A Siberia Community
Monday 10:00 PM on NBC
Discussion
Mar 28, 2014
It isn't looking good.
NBC came out with its summer schedule and this does not seem to have made the cut, unless someone knows they did film a second season and it is waiting to be a replacement from any bombs in the summer or it is just going to be a late season replacement.

I guess, keep me posted if anyone hears anything or if anyone has determined even through fan fiction what the hell was happening.
Discussion
Sep 18, 2013
So is there a 12th episode?
IMDb lists a 12th episode. Now, on newer shows I wouldn't trust IMDB any further than I can throw it. But clearly a) the "finale" didn't end on much of a cliffhanger, and b) there were a lot of questions unanswered, some (like the green sky, amnesia, and metal domes) that they seemed to be gearing up for some explanations.

Now, IMDb lists the 12th episode as airing on 9/23. But with premieres of The Voice and the new Blacklist, that's clearly not going to happen. So did the Royal spawn preemption a few weeks ago cost us the chance to see the 12th and final/finale episode? Will it be released on DVD along with the rest of the series, if it is released?

Inquiring minds want to know. Anyone got Matthew Arnold's number...? Well, actually he has a Facebook page, so I posted ...Read more
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Siberia

Join in on the Siberia general show discussion.

Discussion
Sep 17, 2013
"...Into the Oven" Review - September 17, 2013
"And then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing."

And so ends a season (and a show?) which was probably doomed to failure, put up against the summer juggernaut Under the Dome. And preempted one night. The question of course is, was this the intended end? Did they cut it two episodes short to get it off the air before the fall Monday premieres began? Why else the weird 11-episode order, when supposedly it initially had a 13-episode order?

Because pretty much nothing was explained, and it sure seems like they were two episodes short of a finale.

Meanwhile, the rest of the show was mini-aborted payoffs. Irene gets in a minefield, but she's fine (liked the poking at stereotypical "he stepped on a mine" scenes in movies and TV). Russian soldiers have captured us: oh, no ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 17, 2013
Finale thoughts...
We've all seen cliffhanger season finales before, but this seemed to just cut off mid-scene.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed this entire season, up to and including tonight's finale ... but now I'm dying to know what happens next. Which is sign of a successful cliffhanger, true, but I'd hate to have another 'The Glades' situation on my hands.

I've been searching online, and maybe I missed it, but do we know yet if Siberia will be back next year?

Personally, I hope so, I'd even like to purchase the DVD (if it comes out), but with such an unfinished ending I'd have to know the show was coming back. Otherwise, it would be pointless to rewatch this, as enjoyable as I found it.
Discussion
Sep 11, 2013
"Strange Bedfellows" Review - September 10, 2013
Russian to the Ending?

Well, we get some answers, and not four episodes too soon!

As has been the pattern for the last two weeks, we alternate between the two teams, one at the abandoned research center and the other formerly at the settlement, now captives of the Evenki. Sort of.

This time the settlement/Evenki team found out more secrets. The group at the research center basically tottered around, set up an antenna, shared a few of Joyce's weepy moments, and made contract with the rescue team (or is it? bwah-hah-hah!). They found another revealer box, but since the other group already found out their revealer box was a Skinner box, nothing really new learned here.

So, that leaves us with the Evenki team. Nobody seemed at all curious about the odd-shaped shoes seen at the end of the last episode, until the last few minutes of this ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 03, 2013
"One by One" Review - September 2, 2013
Miljan: Nothing happens here by accident. Everything happens for a reason.

I think we all agree with that. Clearly there's an end game here. But I'm not convinced that it's going to add up to more than a cliffhanger for an aborted one-season series with a lot of unanswered questions.

But there's another article discussion thread here about that. Let's look at what we've got here.

The traveling group got settled in at the research center. The exploration of the base was an odd combination of suspense, investigation, and disinterest. Yes, them moving around in the dark and slowly making progress to getting the power on and access to the computers was kind of spooky and interesting. But there were a lot of unanswered questions that it seems like the characters should be asking. Like... how did all the staff members die? Why was ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 03, 2013
So, only two more episodes left...?
The blurb at the end tonight stated that there's only two more episodes left. They don't seem to be two-hour episodes. I guess I figured that the show had a 13-episode order.

So.. do folks think they can wrap it up in just two episodes?
Discussion
Aug 27, 2013
"A Gathering Fog" Review - 8/26/13
We're walking, we're walking...

That basically sums it up. The groups did a little bit of climbing, and a little bit of burying, but mostly they walked a whole lot.

That's not to say that nothing happened while they were walking. First we found out the fate of Natalie. Yay! I knew her simply leaving in the helicopter hospital was too convenient.

I missed neither Irene nor Miljan. Irene has been kind of boring since she went from Zen archer to wounded dove. Miljan, a little goes a long way and a week or two off wouldn't hurt.

As I noted elsewhere, one thing you have to say about the mostly unknown actors on Siberia. They put everything they've go into acting, bless their little hearts. Sabina's speech was well done, Sam acting as the "go on without me" martyr was good, Johnny was ...Read more
Discussion
Aug 20, 2013
"First Snow" Review - 8/19/13
As we reach the halfway point in the first (last?) season), this episode was cold. Very cold. It looked cold. Like "The Grey"/Liam Neeson cold. Poor Sam in particularly looked like he was turning into ice even before he got frostbite. Afterward... ugh, a pretty graphic representation (for network TV) of frostbite. Either that, or frostbite is just naturally creepy.

Only one bizarre supernatural occurrence this week, but that was a doozy: summer turns into snow overnight. Fallout from the blast and the green sky, or did they shift through time? Or did time shift back around them?

The directors (two of them-did they split the filming between the two groups?) nicely captured the difference between the group struggling to survive in the wilderness, and the relatively comfortable group back at camp. It'll be even more effective in a week or so the two groups trade positions, comfort-wise ...Read more
Discussion
Aug 15, 2013
Out of the Frying Pan recap - 8/12/13

(Hey, not everyone knows that some shows have recaps, since they're difficult to see on the episode page. So some folks may find this useful, some folks may not care. Enjoy! I can't seem to post this as a story, so into discussino it goes.)

Johnny, Danny, and Joyce arrive at the abandoned producers' camp and discover that there is plenty of food and water lying around. As they gather supplies, Johnny finds a notebook with writer's comments about how they wanted to set up a romance between him and Joyce. Joyce screams for the two men and when they run over, they discover that one of tents is covered in blood. They find no medical supplies for Irene, but they hear a crashing noise coming from a production trailer. When Johnny opens the door, Sabina jump him. When she realizes who he is, she tells them ...

Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 11 Season 1
... Into the Oven
Aired
Episode 10 Season 1
Strange Bedfellows
Aired
Episode 9 Season 1
One by One
Aired
Episode 8 Season 1
A Gathering Fog
Aired
Episode 7 Season 1
First Snow
Aired

When a reality show suddenly turns real the contestants must band together to escape an isolated land with a mysterious past.