Sherlock Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: The Hounds of Baskerville (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 1/8/12 episode "The Hounds of Baskerville" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

annpo

[2]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    I really enjoyed this episode, but it wasn't as well written as the first of the season - that was brilliant from start to finish. This one I guessed the 'baddie' within 10 seconds of first seeing him - really pretty obvious, and by his second appearance they might as well have tattooed 'baddie' to his forehead. But I enjoyed the new treatment of the old tale - that was very different and believable - 21st century believable. ;D

I have to keep reminding myself that this is Sherlock in the 21st century - because it still has the essence of 19th century Holmes. In that, the producers have done an amazing job.

Kudos to all involved with the show actually, production, direction, writing (particularly) and acting. All a cut above - but then, it's an english production isn't it? Says it all really.

ACDiNosey

[3]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 28
    I agree, this episode was rather predictable after the excellent Scandal in Belgravia but enjoyable nonetheless...
    After last week's episode, it is nice to see that the writers have pursued with the exploration of Sherlock's "social/sensitive" side by exploring his friendship with Watson.

D-syfer

[4]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 10
    I love this episode. It was brilliant. And the directing was awesome. I really like the part where Sherlock is in his Mind Palace. And the development of Sherlock's humanity also comes to play, and this was evident with his friendship with John.

I just have some issues with Sherlock experimenting on John, but still I loved it.

silverscreenluv

[5]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 5

I thought it was a fun episode, but probably the weakest after The Blind Banker. But being one of the worst episodes of one of the best shows isn't all that bad.

Did anyone else feel like they were watching Being Human after that scene right before the credit sequence, lol? I can't count the number of times there's been a reveal of him alone in a remote location like that. Although, minus the clothes.

pcdsa

[6]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 12
    I agree this episode was the weakest so far after The Blind Baker. 60 mins would have been better. But it was good to see a refresh of the story. The best bits were between Sherlock and John and when Sherlock said Lestrade was using an alias after John called him Greg...

dpebbleson

[7]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 23
    I'm quite new to the show but have thoroughly enjoyed every episode of it. I liked this episode very much, and Sherlock was very funny behaving like a school kid. I remember reading this book and being bored actually, while this episode (and the show generally) I find very entertaining.

zeencat

[8]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 10

dpebbleson wrote:
    I'm quite new to the show but have thoroughly enjoyed every episode of it. I liked this episode very much, and Sherlock was very funny behaving like a school kid. I remember reading this book and being bored actually, while this episode (and the show generally) I find very entertaining.
    Why am I not surprised to see your in here. Glad you took the advise and watched the show. This was a great episode.

And a few other faces or pennames that I'm familiar with. Hello guys.

Edited on 01/15/2012 5:07pm

Kudorigami

[9]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 5
    I enjoyed this episode as well. I liked the plausible explanation for the dog and such. I kept thinking 'they're not really going to introduce a genetically manipulated dog, right? -_-'.
    The banter between Watson and Sherlock was also great.

dpebbleson

[10]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    zeencat wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    Why am I not surprised to see your in here. Glad you took the advise and watched the show. This was a great episode.

And a few other faces or pennames that I'm familiar with. Hello guys.

Hello! You know I always take your advice, so far you haven't failed me

supernaturalFTW

[11]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 2
    idk why people think this episode was bad. i rly liked it. the only thing i dont get is: WHY was the killer there??

there was absolutely no reason for him to be there. sherlock said the poison was released by pressure detectors. there was absolutely no reason for him to be there unless he wanted to get caught