Shin Chan

Daily 12:30 AM on Cartoon Network Premiered Aug 19, 2006 In Season

sfskip

Shin Chan Fan Reviews (17)

• This show should be rated TV-MA and put on the Funimation Channel at midnight. It's that bad!

3.2
    Disgusting, immature, and just plain stupid! Why did Adult Swim even bother to put this show on anyway? They took off Trinity Blood and the Boondocks for this? Gosh! The main character (Shin-chan) is a real idiot, and always shows his bare rear end to everybody! What's up with that? Other than that, everyone is a sure turd, and I just want to go into the TV and punch them in the face, or kill them with a chainsaw. The reason why I said in the summary that it should be rated TV-MA is because I saw this one episode about milk(!), and Shin and his dad were going to take a milk bath, and they had their clothes off, but they were completeley naked, showing their pee-pees!! That's just sick; at least pixelate them! This show shouldn't be on at all.
  • A show i've been with from beginning to....end?

I don't know why I even bothered seeing the premiere episode of Adult Swim's newest anime, "Shin Chan", but I did anyways, and I found out that's it's just PURE AWESOMENESS! Uncensored adult jokes, some pop culture references(just enough to satisfy your fill) and some jokes you don't understand but you laugh at anyways because you just laugh. I want this show to keep on going till the end of it's length(basically all 13-14 seasons)and satisfy me till the very end. The "Di1dor" saga is good, but it's staying just right on the edge of losing interest, and I know the dubbers of Shin-Chan can do better than that. LONG LIVE SHIN!
  • Even though the next episode of Shin-Chan is on Adult Swim video I sometimes watch Shin-Chan on Adult Swim video to see witch episode is next. I like Adult Swim better than Cartoon Network.

This is one of the best shows I ever watched since Family Guy and 12 Oz Mouse! It gets better every episode and every season.My favorite season is season 2. One of my favorite episodes segment is Book'Em Shin-o!Crayon Shin-Chan is one of my favorite Anime I ever watched on Cartoon Network on the Adult Swim block.My favorite part on Book'Em Shin-o! is when Shin distracts a person studying on something.At the end of the episode segment the librarian kicks out the person
    who was studying because Shin was distracting the person too much that the person yelled at Shin.
  • A show made in bad taste, crude humor, zany characters, funny situations, and action that's completely off-beat, this show is a winner all around! :!:

While some Japanese people have a warped sense of humor, some American people have a sense of humor that's just as warped and/or maybe even more so! Some critics might have said that it was crazy for anyone to translate their series! And Cartoon Network did translate it, so they Were crazy...crazy like a fox! This show is one of their highest rated anime programs ever, and for a very good reason! Who else but Shin-Chan could take something as simple as dairy overdosing to such extreme, hilarious highs? Who else but Shin-Chan can witness so many extreme personalities clashing against each other in so many entertaining ways? Who else but Shin-Chan can always enjoy the best of everything even during the worst of situations? Who else but Shin-Chan could become buddies with such an odd collection of friends? And who else but Shin-Chan could be a fan of a vulgarly named superhero and make fun of Both the original "Star Wars" movie and "Freaky Friday?" Nobody else in the cartoon universe that I know of, that's for sure! It is because of this show's unique personality, that I can understand how life for some Japanese people (albeit warped Japanese people) just might be like in the land of the rising sun. It might not be accurate, but it sure is funny! :lol: That's why I love this show, because it revels in its own humor! :idea: Enough said! ;)
  • Shin chan manga is founded in 1990 and the anime is founded in 1992, Shinnosuke is a five-year-old with a Butt dance.

I love shin chan becuase he's so funny, Her mother always hit his head and his dad's too (sometimes). He falls in love with girls girls. and her baby sister, Himawari fall in love with some handsome mens like her mother and she loves something shiny.
    first english of Shin chan is on Fox Kids UK (now is on Jetix UK)
    and Second english of shin chan is on Adult Swim US.
    "genkotsu" means hit the head and bump come out. and "guriguri" means noogies.
    he like Action Kamen and buriburizaemon and Robo Kantan
    name "Crayon Shin-chan" and "shin-chan"

I like Shin chan so much, is wacky and funny and make you get wacky.
  • It's about a little kid who has fun everyday running around and being a devotee of Action Bastard, doing his ass-dance along the way.

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen. It contains funny perverted jokes here and there and overall is one of the best animes I have seen.

The animation may not be everyone's favorite, but it will soon become oblivious to you once you get to know this show.

A reason why you may not like this show is because of the little things that are funny. People hate listening in on the script to catch the jokes, and this is what the show is about. If you listen closely to what they say, you'll be laughing the whole way through.

Just, watch a couple episodes... You'll be hooked.
  • This is a show about a rude, annoying boy and his daily life along with other characters.

7.7
    I can see why some people may dislike this show. It may seem quite pointless, they may not like the jokes, and may not like the animation style, but I personally find this show to be somewhat entertaining.
    Shin looks adorable and innocent, but he really isn't. He annoys every adult he possibly can either by being disgusting or acting like a bratty kid. When this show first came on, I loved it. I thought it was very funny. Now, it doesn't seem as humorous. There's just something Shin's character I don't like. The majority of the time, Shin is funny, but sometimes, he just doesn't behave the way a 5-year-old would.
    I still watch the show though. It may be different from the other anime [AS] shows, but it can be entertaining.
  • Perverted Japan

We allow kids acting perverted on kids' cartoon shows in Japan. Same with Magical Taru Ruuto-Kun and Obbochama kun: YouTube - Obocchama-kun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlKmYx141dg
    But gosh these are so fun to watch!!
    Here is a description from WIKI:

Crayon Shin-chan (Kureyon Shinchan) is a Japanese manga and anime series written by Usui. The title is commonly translated as either "Crayon Shin Chan" or "Crayon Shin-Chan" and is sold worldwide. The series follows the antics of five-year-old Shinnosuke Nohara and his parents, neighbors, friends,dog and many others. The series is set in Kasukabe, Saitama Prefecture, Japan. It is called "Crayon Shin-chan" because "crayon" signifies the fact that Shin-chan goes to kindergarten. "Shin-chan" is the affectionate name for the main character.
  • I really like this, haha.

