Six Feet Under

In Place of Anger

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 07, 2002 on HBO

• Nikolai was greatly missed, but now he's back. What a shame the rest of the episode was sub par compared to the rest of the series.

This episode I really have to try hard to find anything that I liked. Nikolai returned to make certain scenes a bit funnier, which was great but that makes me wonder where was he for several episodes? Anyway, apart from him and the dinner scenes with the vodka, everything kinda blends.

Ruth's sister was about as uninteresting as Ruth most of the time.... and I really didn't see how her plot fitted into the essence of the show. And Brenda really annoyed me. What is he doing? It's just horrible. Her sexual addiction only after a few days of the proposal is so out of character and upsetting, I doubt anything but a huge break up could happen to her and Nate. Overall I would say this was the weakest episode so far of the show with very little plot advancement that actually interested me. Same for character development, this just felt like a Ruth / Brenda centric episode which is an unfortunate pairing.