Sit Down, Shut Up

Sunday 8:30 PM on FOX Premiered Apr 19, 2009 Between Seasons

Sit Down, Shut Up Fan Reviews (21)

6.3
  • What were they thinking?

What a complete and utter disappointment. I am beyond confused. This is a cartoon from Mitch Hurwitz. It stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Will Forte, Cheri Oteri, Keenan Thompson, etc. By all means, it is composed of some of the greatest talent in comedy right now, not to mention the creator of perhaps the best comedy ever made. Yet it is completely devoid of humor. In the first two episodes, I have laughed once. And I can't even remember the joke. After watching an episode of AD for the first time, I could recite dozens. I am so shocked and disappointed that I can't even write a decent review. I can just say this show blows and it will be gone very soon, thank god. Shame on every actor/writer who contributed to this without asking mitch why the jokes aren't funny. I didn't review after the first episode because I figured I was just being a pessimist. After the second, I am certain it is not going to get any better. My guess is that we will see 2, maybe 3 more episodes before it is pulled. And that is me being an optimist.