Sherlock

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Premiered Jul 25, 2010 Returning 2015

Gislef

Sherlock Fan Reviews (85)

• Funny, smart, great characters, just makes you smile.

This is a original show, not as in the concept is all new, but the pacing, the way sherlock thinks is amazing. The characters are intriguing and interesting especially sherlock. There has not been a bad or boring episode, a must watch.
  • Almost Perfect

Loses two points only because of professor Moriarty. Although the action is transferred in modern England, the concept, the main characters and even the cases are in perfect accordance with Doyle's books. And then, someone came up with the idea to present an ingenious master villain archetype as a ridiculous psychopath. It's painful to even listen to him talking.

Apart from that, the show is amazing, in every aspect. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are ideal as Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, the plot is great, even the music is fantastic. Well done!
  • Perfect Show

This show just amazing, I wish they were longer series.

But as the stars of the show say don't forget each episode is Movie length.

I t's more than that each show is so polished and original, with so much going on and superb acting , each show feels like a movie, I can't wait for the next one.
  • WWWWOOOOWWWW

Cannot wait for season 4
  • Returning 2015 or 2016?

There have been 2 years in between seasons until now?
  • One of the greatest shows I have ever seen

I accidently stumbled upon this show on Netflix the other night and now I completely understand all the fuzz about that Benedict Cumberbatch fellow; He is simply amazing as Sherlock. The show is so well written, clever and witty, that it is hard to comprehend.

I warn you, if you watch the first episode, be sure you have the time to watch the other episodes as well, you will be yearning for it. I definitely got a new, serious addiction!

• The Sign of Three - Great

The series is far better than any American TV currently available. The Sign of Three was one of the best shows in the series and my wife and I look forward to watching this again. Something that we don't normally do. Bravo to Masterpiece!
  • Better than Elementary

I like elementary but there is a better bond and more humor in this show.
  • Robert and Jude who?

Benedict and Martin are easily the best Holmes and Watson in recent history, 100 times better than Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law from the 2 movies. Show is wonderfully written and acted by everybody. Best show on BBC. Doctor Who doesn't have anything on this.
  • A clever, well-written, really good TV show with good actors

Such a wonderful show! I hope new series will come soon!
  • A sleuth in pursuit of perfection!

This series has made me read books for the first time - the sherlock books by Arthur Conan Doyle. I even imagine the same faces while reading them. True Detective deals with reality but lacks this series' stellar script.
  • The Comsummate Show

This is the best series I've ever watched! It is brilliantly cast, the sets and costumes are tastefully underdone and the writing is stellar. I hope this series continues forever!!!!
  • A BLOODY MASTERPIECE!

This TV show has everything - amazing acting, great story-line, beautiful directing... What I like the most is that there is actually no need for cliff-hangers as a way to compel people into coming back. Each and every episode is pure perfection and it's exactly that what has you hooked.

And one more thing... Music! I can't tell you how happy I am that a present day high production TV show doesn't use cheesy pop/rock/whatever songs as background. Sherlock has these beautiful melodies that almost feel cinematic like a cherry on top.

Absolutely gorgeous show that should be on everyone's 'must see' or even 'favorite' list regardless of their usual preferences.

• It has its ups and downs

But in the bottom line, it's a great crime series.
  • Best TV Series I've ever watched

After watching many Holmes related shows, I wasn't sure about starting a new one. But Sherlock is nowhere near any other TV-Series. It's just lonely on the top. The storyline is very well adapted to 21st century Britain and the cast is just brilliant. The secret ingredient that makes Sherlock great is Britishness. There is no way you can make a good American Show for a Brit (like Elementary). First Episode of the second season is probably the best in TV-History.
  • New Favorite Show - Smart, Makes me think, Unique Style

Season 2 and up (14)
  • Best Detective

Totally awesome n EPIC!
  • GREAT SHOW

i just became aware of this show and love it; however i wish mr. moffat would do more than just 3 episodes. i'm told this is how it's done in england. come on mr. moffat,,do it like us americans and give us atleat 6 episods at a time.
  • A really good must see!! Alternative for Elementary :)

I was watching Elementary to begin with but a friend told me about Sherlock. As a show and a Sherlock Holmes character compared to Elementary is a lot better and the production quality over all is much better

but the downside is that it sometimes stretches the story too long coase of the one and a half hour episode and the 3 episodes per season only so for the two above reasons only i give it a 9 out of 10 but over all amazing show it is a must watch :)
  • Best Show on TV

No TV show or film keeps you locked to the screen like Sherlock does. The 90 minutes fly by leaving you with a sense of wonder and fulfillment. Watching Sherlock fight with his own self to be the friend that Watson needs, sometimes getting it right but more than not failing is fascinating to watch, and this is before you get to the wonderfully intricate storytelling and character development.

