A Sherlock Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on BBC
Ranking Sherlock's Best Episodes

The wait for a third season of Sherlock has felt endless, so let's kill some time by ranking the six episodes we've had the pleasure to watch so far.

Disagree? Add your rankings in the comments.

#1 S02E01 A Scandal in Belgravia - Irene Adler. Enough said.

#2 S01E03 The Great Game - A terrifying introduction to Moriarty.

#3 S02E03 The Reichenbach Fall - THE cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.

#4 S01E01 A Study in Pink - A tightly written pilot episode.

#5 S01E02 The Blind Banker - Fun at times, but there's far too much crammed into the running time with Ancient Chinese Gangs and Watson's love life not exactly complimenting each other.

#6 S02E02 The Hounds of Baskerville - Blasphemy? It's based on the most famous of Sherlock Holmes stories, but it spends too much time hiding things from the viewer in the name of surprise.

22 Comments
Comments (22)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oct 24, 2013
I agree with the rankings. Hounds may edge a wee bit over Banker. Maybe. :)
It's funny that the second ep of both seasons is easily the weakest of the lot. Adler & Moriarty eps RULE! I am so, so glad we *finally* have an air date!! *does cartwheels*
Flag
Aug 05, 2013
The great game and a Scandal in Belgravia are my favourite........... though i prefer the ones that show more of Moriarity
Flag
Jul 08, 2013
My personal favorite is "The Great Game" which i consider the best episode of Sherlock yet. Then come "A study in pink" and "The Reichenbach Fall" for the introduction to the show and for the cliffhanger.
Flag
Jul 01, 2013
I would maybe switch #2 and #3, but the rest are right on the money. How can you not love Scandal in Belgravia, and then skip over Hounds of Bakersfield to get to The Reichenbach Fall. "The woman. THE Woman."

Flag
Jun 28, 2013
1) Scandal in Belgravia for sure. Irene was amazing.
Flag
Jun 27, 2013
1)The Great Game
2)The Reichenbach Fall
3)A Scandal in Belgravia
4)A Study in Pink
5)The Blind Banker
6)The Hounds of Baskerville
Flag
Staff
Jun 26, 2013
I prefer the Moriarty eps to the Irene Adler ones. I'd switch #2 & #1. He's so terrifying! I agree about The Blind Banker - I didn't dig that episode as much.
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
#1 - I love the intros to the characters
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Someone please explain to me.... at the end of Season 2 when Sherlock apparently commits suicide was it the lab assistant that jumped or???? Is Moriarty dead for real or he punked us???
Flag
Aug 02, 2013
He shot himself in the face. There is no coming back from that.
Flag
Staff
Jun 26, 2013
We don't know yet! But all will be revealed in Season 3 :)
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Does anyone know when is Sherlock going to be back?, they keep delaying it, does anyone know when "exactly" it will air??
Also can someone from the staff create a community for The Mentalist, Elementary and Hannibal, those are great shows and could use a community
And when did exactly tv.com make these "communities" feature??, and why didn't they announce properly??, is it in beta or what??, can regular members make communities? and how? i have a lot's of questions about this new awesome looking feature actually.
Flag
Jul 06, 2013
Last I heard it will be back in November. YEAH!
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Sherlock started filming again in March, so while there's no official broadcast schedule yet, we know it's on the way!

We're going to be expanding these new Communities to additional shows over time, so we love the feedback. You're correct that they are in beta while we work out a few things. Glad you're enjoying them so far and please feel free to ask any questions.
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Will my first feedback is that it's an awesome feature, and you should merge the style between the forum, the site, and the communities, so that users doesn't feel like a whole new site, and please use the same comment editor here in the main site it looks great even though i didn't use any of it features yet, and please make an edit button for a certain amount of time to fix typos and such things
And by the way the notifications icon in here(the communities), it doesn't indicate if you have a new notification like it does in the main site, so i think you should look into that
And thank you for being great tv.com Staff you are the best.
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Thanks! Happy to hear it and love the feedback. We'll have more updates soon.
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
I don't remember most of them
but i agree with #1#2#3 but i would switch 2-3
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
That's fair! To be honest, #2 and #3 were the hardest to decide.
Flag
Jun 25, 2013
Been fighting over this with my brother for weeks. YES. TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR RANKING. Maaaaaaaybe I'd switch #2 and #3, but it's both Moriarty I'll go with it.
I fear for the sanity of anyone who insists that A Scandal in Belgravia is not beyond awesome. I MEAN, IRENE ADLER, I REALLY DON'T NEED TO SAY MORE.
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Glad you're on board with A Scandal in Belgravia. That episode convinced me this show was operating on another level.
Flag
Jun 26, 2013
Totally. It is my favorite BY FAR. I always found Irene Adler the most intriguing character in Conan Doyle's novels, and I was kind of afraid about the characterization in this century and how it would play out. Honestly, it was a kick ass job, writers and actress.
And I'm with you on that too. That episode it is a whole new level, part of why I was a little dissapointed about The Hounds of Baskerville. After an episode like that I was expecting Sherlock to keep sort of working on that new level, but 2x02 is my least favorite. And they went back to pure awesomeness with the finale.
Flag
Staff
Jun 25, 2013
#2!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members