Six Feet Under

Dancing For Me

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 13, 2005 on HBO

• Nate re-connects with some high-school friends.

Another great episode of Six Feet Under here. Every character is getting some great scenes to chew on without going over the top, especially James Cromwell as George.

In this episode, we find Nate meeting up again with a friend from high school after a friend they both had runs himself over with a car (one of the funny gags of the episode is whenever somebody asks "how does somebody run themselves over?") David and Keith's adoption attempts continue forward after Keith suggests that they have Claire donate some eggs to them so it can be like they're really having a baby. Brenda continues her attempts to be a psychologist, with the help of her mother, while Billy's attempts to stay sane becomes a difficult task. Ruth continues dealing with George, who is trying his best to remain sane but finds it more and more difficult every day.

The thing I like about this season so far (of course, it's only two episodes in so far) is that every character gets something meaningful to go through, even the minor characters. Billy is a character that has sort of popped in and out of the show throughout it's four seasons. Who would've thought he'd have one of the more interesting plots heading into Season 5? And while I've been pretty critical of David and Keith's relationship throughout the show, I think adopting a kid could be good for their character arcs. And man... Cromwell is batting a thousand so far. His mini-breakdown near the end of the episode was absolutely superb. I have no idea how he never won an Emmy, but either way, he's doing a great job.

I hope Season 5 remains as good as it is so far.