Sit Down, Shut Up Forums

Sunday 8:30 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

looks promising

twentymooseman

[1]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 3
    I dont know what anyone else thinks about this show, but i think it looks pretty good. still has the arrested development-esque humor of extremely self centered people, i hope that this turns out as good as arrested development. does anyone know when they start airing this?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jasobres

[2]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 28
    Yeah, but even though Arrested Development was good, it failed to find an audience until after it was cancelled. I have a bad feeling that it won't even make it past episode three.

The air date is projected as next spring.

tubalcane420

[3]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    I never liked AD, but I'm excited because Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein are the showrunners. They were in charge of the Simpsons during two of the classic years.

skull555

[4]Jan 27, 2009
    This show looks like it could be pretty good.

Moviemaster2222

[5]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'm always up for something different and funny, here's hoping

tubalcane420

[6]Mar 22, 2009
    Fox aired a promo tonight during the Simpsons. It was made up of snippets and basically just drilled the name into the viewer's head, but the colors looked nice and rich. At the very least, this will be a pretty show to look at.

s_psara

[7]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 2

Im looking forward to watching this new animated show, Im actually pretty excited and cant wait for it to start April 19. Especially since its in the middle of The Simpsons and Family Guy. It gives us viewers 3 good shows to watch back-to-back. And the concept of having animated characters in a non-animated background is a brilliant concept. And it has a great cast. I gave it a 10 and hope alot of people give it a high score. It looks promising.

gamernut

[8]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 5
    I will not rate it until I see it, but it should be good. Has a very good cast. Including Will Arnett, Will Forte, and Kenan Thompson.

KoedNaked

[9]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    was this supposed to be funny? i will not watch this show again.

stranger12343

[10]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 8
    I actually thought it was pretty good. I thought it had its moments. We'll see if it gets better

EJamison

[11]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 17
    I rarely give up on a show after one episode but I'm not going to watch this again.

stranger12343

[12]Apr 19, 2009
    For the record, I had very low expectations. And I didn't expect it to be nearly as good as Arrested Development. Maybe I was delusional when I watched it, and would have liked anything.

SignaturePlayer

[13]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    I got about a quarter of the way through the episode and had to switch it off, the show is awful.

s_psara

[14]Apr 20, 2009
    I actually really enjoyed watching this show. Its the best show I saw in years. I enjoyed it more than the simpsons (being a fan of the simpsons ever since it first came on air). Just to let everyone know, this show is not like any animation show with no story, this show will actually have a story and every week the story will continue. Like do you all honestly think the acting principal would fire a teacher for no reason?? answer that lol. Awsome pilot.

n5d25d90

[15]Apr 20, 2009
    I didn't think it was that bad. It had its moments.

HelloStuart

[16]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 63
    s_psara wrote:
    I actually really enjoyed watching this show. Its the best show I saw in years. I enjoyed it more than the simpsons (being a fan of the simpsons ever since it first came on air). Just to let everyone know, this show is not like any animation show with no story, this show will actually have a story and every week the story will continue. Like do you all honestly think the acting principal would fire a teacher for no reason?? answer that lol. Awesome pilot.

The pilot was a complete clunker. I didn't laugh once. I was half-expecting this forum shred this show to bits --and I guess I was right-- but you clearly saw something that I didn't see. All the characters were painted with huge brushstrokes, and the bisexual drama teacher was by far the most one-dimensional. If episode #2 is just as bad, I think we can turn off the respirator.

s_psara

[17]Apr 20, 2009
    Not for me, im supporting this show 100%. It will be a hit, with 20 plus seasons in the making.

KoedNaked

[18]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 6

s_psara wrote:
    Not for me, im supporting this show 100%. It will be a hit, with 20 plus seasons in the making.

i can't tell if this guy is trying to be funny or a writer for the show trying to validate his crappy career. the only way this show lasts is if they never move it from the sunday night lineup. i'm just saying i know it wont last because i would rather read a physical chemistry text.

n5d25d90

[19]Apr 20, 2009
    KoedNaked wrote:

s_psara wrote:

i can't tell if this guy is trying to be funny or a writer for the show trying to validate his crappy career. the only way this show lasts is if they never move it from the sunday night lineup. i'm just saying i know it wont last because i would rather read a physical chemistry text.

People have their own opinions, you know. Just because you'd rather read a physical chemistry text doesn't mean everyone would rather read one than watch this.

Losterrific

[20]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 9

Awful. Horrible. Bad. Crash and Burn. This was the worst thing I have seen in years. Is Fox honestly this desperate to put on such a horrible series, with terrible voice acting and horrendous animation. The episode had no story except for lame character introductions. What's worse were the catch phrases, especially the teacher who runs around multiple times stating "I need a catchphrase", ultimatly hinting that was his catch phrase, i'm sorry but I didn't find that the least bit funny. Fox has cancelled a lot of series that proved their selves more than this one, Futurama (although i don't like that show), King of the Hill, Malcolm in the Middle, Family Guy. I expect it to last maybe another week or two, then they'll pull the plug.