Shigurui: Death Frenzy

WOWOW (ended 2007)

Shigurui: Death Frenzy Fan Reviews (2)

• I hated this show. It seems all about sexualised violence and gore.

I just don't get this show. The motivations of the characters is weak at best. The scenes where women are brutalised and tortured have no point to them. I don't normally mind seeing this stuff but only when there is some point. I think it's some sicko's wet dream.

Come on give us a reason for why this crap keeps happening. And what with his eating her nipple? Why? Why? Why? What does this show?

I must admit thought the actual animations are quiet good. I would have liked to see more action in the fight scenes rather than the montage of stills that that use a lot.
  • This is one of craziest animes ever!

There are no so many animes that get me from first episode! This is one of them. When i saw it for the first time i thought i must be crazy and out of mind to watch it but i was amazed soon of its story. Soon i realized that it looks like Akira Kurosava's early movies like "7 samurai". Perfect "Bushido" orientated story. Full of honor, bravery and good doze of blood, guts and intestines. This was the reason to call this my guilty pleasure! I did not finish it yet but i will as soon as I can. You will not be sorry if you watch this classic for 2007!