A Siberia Community
Monday 10:00 PM on NBC
The blurb at the end tonight stated that there's only two more episodes left. They don't seem to be two-hour episodes. I guess I figured that the show had a 13-episode order.

So.. do folks think they can wrap it up in just two episodes?
Comments (6)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I guess I'll need to re-watch this episode because I thought only one of the tribesman had the big feeties. I really wish there was a flicker of hope for this series because anything that goes against UTD is destined for failure. Not saying that UTD is that great a show, either.
They could wrap this show up very easily by having Natalie, Tommy, all the dead people in the research facility, and the tiger come rolling into camp w/ Jonathan Buckley leading the pack. Jonathan could then announce all the remaining contestants (excluding Joyce. of course) are eligible to participate in "Siberia: Isla Nublar" where they will compete to see who can last the longest while being chased by velociraptors, T-Rexes, and Neuman in a jeep,
Flag
They could wrap it up in two episodes but it'll be rushed.
My wild guess on how the mystery is resolved.. the forest they are in now is an area of high electromagnetic energy, similar to the island in Lost. This high EM energy may have attracted or even caused a meteor to crash in that area (similar to the Oceanic flight). The large crater/scorched earth is from the meteor that crashed. This led to a release of large amounts of mutagenic gases/radiation which caused alterations in the local tribe (flipper feet) and some animals (the beast that has been eviscerating people). The released gases also causes the green sky phenomenon every time the sun hits the earth at a certain angle. The sudden weather changes could also be an after effect of these gases.
The russian scientists have been going there to study the effects of the meteor ever since it crashed, explaining the mish mash of old and new tech. Upon the recent discovery of the flipper feet people, they began doing experiments on them. Protecting their members the tribe ambushed and killed the scientists that wanted to experiment on them.
The reality show being set up there was just coincidence and plain bad luck.
I agree Miljan is just nuts.
The skeleton and locket are props the producers set up to freak sabina out. Either that or just like the Island, the forest time travels as well.
More+
Flag
Excellent wrap up!
Flag
Two episodes does seem rather quick. But now that we were introduced to the relatively normal looking people with giant rabbit's feet, I guess two episodes is still enough to close the book on the main plot, but not really explain everything. I figure quite a few of the episode-to-episode mysteries won't be touched on, though.
Flag
Sure, they will be able to wrap it up. But judging by the reveal at the end of this episode, the show is heading towards an anticlimactic ending. I was hoping for something more than rubber boots borrowed from the set of TMNT. On the other hand, knowing that the computer effects on this show are not top of the line, I would not have wanted to see a horde of aliens/mutants looking like pixel mush running around the forest either. So maybe a more human explanation to the mystery works better.

However, hopefully we'll get answers to the more mysterious things that have happened on the show: Why is Miljan hearing voices in his head? What happened to the people who disappeared and died? Who is jamming the radio signals from the producers' camp? Why are the contestants left there like they are bait (e.g. the red button was just a prop)? What happened in the area where it looks like a large meteorite hit the ground? And why does Sabina have a locket that looks exactly like the one she found in the forest?

I've realized that one of the reasons why I like this show is that it's set in Siberia. It would have been easy to send them to the Rocky Mountains, the Canadian wilderness or the Australian outback, but to me those places feel familiar despite being desolate like Siberia. They could have even filmed the show in Hawaii and pretend that it's a remote Lost like island. But saying they are in Siberia is a great move. It is the vastest, most uninhabited place on the planet (excluding the poles). So having a mystery set there just makes it feel extra mysterious, and their predicament more hopeless. If the show was set in, for example, Canada, I would expect the contestants to constantly see some random people ride around on ATVs or snowmobiles.

Oh, I almost forgot: the map that Sabina looked at to find the rifle, where did it come from? I don't remember anyone admitting to hiding the rifle or making a map of it. Is this just an editing error; that some scenes have been left out by accident? And after rewatching a few scenes from previous episodes, what did Miljan blackmail Esther with to make her release him when he was tied to the bed (episode seven)? He said that she took something of his/theirs and that he would tell the rest if she didn't release him. But what was it that she took?
More+
Flag
Well, judging by the press release on the last episode, it seems like the "it's all an elaborate psychological experiment" thing is the only viable explanation. Miljan hears voices because Miljan is nuts. The locket could have been faked. That leaves the green sky to (somehow) be explained.

And who the heck has and keeps footage from 1927.

But as I predicted a while back, I'm still not convinced they're going to wrap it up adequately, and it will end on some "Raised more questions than we answered" cliffhanger.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members