Simon & Simon Forums

CBS (ended 1988)

DVD news

Debala715

[1]May 24, 2006
    • level: 18

Per TV Shows on DVD.com wrote:

News Article from 6/17/2004
    Simon & Simon fans who also enjoy Magnum P.I. will certainly like this news! The 2nd season of Simon & Simon opened with the second half of a two-part story, that concluded a crossover with a Magnum P.I. episode which had aired earlier that night. Morgan Fairchild guest-starred in both parts of the story, as we detailed in our Magnum news post.[br]

Although the Magnum episode, "Ki'I's Don't Lie," was a 3rd-Season episode for Tom Selleck's series, it is being included as part of a special bonus disc in the Sept. 7th release of Magnum, P.I. - The Complete 1st Season. For the first time in 22 years, fans will get to see that episode as orginally broadcast, with the bad guy getting away at the end, and with the chase being taking up in the Simon & Simon episode "Emeralds are Not a Girl's Best Friend". So both parts of the story - "Ki'I's Don't Lie" and the Simon & Simon episode "Emeralds are Not a Girl's Best Friend" - WILL be included on this bonus DVD in the Magnum release (additionally, another two-parter from Magnum's 5th season, guest-starring Sharon Stone, will be included on the bonus disc in the Magnum, P.I. - The Complete 1st Season set).

If you're a huge Simon & Simon fan, and have been on-the-fence about whether or not to buy the Magnum DVDs, then this ought to close the deal for you. Good job, Universal Studios...please think along these lines for the planned DVD releases of The Bionic Woman!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Debala715

[2]May 24, 2006

Per TV Shows on DVD.com wrote:
    TVShowsonDVD.com - News article 5/18/2006

This shouldn't be any surprise to people that have watched the "Great 80s TV Flashback" featurette on numerous Universal TV releases, but Simon & Simon is heading to DVD. We've heard from a reliable retail source that Universal is prepping the show for a September release, and will likely pair it with The A-Team season 5, and Magnum PI season 5 in the space that was once occupied by Knight Rider with that series finished on DVD.

The first season was a short, 13 episode season:
    1. Details at Eleven
    2. Love, Christy
    3. Trapdoors
    4. A Recipe for Disaster
    5. The Least Dangerous Game
    6. The Dead Letter File
    7. The Hottest Ticket in Town
    8. Ashes to Ashes, and None Too Soon
    9. Uncivil Servant
    10. Earth to Stacey
    11. Double Entry
    12. Matchmaker
    13. Tanks For the Memories
    Please keep in mind that this news isn't official yet, and we won't have any more details until Universal announced the set.

khaki_dojo

[3]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 57
    Yippee! I've been waiting patiently for the series to hit DVD. Well, okay, so not so patiently. But I've been waiting.

xmulderx2k3

[4]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 8
    Looks like street date is October 10th.

lcaveman75

[5]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    Great News! I'm also a fan of this TV series, and would love to be able to buy it on DVD.  I look forward to the day when they do finally release it to the public for purchase.  Any updates on this?

xhibitionist1

[6]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    I have been watching Simon and Simon on the Sleuth Channel.  I love watching all the old episodes.  I used to watch it when it ws first on and hated to see it go off, but I'm glad there are channels out there that still know what great old shows to air.

Debala715

[7]Jul 27, 2006
    As we've reported, Simon & Simon - Season 1 is finally coming to DVD on October 10th. You'll get 13 episodes (11 hours, 20 minutes) on 4 single-sided DVDs for $39.98 SRP. Video is full frame, and audio is English mono with English subtitles. This is the first DVD release of this popular show, except for cross-over episode on a Magnum, P.I. release.

Speaking of Magnum, we had anticipated that his own fifth season set would be announced along with Simon & Simon. The other one we anticipated, The A-Team, WAS announced, but Magnum's name didn't show up. We'll get back to everyone about that one, okay? Stay tuned also for Simon & Simon cover art, and additional details, once Universal provides them.

Debala715

[8]Jul 27, 2006
    Season 1 DVD artwork

MultiMedea

[9]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 39
    I hope, with the suggested retail Univeral is dropping on it, this set has commentary and bonuses added. I'm pretty sure the cast would be game for that. If that's the true box art, then it means they aren't gonna release it under the extras-deficient "Universal Classics" label. Happy-happy, joy-joy!

Debala715

[10]Aug 11, 2006
    The artwork was changed, here's the updated version (look in the bottom right for change):
    Edited on 08/11/2006 11:57am

Debala715

[11]Aug 11, 2006
    I have already preordered the DVD set! I just can't wait for it to release and arrive here.

MultiMedea

[12]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 39
    I figured they'd have to fix that, considering Town (Tim Reid) wasn't in the 1st season.

khaki_dojo

[13]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 57
    Debala715 wrote:
    As we've reported, Simon & Simon - Season 1 is finally coming to DVD on October 10th.

This post proves to me I've completely lost my mind. I've no idea why, but I was convinced it was coming out on August 15. To top it all off, for some odd reason I also thought the fifth season of Magnum and the fourth of MSW were due out the same date. On the plus side, I'm not completely nuts though -- my local 'FutureShop' had posted that August 15 was the release date for at least two of the three. (Magnum and S&S I'm thinking.)

aerips

[14]Oct 12, 2006
    • level: 5
    This is now available from deepdiscountdvd.com for $27.89; they shipped mine today.

bill__b

[15]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    Debala715 wrote:
    The artwork was changed, here's the updated version (look in the bottom right for change):

and the artwork changed again for the final release. At least my copy has yet another picture in the lower right. They needed a girl on the cover somewhere, I guess. The same picture is also on all four disks in the set.

Catwoman87531

[16]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 55
    Just received word that Season 2 is due to be released in February.

Here is the story: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Simon-Simon-Season-2/10624

I tried to put this into the blog, but there is a bug right now. I will post news there once the bug is fixed.

ruthlove4

[17]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    Simon Helber