Simon & Simon

Earth to Stacey

Aired Unknown Feb 09, 1982 on CBS

• The things we do for money

Rick, in dire need of money because the Power Wagon has been repossessed, steals a wealthy client from Myron. Stacey is trying to track down her ex-fiance, but she turns out to be more trouble than she's worth, because of her temper and bad behavior. To make matters worse, it turns out that the entire relationship was created to distract her from the financial dealings of the company she inherited from her father.

Stacey writes them a check to pay for the job, but her check bounces.

It is enjoyable watching Rick continually trying to stretch out the job so that they'll earn more money. He also seems to be the only person who can handle her temper tantrums. Still, even he gets fed up enough to return her to Myron (although the Simons wind up taking her back again). AJ has a fun turn as Burt Tasmanian, producer of "Chainsaw Honeymoon" and other schlock films.

Miscellaneous point:

Lisa Eilbacher (Stacey Wheeler) will show up in the series again.

Rick: Mister, I think I'll call up ol' Ken and see if we can stir up round two. Of course, you know, he's probably gonna want to wait for a week or two, so I was thinking that maybe we ought to wait a couple of days before we even call him. You know, Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

AJ: Hmm. Are you talking about Stacey or your Power Wagon?

Rick and AJ, "Earth to Stacey"