Show Me the Money

ABC (ended 2006)

Show Me the Money Fan Reviews (8)

6.2
  • All the elements of a bad game show, but somehow it all pulls together to be very entertaining.

I have to admit, I am a huge fan of William Shatner. No one else seems to enjoy life as much as he does. Even at 75 years old, he keeps himself constantly active, whether it is acting in Boston Legal, riding his horses, and visiting Star Trek conventions. When I heard about "Show Me The Money," I was curious and planned to watch it.

On the surface, everything about this show should annoy me. The contestants, so far, have all been beyond manic. The questions lean towards being way too easy. The rules can get overly complicated (ever Shatner doesn't quite seem to understand how the Killer card works and only tries to explain it when it comes up...which was only once in three episodes). Bad puns like Cashtastic and Shatrific. Eye Candy dancing girls that seem like they would be more comfortable at a strip club than on TV.

But, after watching the first episode, I was surprised to realize that somehow it all worked out to be a guilty pleasure show. Don't get me wrong, the show is definitely flawed, but Shatner does manage to make it all very entertaining. He seems to sympathize with the contestants, and he always looks like he's enjoying himself, even if he isn't always quite sure what he's supposed to do next. Without Shatner (much like Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal), Show Me The Money would probably be pretty unwatchable. With Shatner, you get a nice hour of cotton candy TV.