"Susie"

agent_0042

[1]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 66
    I don't like this show and one thing that bothers me about it is how Sid and his friends all refer to their teacher by her first name, Susie. Now maybe she asked them to call her that, but it still doesn't sit right with me. When I was in school, the only time I was ever allowed to call a teacher by his or her first name was when I got to college. Before then it was always "Mr.," "Mrs." or "Ms." And every time I hear them say "Susie," I cringe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MarthaFan2

[2]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 11
    Is it realy that disturbing to you.

YeOldOne

[3]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 10
    It certainly would be to me as well.

Find that about the show will reject it for my grandkids.

-- Bob.

jafar657

[4]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 1

I realize you wrote this several months ago, but I hope you are reading this anyway. Two years ago my wife and I sent our, now first grade, son to Head Start. For those of you who do not know, Head Start is a preschool. Anyway, all of the teachers there do exactly what Miss Susie does on Sid the Science Kid. They allow the children to call them Mrs., Mr. or Miss and then their last name because it allows the students form a closer association with the teacher. There is nothing wrong with that and the fact that it makes you cringe simply tells me that you are a very close-minded individual who is not open to new ways of teaching or learning.

r10tp00f

[5]Oct 26, 2010
    • level: 7

The original post is hilarious. It actually made me laugh some. Wow, I honestly can't believe how uptight and weird some people are. The original poster has some issues. This is a great kid's show! My daughter loves it

HappyDaddy

[6]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 1

Is that where they're learning the disrespect? Why do parents let their little ----- get away with it?