What do you think the clue is? I can't figure it out!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/12/2014

Season 3 : Episode 3

Comments (21)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Hm, I thought it was obvious that he asked for Molly's help, as already some of the comments suggested. If anybody knows how to deal with corpses – and in this way, how to fake anything that has to do with appearing dead/make-believe one's death –, it should be her.

What I wonder more is if they will actually tell us what happened, and if so, I hope it'll be plausible and as clever as you'd expect it from Sherlock ;-)
Anyway, I can't wait till the day finally comes... *sigh* Early 2014, right?
Flag
The one thing that pops into my mind is that Sherlock spoke to Watson rather than texting him. It was one of the things he mentioned throughout the series - that he prefers texting over speaking to people. Not sure how it ties in but speaking to John did keep his attention directed in a certain way for a specific period of time...
Flag
Something I picked up was Sherlock playing with a little rubber ball right before he texts Moriarty to meet him on the roof top.

In other shows it has frequently been done that a character puts the rubber ball in his armpit, which makes it seem like you don't have a pulse. Something Sherlock may have done to convince John (and possibly others) that he really was dead.
Flag
Staff
Seems VERY possible!
Flag
1. u never see sherlock hit the pavement (sth/someone hit it) 2. there's a truck parked right next to the body on the ground, that leaves right then (u see it for a few sec. when John falls) 3. too many first responders....
Flag
Or Maybe Irene Admler helped Sherlock in a way. I mean only him knows she's still alive.
Flag
He asked for Molly's help. I think she and Sherlock came up with some kind of a plan how to fake his own death. Also I think Sherlock was recording his conversation with Moriarty (he had his hands behind his back, and the camera focuses on that) and he told John ''this is my note'' . He wanted John's eyes to be fixed on him, but when the accident with the bike happens he doesn't see him for quite a while. And another thing. Notice how the people gather around the body in a strange way? Or maybe it's just me. I don't know. I've read a lot of theories, but we can't know what actually happened, can we? Can't wait to see John's reaction to this whole thing !
Flag
you could be onto something!
Flag
Staff
Same here! I can't wait to find out!
Flag
Something else i noticed. When Watson is running towards the dead Sherlock he gets hit by a bike and looks away for a moment. I know it's small but it could be there as a plot device. Just shooting in the dark.
Flag
It was probably Sherlock on the bike making his escape!
Flag
Staff
That wouldn't surprise me! :)
Flag
Staff
Good thought!
Flag
i think the Pathologist Molly and Sherlock performed some kind of tests on Moriarty's body had him wear a mask to look like Sherlock so as to let everyone believe that Sherlock had committed suicide
Flag
Staff
It's VERY possible! I can't wait to find out if you're right.
Flag
I have to admit, part of me doesn't want to think about it for too long in case we figure it out...
Flag
I definitely do not want to figure it out, I want Sherlock to tell me and then call me stupid (and then I smile).
Flag
Oooh, now that's a juicy quote. Something that Sherlock did that was out character? I'm stumped.
Flag
Well he did confess feelings to Molly and seek her help, very unlike Sherlock. So that's two things out of character. He also actually called John instead of texting him and lied to John. Also a small thing, he flipped his collar down (instead of up like usual, when Lestrade asked him to not act like himself when he met the little traumatized girl. But unfortunately I don't think any of these have to do with 'how' he faked his death etc.
Flag
Staff
Good eye!
Flag
Staff
RIGHT?!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon High Jinx
    NEW