Simon & Simon

Shadows

Aired Unknown Jan 07, 1988 on CBS

• Good episode but tried a little too hard to be emotional. Know what it was trying to do though and that's a good thing.

When a girl steals A.J.'s wallet and then Rick's camera the boys go after her and find out she's works for some guys on a prostitution boat who deal in drugs and the girl is trying to save one of her friends who is hooked on the drugs. We go through the girl's story that she was left by her father, her friend gets an overdose by the people the girl works for, and in the end AJ helps her to overcome her problems and talk her out of killing her boss who she thinks killed her friend. This one had some very emotional moments and I can see where they were going with it but it just didn't hit me as much as it should. Maybe it was the acting or something else. I don't know but it was a good message to send out there. Trying to show what some girls go through when they're thrown out into the street or abandoned or just unlucky enough to find themselves in those situations. Pretty good episode but could have been even better. The actress playing Allison/Angel is portrayed by the same actress who played the sister on Wonder Years.