Simon & Simon

CBS (ended 1988)

Catwoman87531

Simon & Simon Fan Reviews (16)

• I've always enjoyed the wonderful chemistry between Gerald McRaney and Jameson Parker playing the beloved Simon brothers. Even with the many changes the occurred over the years, their chemistry never wavered.

I didn't discover "Simon & Simon" until 1995 in syndication, although my parents tell me that I used to sit in the room with them while they watched when I was a child. At any rate, this show has been my favorite for the past 10 1/2 years now.

Mary Carver was wonderful as Cecilia, the independent, opinionated mother of the two title characters.

The character of Downtown Brown was a good balance for the antics of the Simons, and I believe that the years Tim Reid was a part of the show may well have been the best of the series. I never was a fan of Abigail Marsh who took Town's place, but in all fairness, that was a difficult act to follow.

I really wish there were shows like this on television. I definitely miss the crime shows with a touch of humor that were produced in the '70s and '80s.