Side Order of Life

Lifetime (ended 2007)

Side Order of Life Fan Reviews (15)

7.9
  • SÝde order of life is an adorable show.

I have just started watching Side order of life and I loved it. Although I saw just a couple of episodes, I know that it will go well as it started. There are very adorable characters like Vivy who is the best friend of Jenny. Vivy is a person who is sociable and have a lot of friends, she loves living but She has cancer. After Jenny learned that Vivy has cancer, her life changes, too. Its story is very sincere and I loved everything about this show, especially Jenny's job as a photographer gives us a chance to see other people's lives and how Jenny sees them.
  • It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G :(

I love this show so much that I never thought in a million years that they would cancel it after only one season . Everything was perfect in "side order of life" and i mean EVERYTHING. Every episode I watch, I always end up crying my eyes off. And until the next episode airs, i keep telling myself there's no way I'll cry this time as well, but i still do. Anyway this isn't a praise section. I'll have to review sometime :) The first thing that i appreciated was the background and lighting. It was always so perfect and well-polished. And there's also their fashion sense which was always top notch. And most of all, the stories. The people that jenny helped out throughout the episodes each touched my heart especially the one with the woman who thought her husband was abducted by aliens and jenny brings them back together by making them talk on the phone although the husband was actually in the next room (my eyes are tearing even when I'm writing this). And also The cell-phone guy story was romantic and funny in a way. I really hope they would bring it back.
  • I love Side Order Of Life...thank you LIFETIME!

Side Order of Life had me from the beginning. Cell phone man was definately an attention getter for me. The fact that something like that could happen in life and probably has for someone out there kept a hopeless romantic relying on fate and sitting on the edge of her seat waiting to see what happens. And the story line with Vivy dealing with cancer and what it means to be and have a friend with the disease adds a dose of reality to the show. It adds adventure as well as reality in an enjoyable show. Right on Lifetime! Please bring the show back!
  • The best show on the air!

This is my favorite TV Show. I look forward to many seasons to come. All of the characters are so likeable and the relationships are evolving before our eyes. I only hope this show will stay on for several years. I have been telling all
    of my friends to watch it so hopefully the fans will keep it on the air. Seeing actors from other series morph in to these characters has been fun. They all seem to be enjoying their new show as much as the viewers. Bringing on Stephen Weber was brilliant, too.
    Keep up the good work! Juney
  • I have throughly enjoyed Side Order of Life!!

However, I am saddened that the season has come to a close. I adored the season finale, oh my goodness! It was wonderful. I wish Lifetime would put this show on iTunes. I can not wait to see what happens between Jenny and James. Will Vivy continue to try and just be friends with Rick or they take their relationship to the next level. Will Ian marry Becca? I personally think they are moving this way to quickly. Also, just by observing the look on Ian's face when Jenny and James finally found each other was most interesting. I kind of get the feeling that all this moving the relationship along is simple because Jenny has moved on and find someone special and Ian wants some attention. I can not wait for the next season.
  • Love the show and the characters. I look forward to watching it every week. The season finale has me waiting to see when the new season starts!! Please post it somewhere I can find it!

Loved the season finale. The story line keep me interested throughout and I can't wait to see where Jenny and James, cell phone man, will go. I don't see any next season info so I'm hoping there will be a next season. I also love the stories of Vivvy and Rick and Ian and Becca. It's a great format to explore relationships and life and death and very often makes me realize the importance of friends and family in our lives. Jenny's gift is best when it comes out of her photographs! Please put out info on next season's schedule.
  • Love this show just hated the last episode.

I think Side Order of Life is a good show with a great story to tell, but even i was a little dissapointed about the season finale. Why hasnt Cell Phone Man come back yet? Why haven't we seen anything else regarding Jenny's feelings for Ian? This whole episode with the older man really put me off to the whole thing. I hope that when they come back they dont throw an episode together just to fill the time slot as they did with this one. I was very interested at first. Haven't missed a show yet. I am also wondering about Vivi's condition, will she realize that she is stronger than she thinks? Lets see.
  • that is a strong classification but I do look forward to it.

While 'my new best friend' is Not quite true,
    I wanted to express my enjoyment of 5/8ths of each episode.

The sensitivity of the "cell phone man", we'd sure all like to have Someone to Call that would listen, Hear, and Respond like that.

where can I get his # ??

Jenny and Vivy, fun, funny friends, different as can be and Appreciating their differences. Healthy friendship.

