive reasoning holds true as timeless. Sadly, this show isnt as well known as others that revolve around Holmes. But any who Ive known to watch it have enjoyed it immensely.
  • Suprisingly Clever!

Wow what great ideas composed with elements of the furture. Sirlock comes back to help New Scottland Yard with a wave of criminal violence. With now a robotic companion named Watson who has the same personality of the old one and a female seargant they must unravel levels on a conspricy. Brick by brick.
    "The Game is afoot!" Well atleast it was, too bad its gone now.
  • I love to see how the mind of Sherlock Holmes works and that's what this show gave me.

Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century was a very interesting show. I had no idea what I was missing until one day, I was actually awake at 7 in the morning. What I saw was possibly one of the greatest cartoons I've ever seen. There arent too many cartoons that I'd be willing to watch but this show grabbed my attention. I love to see how people's minds works and how they interpert information and then put it to use. I guess I've always been fond of detective stories. I think they did a good job with this show and formatting it so that it could entertain children and even an older audience. That's just my opinion. You're free to disagree with me. I also wish that it would have ended the right way which I think would have been a final showdown with Moriarty. I guess all good things must come to an end, but I wish this show had been given a little more time.
  • Surely the most bizarre addition to the Holmes canon ever.

Adapting Sherlock Holmes for television is a difficult task. Doing it as an animated cartoon moreso.

Doing it in the far future, with Watson as a robot, Lestrade as a woman, and Holmes as still Holmes? I'm amazed this ever got greenlit.

Surprisingly, the show adapts almost perfectly several of the original stories, although Holmes should have noted how similar the cases were to the ones he had experienced in London.

The show was most interesting when it forged onwards with original stories, and it's disappointing that it didn't have the chance to wrap up the Moriarty storyline.

Ah well. A mystery that shall remain unsolved.