The show is rarely predictable, often funny and always thoroughly watchable, a proper modern day Holmes... bring on the next season
  • Typical British Silliness

Long episodes with lots of Bla Bla Bla, silly dialogue, stupid content

Is the writer on drugs or has amnesia? suddenly towards the end of each episode; decides to stick and paste contributing facts to solve the case.

Boring Boring Boring

If you like Sherlock Holmes, then watch Elementary. Less nonsense and more suspense!
  • grateful for this coming into my life.

uh ye Sherlock is one of my favourite series at the moment, my friend Taylor got me into Sherlock and I am very grateful for this. I love Moriarty, he is the best person and I want to be him aahaha
  • Need to 'find a replacement' for Sherlock & Watson

Before you attack me or hire Moriarty's henchman to off me, listen first. Benedict Cumberbatch is outstanding and IMHO, the next best Holmes to the legendary Basil Rathbone, that Steven Moffat watched as much as I did.

But as has been noted before, 3 90 min shows every year or two do not make a season or series, and with all the work that Cumberbatch and Freeman have been getting, it is hard to shoot around their schedules. In this past season 3, while certainly not bad, the actors did not have the 'passion' of the past 6 shows.

DownTown Abby shoots about 8-9 shows a season. Merlin shot about 12-13 episodes. With other actors, hopefully well cast unknowns, Sherlock would be an even bigger hit with longer seasons & a great run.

I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before this series comes to an end because the stars are too busy. And yes I saw they will continue but only as long as everyone else does, and that is the escape.

• Sherlock working with our Johnson!

2.5
    A . Judge recently said that the Doyle estate needn't be contacted in order to write stories about Holmes and Watson. I suppose that is why by Season 3 episode 2 Holmes is almost a Woman! He "feels" too much, Talks too much and now can't solve a case without the input of the wife of Dr. Watson.

I admit I was taken in in the first 2 Seasons. Brilliant. I knew it couldn't last though. Not in the 21st Century where Men are emasculated and Women always are more ! It's sad that even the GREAT Sherlock Holmes has lost his, though somewhat useless genatalia for "political correctness" gone amoco in the World! I agree season 3 episode 1 was , sort of Holmesish, but as I said he's lost his PUNCH as the Famous Detective, for me anyway. Why do Females and Men with girlfriends who have their "junk" in a lock box seem to get this chance so often these days to have input on great or even just good stories and always screw them up? . Pretty soon even Superman will have a Vagina!

I am so sad about Holmes and Watson. I am even sadder that a Man can't be a Hero anymore even on TV

Women are characters , like the Robert Crumb ones these days. Big Butts with Men climbing on their backs for comfort. DOn't believe me? Watch ANY television show that is supposed to have a strong male lead and see if there isn't a better, stronger female who has to help the poor old sod out. No wonder boys get in to so much trouble and men can't say with their favorite girl and wind up divorced over 50% of the time. It's a BAD social experiment and the results are definitely IN!
  • Fantasic !

Season premiere was fantastic, but i didn't liked so much S03E02. And best Sherlock for me was Vasily Livanov and Jeremy Brett. Altough i also like Elementary and .
  • No Spoilers...

I watched the premiere of Series 3 this morning. It appears we are not diving in until it airs on BBC America in a couple weeks. God bless BitTorrent and EZTV. All I will say you guys are in for a treat. It is the best of what makes Sherlock the best. Funnier than most of the other episodes. And incredibly emotional. And if you want to be SURE what Sherlock did to survive the of luck. But the way the scenarios are explained are great fun. Can't wait to talk about it with you guys!
  • I AM SHERLOCKED !!!!!!

It's truly an Awesome Show ... Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman really are the best sherlock-watson pair ever Eagerly Waiting for season 3 ! :D
  • Definitely the best

Best show ever!!!!

Best Sherlock I've ever seen.
  • i just can't get enough of these clever twists

i think the writer is working really hard on this and it and he's got a lead actor who's perfect for the job so this show deserves everything, hopefully we'll see more of it
  • A brilliant adaptation of Doyle's story.

The only Sherlock Holmes I had ever liked was the original books or the Jeremy Brett versions so when a friend told me about this version I was a little sceptical. But when I saw how skilfully Steven Moffat had managed to adapt the original storyline and transform it into a modern version I admit I was hooked. Benedict Cumberbatches' acting in the show is also brilliant. The only issue I have ever had with the show is the inhumane wait between season!!