Shin-Chan is a little kid with a dirty mouth. He has a loving mother and a father who is both hillarious and a great dad. Chan also has a little sister who is always making a mess of the house. I'm not exactly sure why I like this show so much. I have only seen a few episodes, but I still love it. I think it may be because I can't find anything wrong with this show. Sure the story lines are dumb and there are not even that many jokes, but I find it very comforting. This is a great show to sit back and watch while sipping on an ice cold beverage. Enjoy.
  • This show is garbage and mind numbing entertaininment.

3.3
    This show has a really bad intelligence level. Its so bad it almost hypnotises you to watch it, like a train wreck you just cant look away. Even the audience of 7 year old boys would be too mature to watch this foolishness. What else is there to say about this kind of junk. Poor production, an animation style that has lost its appeal a decade ago if it ever had one. There is hardly anything enjoyable whatsoever. It's foul, obnoxious and basicaly offensive.
  • Shin-Chan, the story of a swearing kindergarten Japanese boy and his friends and family. Suffice to say, everyone in the show is completely insane...The good kind of insane.

As mentioned in the summary. Crayon Shin-Chan takes place in Japan starring the first son of the Noharu family. And as you can guess, his name is Shin. Shin not only has a knack for swearing and doing other crazy things, he also has a knack for mooning poeple for no reason. His family consists of his drunken father Hiro, who works as a salesman. His crazy mother Mitzi, who stays at home to watch over Hima and do the housework. Once more, Mitzi often beats Hiro up for no reason. Next, Shin's friends. Penny is the only friend of Shin's thats girl who hates Ai, a rich girl that loves Shin. Boo, an odd kid who talks in a non clear voice. Georgie, an adult acting kid who owns stocks and is constatly annoyed with Shin's behavior. And finally, Mosau, the kid who hardly understands what he says. It's clear that once you've been introduced to these and other members of Shin-Chan's world, you'll be hooked with the show.
  • Yes who thought of this that once we will go to watch such a funny serial with such funny characters.

The who has made this serial has really a good sence of humour. All fanily could see the show together and have a lots of fun n a really a good source of complete entertainment. I would like to give 5 stars (*****) to this faboulous show n really believe me you must watch this show if it is provided in ur country!!!!!!!
  • Adult swim suckss bring my shin-chan back

Previous episode: Episode #6
    Episode #6 - Lactose Overdose! / Meet the Parasites / Race for your Life, Georgie Brown Lactose Overdose Mitzi buys ten cartons of milk for Shin to use for a school project which he of course didn't tell her about until the last minute. She doesn't want the milk to go to waste, so she comes up with creative ways to use it up, much to Hiro's disapproval. Finally, Shin comes up with an idea to use the milk to take a bath in, but no one counted on Hima becoming a bit too comfortable in the milk bath. Meet the Parasites The Nohara's neighbors Michi and Yoshirin are struggling with trying to live off their small budget and end up taking advantage of the Nohara family's hospitaliy.. and appliances. Race for Your Life, Georgie Brown After Shin arrives late to meet up with his friends, the group agrees there should be a penalty. Georgie and Shin find themselves in a competition with each other trying not to be the last one to arrive to their destination.
  • [adultswim] bring it back

Shin is another of [Adult Swim]'s Bests. What's not to love about this show? The show is about a kid named Shin-Chan, who goes on adventures with his friends. I wonder if they'll make new episodes. I highly doubt they will. But if they do, i'll be ready. Bring this show back.
  • One Of The Greatest

Well This Is One OF THe Best Shows i ever saw.some people think that it is a adult program but it is not.It just shows how humouristic it can be and also tells us what children think.this story is about a boy named shinchan who just does anything and everything carelessly.He always puts his parents in shame and also gets somew nuckle blows from her mother and you would love too see it.if you want something comedy and entertaining and really really want to laugh and bored from other stupid laughing programs then tune into this I bet You will love this.
  • I saw it in Mexico and now here??!!! I hate this show!! It's not right!!

1.5
    I have been seeing Shin Chan since it was in Mexico for years, so it's not a new show. NOT NEW!!! It's been running for years and in Mexico where I saw it. I actually never liked it. He was more into girls showing skin like girls in bikini, so I thought it was really wrong. Now, it's in [adult swim] and I never thought this happen! God, I hate it!! It's so lame, everything just wrong!!!
  • Hot Da-yum!

I used to be afraid of this show, how ugly it was, how crude the jokes were along with Shin-chan with his pants off. Then they showed it on Adult Swim. Hey, if it's there it couldn't be bad could it? Now I can't stop watching it. The English dubbing sounds so randomized, but from what I've seen from watching fansubs FUNimation seems to have gotten the right actors to match the original Seiyuus. Now, I'm not for "americanization" and messing with the script and all, but at least the people from Duel Masters didn't dub it and I'm enjoying every line being blurted out no matter how non-Japanese it sounds. The show shows some other great humor with its animation, loads of puns, and Shin-chan's acts of adultery and such. After a while you'll get used to the ugliness, just like I did. Now I find Shin-chan to be adorable and anyone with a TV and Cable and should tune in.