Rick and the two girls, Wonderful comraderie !
    Ian and the two girls, Very warm, even in the confusion about Jenny... These characters are All BELIEVable Friends !
    That is my favorite thing about this show.

Thanks a Million Lifetime.
    Keep It On Air
  • I was excited about a show with Jason Prestley. I was sadly disappointed to see that the shows plots and storylines are just recycled ideas from other shows. If your looking for a Lifetime brain turn off, this show is for you.

Plot stealings:
    Good girl thrown into sleazy magazine writing: Suddenly Susan
    Movie star fakes being preganant and has surogate baby: Dirt
    Photographer has delusional hallucinations: Dirt
    Baby speaks: Look who's Talking :)
    Friend dying of cancer: Weeds
    Woman falls in love with someone she doesn't really know: You've Got Mail

Maybe I am being too hard on this show. I did watch it. I'll probably will keep watching it. It is Lifetime. As I said, if you are looking for a turn your brain off "guilty pleasure," Lifetime is the queen of labotomy tv, and this show is for you.
  • It's a pretty good show, great characters.

Well at first I didn’t like really like the show but the second episode was really good so I’m kinda into it now. All the actors are really good and the characters are pretty likeable. I think Jenny is great, I love that she has mini freak-outs all the time. Ian is such a good friend to Vivy and I love that he’s there for her, and he puts up with a lot from Jenny, which has to be hard. I absolutely love Vivy! She is so funny and insightful, but she’s not just there for the comic relief, she has some dramatic moments as well. Rick is also really funny. I love that they are all friends and are there for each other especially when things get tough. It’s fairly early in the season but so far this is proving to be a really good show; but we’ll see how it goes from here. Hopefully it’s great!
  • A pretty great guilty pleasure with an extremely likeable lead, good writing and a fun plot.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS...

"Side Order Of Life" is actually a pretty good show if you give it a chance - considering it's on Lifetime. Now, personally, I kind of like Lifetime (as a guilty pleasure). OK, I know, I know. So-called "intense" movies for women, cheesy writing, C-List celebs. Again, I know. But if you give Lifetime a shot, I think that you might not hate it as much and possibly enjoy it. But this show has some heart and the lead, Jenny (played by Marisa Coughlan) is extremely likeable and a great actress who should be much bigger star than she is. Considering she isn't one, I hope that she will be recognized more from this show. Also, I really like Jenny's best friend Vivie (Diana-Maria Riva) and I think she's a great actress as well. I love the cancer storyline and think that that is the best thing about the show, it's what makes the show dramatic, but not too dramatic that you're depressed. And that's a great thing when a series can do that.

But that said, I have one big problem with the show: They completely underuse Jason Priestley as Jenny's supposedly "unlikeable" fiancee, Ian. I mean, I honestly don't think that Priestley is that good of an actor, because personally the way he talks bothers me and when he acts you can just tell that it's an actor acting and it never feels real (but I did like him on the episodes he was on "Tru Calling"), but I mean he is the biggest star on this show and he's maybe in 15 out of 45 minutes. It just bugged me and, I kind of feel like I should hate Ian because he is an "unlikeable" character, but honestly he's not that unlikeable. He is just the average, straight, conservative, big time money making, self-obsessed annoying man that most people are anyway. So it's like, why should I hate him so much? He's like everyone else and he's not even that annoying.

All in all, I really like this show and find it to be a great guilty pleasure and also a very good show!

Grade: B
  • Really makes you examine your life!

This show really makes you examine your life and how
    Not to make the same mistake twice as young Jenny
    Is about to find out the hard way. She thinks that
    She has it all. A blossoming career along with a loving
    Fiance or so she thinks. But she learns from her new
    Best friend that sometimes, she needs to rethink her life and maybe, marriage isn't in the cards for her right now.
    Really the show has proved and point and will get better each and every episode.
  • Magnificent to the soul Jenny is about to marry Ian. But when she discovers Vivi's cancer, learns about true love from a lady with 3 husbands and a lover; and makes a connection with a stranger after dialing a wrong number, she is forced in

This show was magnificent to the soul. It made me examine my life and understand that when I find true love, I must not be afraid of it. I must accept it and try not to run away with my feelings and hurting others in the process. Running away from love because one is afraid of getting hurt is not a reason. It only causes more pain. Side order of Life has forced me into an awakening about the human soul. I hope that whoever else watches this show, shares a connection that allows them to accept fate and change.