Sisters

NBC (ended 1996)

Tru_Slayer

Sisters Fan Reviews (11)

• Forget DVDs Hulu/Netflix/Amazon prime, please

Every Nov. 6 I bring this show up because a special surprise was supposed to happen on the show that night, and I wound up in the hospital waiting to have my first child. He's 20 now. I had forgotten to set the VCR, so it took me 6 years before I got to see that particular episode. This show kept me company when he was in the hospital after he was born (for a month). Georgie's "Some Tuesday in July" speech hits home. They became my sisters, living in my state, going into my city. With a husband who worked the second and third shifts, and a newborn at home, this show was my best friend, sometimes. I would love for it to be on DVD, but I would be even happier if some company put it up to stream. It is an NBC/Universal/USA show, so as soon as they decide it is in their best interest, maybe we will see it. Please, please, please???

• Put it on DVD now!!! I have a petition going to get it on DVD. Please go to the link below and sign it, please, please, please, please, please - http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/put-sisters-tv-show-on-dvd/ I also have a Facebook group. Link on petition!!!

I also have a Facebook group. Link on petition!!!

• Bring it to dvd!!! I looked forward all week long for this show. I was so disappointed when it went off the air. A wonderful cast, great story lines and very enjoyable to watch.

Bring it to DVD - Please!!!!! They have brought shows to DVD that were on TV in the 50's.... what's the hold up? I am an only child and although this was fiction it was a source of entertainment and it gave me a much needed break from being a new mom. The story lines were believable and heart breaking at times as well as funny and heart warming. I didn't have a favorite character or story line; they were all great. I can say that I was especially entertained by John's character. All in all, I miss the show terribly and would very much like to purchase the series on DVD.
  • I have brothers and no sisters and I feel like they all are my sisters (smiles) COME ON DVD!

I have been waiting forever for this tv show called Sisters to be on DVD and ohhh yes I will buy every eposides or seasons I will buy them all! I miss those tv shows! Sisters is the best best tv show ever! They better make Sisters on DVD! Once they make Sisters on DVD it will make me happy ever!
  • The 90's version of brothers and sisters

This show represents exactly why 90's tv was so good.I was so young when I started watching this show I dont even know how old I was.I use to sit down with my mom and dad and watch it while they watched it.Years later they played the repeats on lifetime and I use to watch them everynight.This show covered everything.Family,love,death and all in a gracefull eliquent way.The scripts and acting were superb I have no idea why this show is not on dvd yet I doubt its because people forgot about it,it is an unforgettable show about an unforgettable family.
  • It is a show about 4 sisters very close to each other , but very different from each other..Men may come and go, parents pass away but your siters are with you from cradle to grave.I have never had a show( T. V. or movie ) touch my heart like this one has

I love this show even though it has been 14 years since it was taken off the air..I will never forget how it made me feel I laughed & cried in almost every episode..It was the story of 4 sisters very close to one another , but very different from each other..It is heartwarming and funny and covers all kinds of subject matter from death, cancer, rape and sisters marring other sisters ex-husbands and more done in only a way Sela Ward, Swoosie Kurtz, Patricia Kalember & Julianne Phillaps can do..Please release this show on DVD..
  • I been searching for it on DVD! can't hardly wait! I will purchase every episode.

I love it! I wish it was still on television. Sisters is very addictive. From the very few episodes i saw i couldn't let go. I love it! great cast! exciting story line!

I love it

i enjoy every minute of it.

i love it. l love it. i love it. i love it. i love it. i love it. i love it.

Please come out of dvd collections, i love your series.

i love it
    i love it.
  • Yet another show I was addicted to that they cancelled.

Not sure what to say, here it is 14 years after the final episode. This was a show I watched religiously, and similar to Sex and the City, somehow I found little bits of me in all the main characters.

I especially liked Sela Ward's character. I thought that Ashley Judd was a great selection for Ward's on-screen daughter. The introduction of Frankie, who was played by Julianne Moore, was an interesting twist.

