It looks like someone important heard your/my prayers that were totally polite and not at all threatening in their request for more Sherlock, because BBC One just released 30 new photos from the show's upcoming third season. I'm not saying it's a [insert your preferred holiday here] miracle, but it might be a [insert your preferred holiday here] miracle! 

There's plenty to look at and dissect in these photos—like, do you think Watson's mustache was just his way of dealing with his grief over Sherlock's apparent death? Because it looks like he shaved it once he discovered his BFF and former flatmate didn't actually die and has just been hiding out, playing the violin, and eating a lot of cronuts for a couple of years. Let's also chat for a moment about Mary Morstan (Amanda Abbington), Watson's new lady friend. Do you think she liked the mustache? Or do you think she's throwing parties to celebrate Watson's upper lip's newfound freedom? Either way, after studying these new images and watching the latest Season 3 teaser, I'm pretty certain Watson punches Sherlock at their first meeting. Whether or not it's because Sherlock has insulted the mustache remains to be seen.

What do you think of these new photos? Are you excited for January 19? What's the final verdict on Watson's mustache? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/12/2014

Season 3 : Episode 3

24 Comments
Comments (23)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Haha without, I'm sure that will eventuate :P
Flag
The mustache is horrendous. These new photos, however, are wonderful.
Flag
apparently it's already been dubbed 'the Mournstache'
Flag
Ahh yes :D I saw that on tumblr. Did you see Sherlock's reaction to it in the new trailer that's been released? It's quite priceless
Flag
Oh boy, 3 more episodes, yay.

Flag
I prefer this version to elementary. Mainly because of the graphical interface when he analyzes stuff and also cause john whatson is male and not female(don't mean to sound sexist).
Flag
Really? Seriously? Why don't you all watch the Jeremy Brett version?

It's much, much, much, much, much, much, much, MUCH better.
Flag
Oh hell yes! Watson must have punched Sherlock on his arrival to this restaurant from the first teaser trailer. There is this photo of Sherlock in suit and crisp white shirt, with bow-tie lying on the floor. That must be Watson's emotional response to his friend's resurrection :) It's been worth waiting, although I had my moments when I thought that BBC will abandon Sherlock.
Flag
I hate the mustache.
Flag
I love how much talk "the mustache" has recieved. In case you were wondering I am on team "hate the mustache get rid of it now"
Flag
Funny - I just posted a list of my 10 favorite all time shows and now seeing this makes me realize this version of Sherlock is easily in my top 15. Cumberbund Bendersnatch is absolutely perfect in this role. As is Martin Freeman. Just so much incredible chemistry.
Flag
Staff
Moustache.
Flag
Movember has now ended so that is the key plot line of why he had it and shaves it.
Flag
Staff
Movember ended, I still have mine. Lol. Moustache!
Flag
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might die!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members