Six Feet Under

Pilot

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 03, 2001 on HBO

• Pilot episode

Of course now that the show has gone off the air, I finally get on the bandwagon. I've caught the fever of going to Blockbuster to catch up on TV shows now on DVD, and this week, I've picked Six Feet Under. So now I can go and read the reviews of each episode as I make it through this dismal drama about a family of undertakers, and I must admit, the pilot did grab me, now I'm on to Episode 2, and may just keep my Blockbuster habit going with this show, as I've got five seasons to blast through. My only disappointment with the show so far is finding out that the funeral home supply commercials ended after the pilot. I thought they added a hilarious spin to the otherwise dreary subject matter, and was sad to not see them in Episode 2 and evidently never to see them again. So okay, they were just a feature of the pilot, I must move on, it's not going to make me stop watching the show. But if the producers had asked my opinion six years ago or whenever the show began, I woulda said to stick with the commercials. I liked them.