Sherlock Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: The Reichenbach Fall (possible spoilers)

AngryMcBeaver

[22]May 21, 2012
    • level: 2
    How did Sherlock know ahead of time that he'd have to fake his own death? I will not accept "He's smart" as an answer. Being smart doesn't mean you can predict the future.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sherlocked

[23]May 30, 2012

thechosenonecj wrote:

Really enjoyed it. Think we all knew he wasn't going to die though

The first time I saw it, I couldn't look at the screen after SH fell from the building. But in the cemetery, looking at his gravestone, the channel 13 logo was superimposed on the gravestone which then made me realize that Sherlock wasn't dead. Also, when other actors portrayed this episode, they always came back after the big fall.

Sherlocked

[24]May 30, 2012

Sp3kkie wrote:

Spoilers

The second thing is, Moriarty said that they only would stop if Sherlock jumped. Oke, I can believe that, but how do they all know if he jumped or not and when to kill the friends?

You know the app that JM tapped on his iphone while breaking into the crown jewels? Maybe the assassin who had his gun trained on John Watson also had an app used to communicate with the other assassins.

Edited on 05/30/2012 4:09pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Sherlocked

[25]May 30, 2012

You know the app that JM tapped on his iphone while breaking into the crown jewels? Maybe the assassin who had his gun trained on John Watson also had an app used to communicate with the other assassins.

Edited on 05/30/2012 3:52pm

Sherlocked

[26]May 30, 2012

What about when John Watson tried to get Sherlock's pulse? I haven't seen the episode enough times to see who's hand was where. Was someone's hand deliberately over Sherlock's wrist so that John Watson couldn't get to his pulse?

Sherlocked

[27]May 30, 2012

AngryMcBeaver wrote:
    How did Sherlock know ahead of time that he'd have to fake his own death? I will not accept "He's smart" as an answer. Being smart doesn't mean you can predict the future.
    I'll add my 2 cents even though another poster addressed this before you asked the question! Throughout the episode Moriarity (or is it Moriarty) was dropping hints at what would happen. JM mentions a fall. SH is shown having an 'aha moment' when realizes what JM means. Then he gets Molly Hooper to help him.

Sherlocked

[28]May 30, 2012

I had never heard of Benedict Cumberbatch until I saw him in Sherlock Holmes. I think he looks better as Sherlock than he does in real llife, but that's probably because I only got to know the character with the face. I think BC looks better with brown hair than blond hair. Anyway, it's amazing how BC portrays SH. I really like SH personality, subtle facial expressions, humor and movement. I can't even watch another Sherlock. It's just not the same. And now I learn there will only be three episodes for the year. Why?! This series is destined for great things! It seems as if BC was born for this part. No movie that the actors are involved in could be as good as this series! A Sherlock movie must be made! With sequels! Lots of money to be made there! We want Sherlock!

supernaturalFTW

[29]Jun 17, 2012

MarcSzubert wrote:

Here is what i thinkhappened. In the scene were Sherlock jumps off the roof u can see there is a truck rite beside the sidewalk were the body is found. as Watson is walking toward the body you can see the truck starting to leave. You can also see that the truck had padding in it. IbelieveSherlock jumped into it and had a fake double. We know he is able to create doubles because he did it for the women back in episode 1 season 2.

Now on to Moriarty. He is dead. At thebringingof the episode, Moriarty tellsSherlockthe story of the musician and his son, later Sherlock explains that Moriarty does everything for a reason. I think the reason Moriarty toldSherlockthis story was because he was hinting at the fact that a person who he considers his father would be the one to complete the game should he fail. This leads to the I.O.U. I think this means that Moriarty ows his father, Who's first name starts with a U,Sherlock'sfall.Whenthey were talking on the roofSherlockwas able to get out of jumping thus meaning M failed and so he killed himself. Another thing i caught on was when Sherlock wastalkingabout the perfect lies have hints of truth. I think Moriarty is rely the actor Rick like he said he was and he was hired by the real M to try and trick Sherlock. Him being an actor also explains all the theatrical things he does during his crimes for the real M. We also never see anyone elseaddressMoriarty in person. Sherlock is the only one who has seen the Rick acting as the real M.

i absolutely love this theory. any1 else agree? the realJim Moriarty could of just hired a somewhat mental actor to play as him. like i feel thisJim Moriarty was so out of character in contrast to the Prof.James Moriarty from the movie that it fits. this wayMoriarty is still alive and still the big bad and he is a rly good big bad

FredrikDinhN

[30]Jan 6, 2013
    • level: 3

These graphics are a pretty well-presented and interesting take on how Sherlock managed his fall.

http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/16308384121/hey-sherlockians-want-to-play-a-game-a-slightly

MoniekR

[31]Jan 7, 2013
    • level: 1

I didn't read all the comments here but my brain had a little idea when Sp3kkie mentioned that he thought the biker that knocked over Watson on the street had something to do with it. That is exactly what I thougt and now I'm thinking: Could it have something to do with the drug from 'Hound of Baskerville'?? That Watson saw what he feared to see: Sherlock dead on the pavement??

I have no idea as to how he would have pulled it off but hey, it's just that kind of show..

Super_Dooper

[32]May 29, 2013
    • level: 15
    FredrikDinhN wrote:

These graphics are a pretty well-presented and interesting take on how Sherlock managed his fall.

http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/16308384121/hey-sherlockians-want-to-play-a-game-a-slightly

This is pretty solid.