Sherlock Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBCBetween Seasons

Official Series 3 News, Spoilers, Speculation, etc. thread (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 102
    Please post all news, spoilers, speculation, theories, on-line polls, article links, etc., for Series 3+ in this thread.

Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elenasmg

[2]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 2

Series three will air at the earliest in the beginning of 2013 according to an article published by the BBC the day after the last episodes of season 2 was aired in the UK.

Here's the link to the article:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16573066.

It's unfortunate that we have to wait one whole year for three episodes, but at the same time, they are so good that it really is worth it.

A great show!

legendofkoss

[3]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 7

This show is just too good, if they were allowed to show more than three episodes a year they would bankrupt all the major TV companies out there with this awesomeness.

Extispex

[4]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 14

legendofkoss wrote:

This show is just too good, if they were allowed to show more than three episodes a year they would bankrupt all the major TV companies out there with this awesomeness.

Sorry, I was trying to click the Like-button.

Edited on 02/27/2012 1:53pm

itscompton

[5]May 6, 2012

After watching both the first and second series I'm hooked! I can't believe they only make three episodes of this amazing show a year. I read the article above which confirms a third series and let me just say I really hope that they give us more episodes in that third runas well.

camelotkitty12

[6]May 12, 2012
    • level: 5

itscompton wrote:

After watching both the first and second series I'm hooked! I can't believe they only make three episodes of this amazing show a year. I read the article above which confirms a third series and let me just say I really hope that they give us more episodes in that third runas well.

Yeah, Merlin and Dr who make 13 eps, so why can't sherlock do the same? I read somewhere that the writers didn't want to do hour long eps, cos then it wud show dull and boring. but, I don't think so!!I'm hooked and would watch this show till the end of time.

spoilers---are there any spoilers?I haven't seen any yet.

CiaraPearson

[7]May 15, 2012
    • level: 4

camelotkitty12 wrote:

itscompton wrote:

Yeah, Merlin and Dr who make 13 eps, so why can't sherlock do the same? I read somewhere that the writers didn't want to do hour long eps, cos then it wud show dull and boring. but, I don't think so!!I'm hooked and would watch this show till the end of time.

I think that if there were more episodes the quality would go way down. Think just how much work goes into making each of the three the same length as a film. I'd rather wait a long time for three movie-length fantastic episodes than get a bunch of less awesome episodes.

mrsquinto

[8]May 24, 2012
    • level: 9

Extispex wrote:

legendofkoss wrote:

Sorry, I was trying to click the Like-button.

LOL, So was I! Couldn't agree with you more. This show is so unbelievably good! and, as Mr Cumberbatch said it himself - they are 2hour episodes so really - it's like watching 6 normal-length ones But at the same time the facet that they are more like a movie helps to tell the story better.

Aaaaand now I have to re-watch them all again. and again. and again.

JasmineHR

[9]May 26, 2012
    • level: 35
    Early 2013? YES! Thank goodness they're not going to make us wait a year and a half again! That was torture!

Extispex

[10]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 14

camelotkitty12 wrote:

itscompton wrote:

Actually, the show was supposed to be six, one hour episodes each season. BBC loved the show, but wanted the 90 minute format instead. If you get hold of the DVD set you can see the pilot of "A study in Pink", which is one hour long. The plan is to start filming in January 2013, so the third season will probably be televised in the fall next year

The first episode of season three will be based on "The Adventure of the Empty House", which is the story in which Sherlock Holmes reappears after his "death". The good doctor Watson actually faints from the shock in the book. I'm looking forward to see how that plays out on the show

Edited on 06/29/2012 3:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

morinl

[11]Jan 6, 2013

Heard that Sherlock won't start filming again till the spring. Martin and Ben are too busy with the hobbit. Season 3 won't come out till late 2013. Wish they had more than just 3 episodes per season. There should be at least 6. I also heard that season 3 might be the last.