No reason to wait until the 26th in the U.S. Those who have seen it, let's discuss.
Comments (20)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I could probably watch Sherlock & Holmes do just about anything and enjoy it but this 3rd series is definitely different from the first two. The actual case / cases they investigate are completely secondary to the personal story, in this case, Holmes' wedding and the run up to it (and how Sherlock copes with it all which feels kind of 'metro-Sherlock' with the fair amount of analysis of his emotional responses (or lack of). I expect a few people will be disappointed but hey, there is still one last ep which I expect may raise the stakes...
Flag
Are you kidding? This is definitely not what i've waited for 2 freaking years! Goodbye Sherlock! I'll just pretend that you really did die in "Reichenbach Fall"
Flag
Watch the third episode. It's really worth it, and it'll make you look differently at the other two.
Flag
well thank you! already did. just couldn't resist the temtation. what can i say? they really know what buttons to push and when to push them.
you give me some drama AND moriarty back and watch me go happy dancing! that's the formula. though i'm still pissed at them for the first 2 eps but hey whatever it takes right?
Flag
I loved it. Sherlock, John and Mary were great. The case was interesting, although I knew it was the photographer when he took the picture of Sherlock and he dropped the glass. It was emotional, felt bad for Sherlock at the end. It felt much more like Sherlock than the first episode. The first episode was too unfocused.
Flag
At the beginn of the season I thought, they will make Mary a very dislikable person who hates Sherlock. Now she is actually very likable and she seems to get along great with Sherlock.
Then the first two episodes are actually very funny, light and with a great humor factor.

I worry they do this because they go for the biggest shock value in episode 3:
the next episode/the season will end very sad because Mary will get killed :-(
Flag
This episode is definitely going in my top 10 even, top 5. It was very different from what we've been used to. Such sad scene at the end. Anyway i really loved it.
Flag
I haven't been a big fan of Sherlock for some time now, although i still love it, but this episode was just delightful!!! So much fun, character development (i never saw that coming), and an actual mysterious mystery (that was a long time coming).

I loved it!

P.S. "You are not a puzzle solver, you never have been, you are drama queen" How true!
Flag
I loved the 2nd Episode as much as i loved the first. Sure Sherlock is seemingly quite different in this Season but after all i don't think he was always the way we met him in S1 and 2. There must be a reason that he became the way he is/was and that has nothing to do with him having autistic characterisitics as people tend to describe him. From what we got out of the Conversations with Mycroft he was quite different as a child,not less genius but more human and not that self-isolated. Personally i think winning John's friendship brought him back to small Level of his former self and all he did in the last 2 Episode was to prove himself being worth of this friendship. I don't believe that he's really that incapable of normal social behavior he just didn't feel the need to following characteristics which are inefficient for his work....but now he found something that is maybe equally important to his work......HE REALLY CARES, not faking it that doesn't make him OOC that's character develpement.
Flag
Very different episode from what all we've seen of Sherlock so far, but I won't say that I didn't enjoy it. :) More funny than mysterious but entertaining nonetheless! I think Mary is a nicely written character. And I did feel bad for Sherlock, not getting to dance in the end, but that's how Sherlock's life is portrayed to be - sort of lonely after all.
One question, did anyone notice the wedding band in Mycroft's ring finger, the hand he was holding the phone in while he was talking to Sherlock after his workout? He's not supposed to be married, is he? Does Mark Gatiss wear a wedding band, and he forgot to remove it?
Flag
i´ve seen it , too and i think Mark Gatiss forgot to remove his wedding band - Mycroft is single, Mark Gatiss is happily married as far as I 've heard :)

Flag
Yes, he's in a Civil Partnership is what I got from the Wiki page on him. :)
Flag
While I was a huge fan of the return of Sherlock, I found myself going WTF during this second instalment of the 3rd season. However, regardless of my initial scepticism (and some minor boredom) in the end, I enjoyed all of the shenanigans of "The Sign of Three"! We knew it was coming so considering that Watson is no longer a "free man", I think this was well executed!
Flag
WTF??? They are turning a great show into a parody of itself.I usually like the comedy in Sherlock but this was way over the top.The characters are caricatures of themselves and the storylines are like written from the creators of The Hangover.
Flag
Well, it was a good episode of Monk...

Yes, I know Monk borrowed heavily from Holmes, but the interwoven cases that all tied together at the end, and some of the OCD-ish like behavior on Sherlock's part (measuring his drinks and calculating pub tours; calling in his friendly police officer for help and the man overreacting) sure seemed more like a Monk episode.
Flag
I loved it SOOO MUUUCH. Sorry. I'll try not to gush too much. But watching the episode was so much FUN! That's what it was - a very fun (and moving) episode. I don't think it really aspired to be anything more. And it didn't need to.

It's such a pity that there are only 3 episodes, because I doubt that there would be any complaining (and there will be) about "The Sign of Three" and "The Empty Hearse" - Are they pandering to the fanbase - Yes, very much so. Would it be a problem if there was more time for both - funny, moving episodes and plot driven ones? I doubt it.

I still feel some of the disappointment left over from "The Empty Hearse" - I liked it (a lot), but that doesn't change the fact that it focused maybe a bit too much on Sherlock's reappearance in John's life and not enough on an interesting case. Both aspects are important, and "The Sign of Three" skewed the balance even more in favour of the Sherlock-John(and now Mary) relationship - but the trailer for "His Last Vow" seems promising. And maybe they'll stop jumping aroung so much - you almost get whiplash from the constant jumping through scenes and situations.

Things worth mentioning about "The Sign of Three" - It was Fantastic. Mary's fantastically written. And THE SPEECH. Oh GOD. First I cringed. Then I laughed, because only Sherlock yould be this inept at giving a Best Man's Speech. Then of course he took my heart and turned it to total mush and I cried... and laughed again. And turned totally misty eyed again at Sherlock's "Did I do something wrong?" when everybody was crying and then applauding.

More+
Flag

I like the way they have written Mary, she has seamlessly added to the dynamic.

I thought this was an improvement on the first episode, it felt a lot less uneven

Flag
I guess they make Mary so likable and the first 2 episodes so funny, because they will kill her in a very sad episode 3 :-(
Flag
I agree. With the screencap as well as with your assessment of the epsiode.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members