Sightings

FOX (ended 1997)

Sightings Fan Reviews (8)

• Sightings started out good, but went downhill from there.

7.9
    This was a great show when it started. It started out devoted to the paranormal and the supernatural using a traditional news format to showcase haunted houses and ghost hunting investigations. If anything, it was probably the first serious program to go traveling through the country and sometimes even the world for real ghost stories even if it had a somewhat static and sterile approach to the stories it depicted. Changing from a half hour to a full hour was an improvement that few shows engaged in. Unfortunately, it suffered greatly for me when it stopped doing ghost stories and and started covering UFOs, cryptid, religous phenomenon and just about everything else. At times, the series devoted too much time to UFOs, or returned too many times to one case file. The show became even more tired when it moved from primetime. When it started resembling a more convoluted version of "Unsolved Mysteries," I think I knew the series was at its end, but if it was remade today to focus on one subject again, I think it could work again.