Simon & Simon Forums

CBS (ended 1988)

Missing Simon & Simon Episodes!

horselightning

[1]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 1

There are two Simon & Simon episodes one was and the other never was included in universal studios rerun package. There was an episode that ran in summer of 81 shortly before the second season of Simon & Simon began. It was a save the series last minute eppy. If anyone has scenes the  still photos of the Simons on top of  train and climbing on a moving train I belive those are from it. It started with AJ purchasing his house in in Ocean side California. He runs down the stairs with his mother and  the realitare in toe. Goes up to the and exitedly says you what I love most about this house is this door. AJ is pointing to the  stain glass in the front door. When you come back from  commercal Mom enters house  and finds age sitting u[p against the mall a sleep in the empty house. She wakes him up and asks why he didnt go home. He says becasue he didnt  want to leave his new house. For the life of me I can remeber exsactly what their case was in  the episode. But I remeber at the end AJ was packing up the rest of his stuff  and saying he will miss their  first office. The last scene shows him putting h is red wakk down on the oven in his brand new house all full of furniture. Rick tells him how he lost his boat house nad  has move a smaller boat known as the hole in the water intop  his back yard wer  it will stay till a spot at the marina opens up for it. This episode tied the two seasons together and made everything make sense. It introdusing the audience to the changes of the show as well. It was included in the rerun packages for several years after the show eneded its run. Then promptly disapeared from the rerun package in mid ninties. The one distinguishing thing about this episode is how long Jamesons hair had gotten.

The other episode  was called  Simon & Simon special episode and was the last episode of the 6th season. It was an hour and half long and let the  viewers into the world of the actors and crew of the series. It included bloopers like the never ever scene anywhere blooper of  Gerald doing a scene with his fly down. Pictures  of the cast as children. Inside secrets such as the cast really dressed as they did on the show, the answering machjine really had Jameson voice on it and was used to take messages. The cast would often come to work and find orders for pizza on it. Also there only three keys made for AJ's house for three main actors and no one got  in tell one them showed up and let them in.  How the cast was chosen. Filming of the first  7th season episode was being done. I do recall Jameson had on a red polo shirt and black pants. He was very shy infront of  camera or seemed so to me. I don't remember what Gerald had on but he was most at home in front of the camera. I remember the episode started our with Mary Carver , Jameson Parker and Gerald McRaney sitting on AJ's bar stools in that house introducing themsevles and ended the same way with Mary telling the boys they  were like family to her, with boys saying awww and a group hug. This episode aired on its  broadcast air date and during summer reruns. It was  never part of the rerun package. Assuming because of the hour half time frame ,which was also explained in the episode buy the cast as what they finally decided on the length being. Proof of this episode is in an article Jameson did for tv guide I think it was wer hw says he had to call his mother  to ask for childhood pictures for  an upcomming episode. No episode ever  featured real childhood pictures of the guys. So he had to have been  speaking of this one.

All we can hope for  is that Universal finds these episodes an includes them in the dvd seasons. If they enede up in a private colllectin all could be lost. I  hope not because I'm excited as fan to see the seried all together again as it should be.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bill__b

[2]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    Do you have an air-date for that show? or at least an approximate one? I did some VHS recording, but might have missed that one.

horselightning

[3]Dec 23, 2006
    I'm speaking of two episodes. The first was considered the first episode of the second season before the magnum pi episodes cross over . The special episode was ran as the last episode of the 6th season. I would be suprised of someone actually got them on tape. Most fans think i'm making it up. My mother can voutch for me cause she watched them with me.
    Edited on 12/23/2006 6:02pm

dmugnai

[4]Jan 25, 2007
    I recorded all of the 156 syndicated episodes
    on VHS tape from WGN broadcasts during the late 90's.
    I have recently transfered most of them to DVD
    However, I have never seen the episode you are talking
    about. It was not broadcast as part of the syndication
    package. By the way, since you seem to know a lot about Simon and
    Simon, do you know from what episode comes the scene of
    AJ shimmying up a rope to a ship that appears in the
    opening brief scenes from Season 6 to 8?
    I have searched my tapes and have not come up with that scene
    though I think it must be from season 5.