Six Feet Under Forums

HBO (ended 2005)

How did Lisa die?

froggirl8019

[1]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 4
    I am a new fan to Six Feet Under and have been reading up on all the episodes.  I felt so sad that Nate's wife, Lisa had died, since they had a little baby.  I was wondering, how did Lisa die?? Thanks!! God bless
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Glordit

[2]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    froggirl8019 wrote:
    I am a new fan to Six Feet Under and have been reading up on all the episodes.  I felt so sad that Nate's wife, Lisa had died, since they had a little baby.  I was wondering, how did Lisa die?? Thanks!! God bless

mmmm I think she dround? it has been a while since I watched six feet under so I might be wrong

reeppi

[3]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    Yeah, she killed herself by drowning.

froggirl8019

[4]Nov 21, 2006
    she killed herself?! how horrible!!!! how tragic for nate and little maya, especially little maya, first her mom and then, her dad, nate dying. Thanks, guys for giving me that info. God bless

reeppi

[5]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    Well Maya thinks Brenda as her mommy just as much as Lisa once was. So I guess losing Lisa wasn't really a big deal.

froggirl8019

[6]Nov 23, 2006
    Well, Maya may think of Brenda as her mom, but still, losing your mother at any age, in any way is a big deal. It is a sad, tragic thing

siobhanmcc

[7]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 16
    reeppi wrote:
    Yeah, she killed herself by drowning.

errr possibly, but also may have been murdered. You never know for sure...

crazycrane

[8]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 2

Lisa was murdered by her ex-brother-in-law. This was revealed in the fourth season

siobhanmcc

[9]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 16
    crazycrane wrote:

Lisa was murdered by her ex-brother-in-law. This was revealed in the fourth season

And an eps in the 5th season explains that they will never know how she died as she and her brother in law are dead and they are the only ones that know for sure.

Personally I don't think she would commit sucide because of Maya. However perhaps it was an accidentl, so who knows... 

MotaroRIP123

[11]Dec 16, 2006
    Yeah, she did have an affair with her brother-in-law though... didn't she? I'm sure the brother in law killed her, she doesn't seem like a suicidal girl. I mean she was on all fours, begging the ants to leave her house.

MyBorDy

[12]Dec 27, 2006
    I also think that her brother-in-law, Hoydt, kill her. If not, why in hell he would commit suicide and leave his two daughters? Only for being afraid of her wife? The answer seems so obvious, but that's a problem because they did not say anything clear to that, but it's the more reasonable answer I know.

night_hawk7

[13]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 10
    I was always a little confused on whether or not she killed herself or was killed by the brother-in-law. Personally, I don't think Lisa woulda killed herself. I think there is way more to it. I love how the viewers don't really ever get to find out. I like open-ended storylines like that.

SleepTight

[14]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 36
    It wasn't actually said she was murdered but I think it's almost sertain she was.

aspettig

[15]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    She didn't kill herself.  Her brother-in-law killed her, then when Nate confronted him about her death and their affair, he shot himself.

marvelgirl75

[16]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    Um, I just watched the season finale for S4 and it is revealed that Barb's husband Hoyt had an affair with Lisa. Hoyt says that Lisa broke things off and that he couldn't let Lisa tell Barb. Then he goes into some crazy sentimental speech about not getting angry, then playing her a song on his guitar, then them parting ways. Then he sees that Barb has heard the whole thing, whips out a gun and shoots himself. I think it's pretty obvious that he's totally crazy and killed her. He always was a big creepy freak. 
    Edited on 01/03/2007 2:13pm

aspettig

[17]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    marvelgirl75 wrote:
    Um, I just watched the season finale for S4 and it is revealed that Barb's husband Hoyt had an affair with Lisa. Hoyt says that Lisa broke things off and that he couldn't let Lisa tell Barb. Then he goes into some crazy sentimental speech about not getting angry, then playing her a song on his guitar, then them parting ways. Then he sees that Barb has heard the whole thing, whips out a gun and shoots himself. I think it's pretty obvious that he's totally crazy and killed her. He always was a big creepy freak.

He was a creepy freak.

mel0

[18]Jan 17, 2007
    There was no proof she was murdered, the only 2 people (her and her brother-in-law) who were there when she drowned are now dead. Cause will never be known.

eirikthered

[19]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    mel0 wrote:
    There was no proof she was murdered, the only 2 people (her and her brother-in-law) who were there when she drowned are now dead. Cause will never be known.

I think Hoyt at first asked Lisa to come to the beach and have a conversation with her.(His daughter secretly followed him to the beach)Hoyt perhaps wanted to divorce his wife and marry Lisa.But Lisa wouldn't.So they got a big fight, Hoyt drown her.(not on purpose maybe)His daughter witnessed the murder and later gave Nate a book with a photo of Lisa standing on that beach in it, indicating that Lisa's death had a story.When Nate found out about it, Hoyt put a bullet in his head.

M4TTK

[20]Feb 5, 2007
    The absolute truth on what happened will never be known. Anything anyone says is either suppositions or guesswork (which everyone is entitled to of course!).

Nate says it very well himself at one point, as Hoyte tries to convince Nate that Lisa was fed up of him and killed herself. Nate cries out something along the lines of: "No, she would never do that. She would maybe leave me, but not Maya."

For me it is impossible to believe that Lisa committed suicide, for the very reason stated above. But Lisa and Hoyt's secret is burried with them.