Sit Down, Shut Up Forums

Sunday 8:30 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Awful

pieman353

[1]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 1

I can't understand why almost evryone on the site is saying its "hilarious". Each episode is 22 minutes of sex puns and a slow moving plot

Arrested Development:way better. I was expecting a little more from Mitch.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 63
    pieman353 wrote:

I can't understand why almost evryone on the site is saying its "hilarious". Each episode is 22 minutes of sex puns and a slow moving plot.

Arrested Development:way better. I was expecting a little more from Mitch.

I think we all did. Either way, Fox just pulled the show after two airings.

omega_dog

[3]May 1, 2009
    • level: 8
    I know this show is terrible. I hate what passes as comedy anymore

tubalcane420

[4]May 1, 2009
    • level: 18
    It's looking like the show isn't coming back next year so it doesn't matter anyway but...

It's stupid to judge a show by its first handful of episodes. I didn't enjoy the show, but it's problems are early-episode problems, not fundamental problems. The humor will stop being so insistent, and it will be easier to watch.

But whatever. Arrested Development sucks and I hope Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein finally go back to the Simpsons.

FIyingHeIIfish

[5]May 4, 2009
    • level: 1

tubalcane420 wrote:
    It's stupid to judge a show by its first handful of episodes. I didn't enjoy the show, but it's problems are early-episode problems, not fundamental problems. The humor will stop being so insistent, and it will be easier to watch.

By your logic we should force ourselves to watch television we do not enjoy not IN HOPES of it getting better, but because IT WILL get better. With this rather spurious reasoning I would say you are hardly in any position to call others stupid, nor should you be so opinionated that you do so anyway. Manners.

tubalcane420 wrote:
    But whatever. Arrested Development sucks and I hope Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein finally go back to the Simpsons

Wrong forum, wrong show(s). If you're going to complain in an obnoxious manner, at least do it in the right place(s).

http://www.tv.com/arrested-development/show/17005/forums.html

http://www.tv.com/The+Simpsons/show/146/forums.html

tubalcane420

[6]May 4, 2009

It's related. Tangentially. It's me finding a silver lining in this promising show bombing so soon.

The Mitch Hurwitz thing. It's tough to explain why I'm so hostile towards Arrested Development. It's one of those "underappreciated" "cult" shows. I'm all about that kind of thing. Mr Show, Tim & Eric, Get A Life, The Young Ones, Newsradio. I'm Mr. Cult-Following. I'm angry because Arrested Development gives that kind of thing a bad name. So I wish bad things upon Mitch Hurwitz because his lousy show was picked by other people to be "unappreciated genius." Eh. The internet is the proper place for misplaced hatred.

Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein are the reason I cared about this show even a little. From Simpsons DVD commentaries it's clear they're on the ball. I'm rooting for them. (Bill Oakley apparently dropped out, leaving only Weinstein at SDSU) I'm sure Weinstein would have turned the show into something great eventually. I've also thought that the two have a knack for the Simpsons. Maybe with the setback of SDSU getting canned they'dgive up on trying to succeed outside of the Simpsons and return to the Simpsons.

TudorRose

[7]May 10, 2009
    • level: 14
    The show is terrible. I can't beieve they axed King of the Hill for this crap.

PsYcNeT

[8]May 12, 2009
    • level: 2
    Yeah man I wish they just re-made Arrested Development, that show would never have got cancelled.

shadowysea07

[9]May 31, 2009
    • level: 25
    FIyingHeIIfish wrote:

tubalcane420 wrote:

By your logic we should force ourselves to watch television we do not enjoy not IN HOPES of it getting better, but because IT WILL get better. With this rather spurious reasoning I would say you are hardly in any position to call others stupid, nor should you be so opinionated that you do so anyway. Manners.

tubalcane420 wrote:
    But whatever. Arrested Development sucks and I hope Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein finally go back to the Simpsons

Wrong forum, wrong show(s). If you're going to complain in an obnoxious manner, at least do it in the right place(s).

http://www.tv.com/arrested-development/show/17005/forums.html

http://www.tv.com/The+Simpsons/show/146/forums.html

i know its kinda stupid to bring this up now when the argument is over but tubal never said anyone was stupid and you also need to learn some manners. your reply gives off an obnoxious and arrogant tone. all tubal said was that people should give a show a chance and wait a few eps in to see if it gets better instead of instantly having an opinion after the first few eps. I don't agree with that but thats my opinion and i'm entitled to it just as your entitled to yours.

Edited on 05/31/2009 5:34pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Bladez636

[10]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    Amen, FIyingHeIIfish! No one here understands good humor!

DOMOJITA

[11]Jun 15, 2009
    maybe fox shude try and air a anime from funimation like shin chan or something, i hate this show with a passiont.

mycah808

[12]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    I KNOW!!! King of the Hill is one of FOX's best series. Sit Down, Shut Up is just plain awful. I watched 1 minute of the first episode and I regret doing so. Please bring back King of the Hill. I liked FOX's original Animation Domination lineup. I hope The Cleveland Show will erase this shows influence on people.

LouiseRees

[13]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 2
    Have a sence of humour for christ sake its only a tv show not the hole dam world!!!! its just a bit of fun a bit of comedy god why to people argue whats good and bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!