As in last weeks discussion post by Gislef, we have no reason to wait until "The Sign of Three" is shown in the US and seen by staff. Those who have seen it, let's discuss!

Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Having been fortunate enough to be in london and have access to iplayer, i loved this episode! Considering "how i met your mother" is dragging the bulk, if not all, of season 9 to the wedding, I couldn't help but wonder how would it be like if they did something like this. I mean really, you got bits that tied together perfectly in 90 minutes. What i love about mary is... well I just love her john watson and it shows how much martin freeman and amanda abington enjoy working together.
Flag
I loved every millisecond of this episode. Made me cry and made me laugh so hard I cried! Such great classic Sherlock moments, while also showing the softer, emotional, transformed Sherlock that has progressed over the last few seasons. I know a lot of people aren't liking the new format, honestly I don't mind it. I'm still drawn in the entire episode - but that could be attributed to Cumberbatch and Freeman being absolutely phenomenal all the time.

I think the 3rd episode will tie back into the end of the 1st episode when Mary, John and Sherlock were being spied on while they were dragging John out of the burning pile. I think Mary will unfortunately get caught in the cross hairs of whomever is after Sherlock (I'm assuming it's Sherlock). I really hope I'm wrong, along with everyone else who thinks Mary won't be around for long. I was hesitant she nI knew a new love interest was coming in for John that wasn't going to be a one and done, but I love Mary's addition - she gets John and Sherlock and "John and Sherlock." I also think "The Woman" will return. We saw a glimpse of her in Sherlock's head, but I think she'll return in full form.
More+
Flag
I think Watson is going to be a widower soon. Just a strong feeling I got to the end of the episode.
And just like the off switch on a bomb I had severe problems with the possibility of STABBING people and they don't feel it because of what...? A belt? Maybe that's just me then.
Flag
Better than the first one, and with very cute moments!
Flag
Sherlock's speech was pretty emotional and in some way still appropriate for him.
Flag
yah i agree, it was a very sherlockian speech. lol
Flag
Staff
I thought this was a really poignant episode. I loved getting to see the wedding & man, his best man speech! Tears! Great how they weaved in the cases to the wedding storyline.
Flag
I might be a scrub in asking this, but is this the last season of Sherlock. Everything seems to be winding down. Here's hoping the mystery glasses guy is a season 5/6 story arch
Flag
Its not. moffat's confirmed a season four and bbc's pushing it to be in christmas of 2014
Flag
I thought the same exact thing at the end of the episode. I hope not. It's sad, it either feels like it's winding down to the happily ever after end or that something horrible is going to happen (most likely to Mary). Ugh!!!!!!
Flag
Staff
I would bet on something horrible happening.
Flag
Staff
I hope not!
Flag
neither do I
Flag
Well, it's supposed to end on a cliffhanger and Gatiss and Moffatt said they'd already mapped out series 4... But there hasn't been any official confirmation of a series 4 order. That said, I'm pretty sure both Cumberbatch and Freeman were quoted at one point saying they could be doing this forever... so who knows. I don't think that this is going to be the last season.
Flag

I thought it was an improvement on the first episode, with the case being a more integral part of the story.

Flag
The episode had about the same set-up as the first episode: 30 minutes of comedy and then the mix up of the wedding and the crime. It only started to become really Sherlocky in the last fifteen minutes regrettably. I'm still thinking if that's enough.

Who also saw Matt Smith's doctor doing the part of the speech in between the tables when he was trying to figure out who would be the victim?

Overall, I enjoyed watching it but I hope next weeks episode will be the old Sherlock of last season.
Flag
Staff
I do agree, I'm beginning to miss the old format too.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC