Sit Down, Shut Up (Australia)

Network Ten (ended 2001)

Sit Down, Shut Up (Australia) Fan Reviews (3)

6.6
  • I thought Sit Down, Shut Up showed a lot of promise. The characters that made up the staff of the school were diverse and peculiar, and their interaction with the children and each other created many very funny moments.

7.7
    I thought Sit Down, Shut Up showed a lot of promise. The characters that made up the staff of the school were diverse and peculiar, and their interaction with the children and each other created many very funny moments. The combination of true to life scenarios mixed with the completely surreal gave the show a unique feel as well. It was a shame that it wasn't picked up for a 2nd season, as by the end of the 1st all of the "new show" kinks had been ironed out and it had really found it's stride. A criticism I had was the studio audience and the annoying laugh track. I think the show would have been better served going with more of a documentary "fly on the wall" style, similar to Frontline or the Office. All up though I thought it was a good effort, and I had many big laughs.