I guess it eventually ran out of steam, but almost every woman I know enjoyed that show.
  • great show

Sisters was a show about very different sisters that truly lived by the famous saying on the show. "The men in your life may leave you, Children grow up, parents pass away, The only ones who are there for you, From cradle to grave, are your sisters.
    Alex (Swoosie Kurtz), Georgie (Patricia Kalember), Teddy (Sela Ward), Frankie (Julianne Phillips) and Charley (Jo Anderson & Sheila Kelley). They dealt with life, love, children, death, divorce, marriage and virtually everything else. All through they were held together by their mother, Bea (Elizabeth Hoffman).
    The roles of the sisters were played by great actreses and many other great actors and actresses had guest roles or recurring roles.
    My favourite "sister" is Teddy.
  • The Reed sisters are not just siblings they are the best of friends. Though they've traded men as often as they've traded barbs, they always put their arguments aside to be there for each other.

I absolutely love this show! I remember my mother watching it when I was younger, then I was lucky enough to get in on reruns later. SoapNet was the only one who showed this show recently, and as of June 27th it has gone off the air.

The show revolved around the Reed sisters who all lived in Winnetka, Illinois, and were the daughters of a workaholic medical doctor who was now deceased. In the show's memorable opening, all of the sisters were shown taking a steam bath together clad only in towels, apparently a weekly family ritual.
    "Georgie" was the backbone of the family and a home maker. "Alex", was a typical stereotype of a doctor's wife. "Teddy" had more problems than the other sisters, everything happened to her. And "Frankie" was a business person climbing the career ladder.

The oldest sister was Alex, who was played by Swoosie Kurtz. She was very protective of her younger siblings and intervened when there was a crisis. Her own life was problematic, as she faced the problems of a rebellious teenage daughter (initially played by Ashley Judd), and a cross dressing husband (David Dukes), who was also a doctor, like Alex‘s father. Bea (played by Elizabeth Hoffman) filled the mother role for the group, which added to the safety of the family dynamic as their mother was seen frequently. Alex and Bea watched over Teddy, Georgie, and Frankie, who were played by Sela Ward, Patricia Kalember, and Julianne Phillips. Teddy (Ward) was the glamorous, devastatingly beautiful sister who was also an at-times-uncontrolled alcoholic. Georgie (Kalember, thirtysomething) was the most responsible sister, with a seemingly-happy marriage to John (Garrett M. Brown), but they had a son fighting leukemia. Which also had an emotionally-devastating effect on his brother, who as a consequence received a far smaller measure of parental attention. Frankie was married to Teddy's ex-husband, Mitch (Ed Marinaro), upon whom she had first developed a crush when he began to date Teddy and Frankie was still a little girl. Teddy's first appearance on the show was to attempt to break up their wedding in a drunken fit of jealousy by using a shotgun.
    Later, the sisters became aware of a fifth "sister", a half-sister who was the love child of an affair the Reed father had with another woman. This fifth sister, Charley (played by Jo Anderson and then by Sheila Kelley) factored into storylines starting in 1994, and was yet another medical doctor character. The writing, which was always somewhat exaggerated (the creators called it "heightened reality"), tended to become even more over the top as the seasons progressed, perhaps culminating with Alex's post-divorce affair with a plumber and subsequent marriage to Al (Robert Klein), an outlandish appliance retailer who frequently appeared in his own television commercials as "The Appliance King", complete with robe and crown. The show was created by Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman, who went on to adapt Queer as Folk for the American market.

The series was interesting because when they recollected the past, there were scenes made with kids that played them as children. That going back to the past and back to the present gave a lot of physiological impact to the characters. That was a nice touch! I started watching the series because I have three sisters. I could identify with the characters. Then the show turned into a typical American soup-opera where everything happened to one character. They get married, divorced, blinded and cured, crippled, raped etc., and we decided that we did not like the series any more and stopped watching it. Some now famous actors played in the series such as: George Clooney (ER) "Detective James Falconer"; Ashley Judd ( Ruby in Paradise) "Reed Halsey Philby" was the rich kid who was sent to boarding school in Europe. But overall it was a very well done television series.
  • Sisters was a show about 4 very different sisters that truly lived by the famous saying on the show. "The men in your life may leave you, Children grow up, parents pass away, The only ones who are there for you, From cradle to grave, are your sisters.

Sisters was a great show that really showed the bond between sisters. From the first time I saw this show, I was addicted. This is one show I never got tired of watching. The sisters were always there for each other, even when they were fights. The show dealt with many issues a family goes through. The actresses displayed such great emotion that you felt you were there with them. Sela Ward played Teddy and was my favorite Sister. She went through so much, but always picked herself up. It was a realistic show that truly touched my heart. It is and will always be my favorite show.