Six Feet Under Forums

HBO (ended 2005)

Who cried?

dude6363

[1]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 60
    Who cried during the series finale montage feat. Sia's "breathe me"? I did!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rygar9911

[2]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    I admit, I came pretty close

I watched it again on youtube and it really choked me up

domino87

[3]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 10

I wept like a fcking baby. If you watched every episode leading up to that one I don't see how you couldn't. Easily one of the best endings to a series ever. The video is here if anyone wants to revisit it.

"You cant take a picture of this, it's already gone."

dude6363

[4]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 60
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone" is probulay the saddest sentence ever uttered. I recently met up with some very dear friends for that's going to be the last time with all of us and as we were taking the inevitable final photo and we decided to do a mid-air thing where we all jump on "3!" and it should have been really funny and silly but as I got ready to jump it came to me "you can't take a picture of this, it's already gone" and my smile was completly phony and sad. I'm currently re-watching SFU for the first time it's been since the new episodes aired,I just finished episode 2.2. It's such a great show. I adore the series box set, i'm glad I resisted the temptation to buy the individual sets and soundtracks.

randan02

[5]Jan 21, 2008
    The finale made me cry for the first time in over ten years. Ten years in which I've had multiple deaths in my family. There's never been a more powerful ending than this one. And there never will be.................

rygar9911

[6]Jan 21, 2008

I found season 4 very stressful to watch, but by the end of season 5 I was wondering why season 4 couldn't have been more like it.

The ending was amazing, and very emotional.

David Chase should have taken notes on how to end a series, I'm not saying he should have ended the Sopranos the same way, but people will be talking for years how great the SFU ending was. You think people will say that in a few years about the Sopranos ending? It just left a bad taste in everyone's mouths. (I still think tony's dead, but it doesn't really matter

I just hope something good comes around again as involving as SFU, I'm into Dexter, which I love, and I just ordered the first season of Big Love

rockisawesome

[7]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    omg i cried that whole episode lol. The one that still always get me is david's death. It's so sad yet so sweet. I can still picture it in my head and with breathe me playing during it, it just gets me every time.

Igor_PP

[8]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    I just finished the series. 'Came really close when I saw Claire's eyes in the end. The ending was simply beautiful, haunting, depressing, realistic. The best freaking ending a show could have. B E S T.
    I'll miss this show so much!! I already do!

Spraycanparty

[9]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 1

I cried my way through the three final episodes pretty much.

More than I've cried since I was like.. 5 years old.

NptuneSunnydle

[10]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    I cried my eyes out not only the first time I saw it, but the second and third. The first time I watched it, I cried for like a week every time I thought about the ending. It was incredibly emotional for me not only because of the deaths of each character, but because I wasn't going to get to see my favorite show anymore. I agree that David's death was the hardest for me to watch. The fact that Keith was there to meet him was so beautiful. I also found it funny that as Brenda died, Billy was still complaining about Claire and the guy she picked over him.

dylanesque

[11]May 2, 2008
    • level: 7
    I cried more than i ever cried. Just like i cried in season 3 finale. In season 4 premiere. And i can watch this episode one hundred times, i will always cry.

KaAaRine

[12]May 2, 2008
    • level: 22
    I cried the whole episode!!! It's the best finale I've ever seen!! Everything about this episode was good and SO beautiful!! We can say goodbye to all the caracters we loved...
    I miss Claire, Nate, Brenda, Keith, Ruth and Billy...everyone

Keshannon2

[13]Jul 3, 2008
    [QUOTE="domino87"]

I wept like a fcking baby. If you watched every episode leading up to that one I don't see how you couldn't. Easily one of the best endings to a series ever. The video is here if anyone wants to revisit it.

"You cant take a picture of this, it's already gone.

I thought the ending as beautiful and final. And those are the saddest words to hear. It just touched my heart. I cried like a baby. My daughter, who is 16 , said mom I never saw you cry. I absolutely love it accept for one problem. At the very end, as they was showing how everyone died, why did they have to make so that Keith had a violent death. Why couldn't he go peacefully like with all the other characters. They only black person on the show and they had to make his death violent. I was disappointed. But this show really did touch my heart. I felt like I knew, what Nate met by saying "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone. Words that touch your soul.

PabloExobar

[14]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    eh, why turn his death into a race issue? it makes sense he died like that; he was cop, security guard all his life. anyway, to the original question, yes i cried. that doesnt happen alot, but i did. and i also cried during "all alone". what a beatiful episode. the endgame of this show was just something else.... nothing like on tv.

TylerSoprano

[15]Sep 8, 2008
    Just finished Six Feet Under and I cried during and after those final 5 minutes. Best ending ever and soo haunting. Loved that Keith was there when David died. One damn cute couple.

Mlebaron

[16]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. The final montage of SFU is hands-down the most emotional moment I've ever experienced with a TV series or movie. After spending 5 seasons with these characters, the events depicted in the montage resonated deeply within me. I cried pretty hard and then just sat for what seemed like an hour thinking about how wonderful this series was.

verbaldaggers

[17]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    The ending is so moving. I still find it hard to sit through some on my favorite characters die and fade to white without chocking up. I hate how Keith died

wowbobwow38

[18]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    yeah, I must say I cried more during "All Alone" than the finale. The most moving and tear-inducing scene in "Eveyone's Waiting" is when Ruth and Claire are sitting on the couch and Ruth refuses to let Claire stay for her and commands her to go out and live her life. Awesome, awesome scene!

KaTiE_the_EmCee

[19]Nov 20, 2009

From the moment Nate died at the end of the fourth last episode, I did not stop sobbing until the end of the show (I watched it on DVD)! Those last four episodes of the show have to be the best four hours of any tv show I have ever seen. The last episode, particularly during the ending montage, killed me!

It was the best possible ending, and it will forever stick with me. I can not even hear that song by Sia without getting choked up.

"You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone..." So sad!!!

I cried for days after I watched the finale of this amazing show...

lori41

[20]Jan 16, 2010

Ditto what everyone else has said.

I didn't have HBO at the time the finale was broadcast, but I had seen much of the series (my old building had HBO) already and was DYING (no pun intended) to see it. I checked around for viewing parties or friends with HBO, but nothing worked out. So, I went actually rented a room in a cheap motel with HBO to watch the finale. I'm so glad I was alone, because I sobbed for most of the episode, especially the final montage, when I just really lost it for 20 minutes straight. The motel didn't have kleenex (like I said, cheap), but I think I used up an entire roll of toilet paper. I hadn't been able to watch the latter half of season 5, so I didn't know that Nate had already died when I started watching. To learn that--and then witness the deaths of all the other characters--well, that was just too much. It was a nearly perfect episode of TV--and hands-down the best finale ever. The only line in the episode I don't like is when Clare says to her mother, "And thank you--for giving me birth" (yes, I've memorized some of the lines). That just seemed artificial and over the top. Then of course there's the fact that Clare suddenly has a new car (hopefully a rental--because she won't need it in NYC) and decides to DRIVE to New York? What? But those are just quibbles in an otherwise perfect episode.