Shugo Chara! Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2010)

What drew you into Shugo Chara?

ejhickle

[1]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    I have to admit. I didn't start watching Shugo Chara until Buono released Renai Rider. I've been following Hello!Project for years but I didn't actually get to watch the anime that they sang the opening and ending for.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladylibra92

[2]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 24
    I found Shugo Chara by mistake really, I was searching for the anime Ojamajo Doremi and I only found one person with all the videos and she happen to upload Shugo Chara too. I thought the preview looked intresting so I started watching... who knew I'd become so obsessed with it..

SSSJPan

[3]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 5
    I found this show on the popular searches when you enter VeohTV. I saw the show name and decided to click on it(needed a new anime to watch). I looked at the first episode and liked it. Now I just love to watch Shugo Chara and wait impatiently for new subbed episodes.

Love-Hina

[4]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 2
    When i login my Gaiaonline i went to VJ and i saw it in there so i watch it and i start to liked it XD
    when i went to Veoh and login and search it and man there was alot.
    so i watch the episodes.

but one thing i hope it goes to the U.S and i hope FUNmation gets to dub it or ADV Films or Madman? who knows one thing thro i hope 4kids don't get it. i heard that 4kids not good at acting and they put there own things on it. so i hope FUNmation get it

ladylibra92

[5]Apr 19, 2008
    Yea I also hopes that it gets into US, maybe if it's popular enough they'll dub the game too. What kind of anime does FUNmation dub? I've never heard of it before. All I know is that 4kids better not get to dub it.. I'll be pissed.

SSSJPan

[6]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah, the last thing we need is another show ruined by 4kids. I hated what they did to One Piece, the voices were just...just horrible. But Funimation does alot of shows, like DBZ(big fan of it), FMA(If i'm not mistaken) and One Piece now(thank goodness). I'm not entirely sure of what other shows Funi does, but those the main ones i know.
    Edited on 04/19/2008 7:53pm

Love-Hina

[7]Apr 19, 2008
    Well i'm not a U.S. I live in New Zealand and i got alot of anime and mang. well i think that FUNimation is the best they are the ones did Solty Rei that i have and Angelic Layer and others that i have. They are the best well thats what i think. They don't take off the japnese Op and end songs or music off and they all just do is Acting thats all.
    but this girl told me about the 4kids and what they do to anime and this what she said to me:

(Well let's see. Why don't I want 4Kids to dub PPG-Z?

Expect a lot of Japanese names to be changed to English. Most companies do it, though 4Kids come up with some of the worst names imaginable.
    Piss poor voice acting.
    Violence toned down. This doesn't have a lot of violence obviously, but still........
    All references to Japan removed completely.
    The original soundtrack would be replaced with something horrible.
    Either a rap or heavy metal opening. Oye.
    Skipped episodes.
    Scenes removed for no reason at all.
    Honestly, these are the only things I can recall from some of the anime 4Kids has butchered over the years.)

well i think there short be a law for that they short not remove japanese things off.??

ladylibra92

[8]Apr 21, 2008

fun sounds way better than 4kids, i hope that they dub it i really wanna see shugo chara in english

Gohan-10

[9]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    I found it by accident. i was looking for a amv with a certain song and i came aross it. I decided to watch it because i was looking for a new anime. Now i love it!

Baka_Chan

[10]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    I was searching for an anime on tvokay. And Amu caught my eye xD
    Edited on 06/15/2008 3:06am

ladylibra92

[11]Jun 16, 2008
    It seems Shugo Chara was found by most of us on accident.. but I'm pretty sure most of the anime we watch was found that way too.

amuto_fan_1331

[12]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 1

what got me into shugo chara ...

well, i was reallyy into DNAngel at the time , && i was lookingg at amv's for daisuke && riku (my fav couple on that show)

&& i saw an anime mix for the song one in a million

it had DNAngel, card captor sakura, and shugo chara !

when i saw the clips of when ikuto was at amu's door i was likee...that looks kindaa cool !

sooo i started watchingg it !

kindaaa weird !

tvmaniac432

[13]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 3

my friend told me about the show

i didnt try watching it until i was bored

then i fell in love with the humor and characters

tin_min

[14]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 9

I've come across this anime several times surfing through anidb.net, but didn't take it into consideration, thinking it was too childish for me. But once I saw an avatar of Amu & Ikuto, I immediately asked the girl this avatar belonged to, which anime it was from and urged to watch it. Frankly, the main reason to watch this show is Amuto (Amu and Ikuto). Without them it's just not the same

PPG-Katelyn

[15]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 16
    Love-Hina wrote:
    When i login my Gaiaonline i went to VJ and i saw it in there so i watch it and i start to liked it XD when i went to Veoh and login and search it and man there was alot. so i watch the episodes. but one thing i hope it goes to the U.S and i hope FUNmation gets to dub it or ADV Films or Madman? who knows one thing thro i hope 4kids don't get it. i heard that 4kids not good at acting and they put there own things on it. so i hope FUNmation get it
    I defenitly agree with you! 4Kids has ruined almost every one of the anime series they've dubbed and another bad company is Ocean Group. You should see what Ocean Group did to PPGZ. I think it's best to be dubbed by FUNimation, Viz Media or maybe Bandai. Anyway, I'm going back on topic. I found out about the site http://myanimelist.net/ through another tv.com user's journal and I was going threw the site reading about different anime then I discovered 'Shugo Chara!' and I thought it looked so interesting so I started watching it on YouTube and I really enjoy it.

dj_aelita_07734

[16]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    My friend showed me the manga and I thought it was pretty good-then she told me it was a show. I went on Youtube and looked it up-fell in love with it by episode 3.

thehappygirl123

[17]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 6
    I had been reading another manga (which I conveniently forgot the name of), and they made a small allusion to Shugo Chara. Then when my half-sister got me addicted to fanfiction, I saw a lot of crossovers between Gakuen Alice and Shugo Chara. I had no idea what was going on in the crossovers, so I started watching the anime. After the first episode, I was in love. XD

ladylibra92

[18]Jul 16, 2008
    Maybe the manga was Rozen Maiden?

srcappygal

[19]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    well i found it when my freind on youtube made videos of it i thought i was intreasting from the vid {and cuz i saw ikuto in his cat form. i LUV ikuto in his cat form it makes him look so cute! ok...hehehe i luv animes/manga where people turn into animals. mainly cats.} and cheaked it out and ended up luving it.

Love-Hina

[20]Aug 30, 2008
    I say it Shugo Chara! hopefully be the biggest hit i hope.
    I have some picture and i put them on my 021 Mobile looks so cool i love it
    but i hope it comes in english vrey soon.
    and sorry about my spelling.